IT.COM

Finally...My First Two Sales!!!

NameSilo
Watch

WillW

Upgraded Member
Impact
Sold my first domain today! Finally!! While I was looking it over, I got an email that another one of my domains just sold! My first two sales on the same day! Great way to start 2018!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks everyone!

@eNqyddn - For real! At first I thought it was a real email because I had just advertised the inquired domain on a major venue the day before and it definitely looked legit. I probably would have figured it out regardless seeing as they offered me XXX,XXX for a domain that's at the most worth up to the low-to-mid XXXX range, but thank god for NP!

@WillW Ya thank god for NP! LOL. Thought of playing along and asking for more after but was paranoid so changed my mind.

•••
@eNqyddn - I actually did! I saw the NP thread after I responded to the first email. They sent me a response shorty after with an "offer" for XXX,XXX for a .org that definitely isn't worth anything close to that. I emailed them back and told them it was too much. I asked them if they could go any lower...

Haven't heard a response back since!

•••
@eNqyddn - I actually did! I saw the NP thread after I responded to the first email. They sent me a response shorty after with an "offer" for XXX,XXX for a .org that definitely isn't worth anything close to that. I emailed them back and told them it was too much. I asked them if they could go any lower...

Haven't heard a response back since!

I was thinking of asking them for a ridiculous amount just to see what they would say LOL! Dont think they are prepared to respond to someone asking for lower haha. Would be interesting to know what's their response. Do share when theyve responded @WillW

•••
Congratulations , happy and great year 2018 (y)

•••
?

this is great but a little low information

how much you got ?
how much you paid ?

•••
Speaking of, does anyone here know how long the transfer process can take on Sedo?
It depends on many factors. Did Sedo received payment from buyer, how fast transaction of domain is approved and conducted and so on. In my expiriens it is 1-30 days range from initial message of sale till payment. Unfortunately some deals were cancelled due to buyer did not pay.

•••
•••
Congrats.. great opening for the year 2018.
Here's for more sales and good luck!

•••
Congrats mate.

Any chance of sharing DNs?

•••
@eNqyddn - I'm anticipating their response! I haven't heard back from them though, which is what I expected.

The domain that's pending transfer was registered for $8.88 through Namecheap. That domain was sold for $600.00 - I'll share that domain once transfer is complete! After fees, take home will be $510.00!

The other domain, which was also registered through Namecheap for $8.88, was sold for $700.00. Just got the ok to share so that domain was rhuvi.com - I guess their planning on turning it into some designer company for millennials........smh

•••
•••
•••
Thanks everyone! Definitely feels good! Hopefully the transfer process on sedo will pick up the pace soon. I've grown two full beards since I got the "congratulations" email

•••
•••
Great......... congratulations.

•••
Congrats!!!
Happy 2018 start(y)

•••
Many congrats.

First sale is something to remember. It instills faith in the business.

Wish you a happy new year. Party hard!

•••
•••
Got the same email from “Japan” LOL. Thought it was a genuine enquiry at first until he replied me. His Email name changed from one to another. Didn’t seem right and he offered me 30k for some random domain I had lol. Looked it up here as well and found out it’s a scam. Don’t be fooled everyone...
I received a similar email from a Korean broker and wants me to pay a kind of certificate before moving onto the deal. Clearly a scam.

•••
I cancelled the sale earlier this week via Sedo as the buyer has still not responded to pay. Just have to move on and plan for new sales.

That's a valuable tip for any beginner: Nothing is set in stone until money is in the pocket.

I can say the domain now though - It was decryption / key / in king.

Last edited:
•••
I cancelled the sale earlier this week via Sedo as the buyer has still not responded to pay. Just have to move on and plan for new sales.

That's a valuable tip for any beginner: Nothing is set in stone until money is in the pocket.

I can say the domain now though - It was decryption / key / in king.

Sorry to hear that one of the sales fell through, but congratulations on the other.

decryptionKey in .com sounds like a great domain name, though, and good luck with finding a new buyer who will carry through with the sale.

•••
@MetBob - yep completely out of my hands. I had a few inquiries for the name prior to the BIN so I'm just going to put it back on as a BIN sale. At least I have one sale so far this year.

One sale is better than no sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back