NameSilo

Figuring out the TDNAM..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we've bought a couple of domains at tdnam over the years but only the ones we stumbled upon per accident. Now we've found a domain for a customer of ours that we want to grab. The domain is registered with godaddy, it expired over 2 months ago and we'd like to know what our best options are before the domain hits the pending delete status.

Do we have to backorder the domain at Gdaddy to make sure it enters the TDNAM. Will the domain enter TDNAM at all once the status changes to pending delete or will it get dropped?

Where exactly do the pending delete domains registered with godaddy go? To TDNAM?

Thanks in advance all, we appreciate the help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im a Bit rusty on my TDNAM knowledge, so hopefully someone can correct me. First and foremost, the expired domain at this point would have already been on TDNAM and had it likely been bid on, picked up and renewed already.

At this point I believe you can apply a GD Backorder, but to be safe, I would target all the major drop catchers as a precaution.

Snapnames
NameJet
Pool

If it does get dropped, you stand a better chance if you have it backordered at those places.

•••
I would look for it at TDnam first as there is a good chance it is still floating in their pool of expired domains. On occasion I have come across $5 expired domains which I recall having been there weeks ago.

•••
If the domain is in redemption status, it won't appear in TDNAM. If it is not in redemption status, search the TDNAM.

If it is not in redemption status and not in TDNAM. Godaddy may be testing it for itself or for collecting domain stats to use in auctions.

If it is in redemption status, and if you would like to backorder with Godaddy. If it is a good name, you won't have any chance.
If it is a nondesirable name, you can grab it.
If it is a nondesirable name, but some other guys also backorder, you will have a private TDNAM auction with them.

If it is in redemption status, and if it is a good name, backorder with snapnames and backorder with pool. You will have more chance. Good luck.

•••
Two months after expiry? It'll get dropped soon. About 78 days after expiry. So it's already been on TDNAM and nobody wanted it for $5. So I think you'd be quite safe to wait for it to drop and then register it. But, if you don't want to take any chances you should backorder it at NameJet/SnapNames/Pool (all three). You could backorder it at GoDaddy, but for my thinking why waste the extra $10 when it's going to drop anyway.

•••
Thanks all, here is what I can't figure out though. I am 100% sure the domain isn't in the TDNAM because I've searched it up and down, backwards and forwards. I came up emtpy.

Spade - if the domain has been on TDNAM, how do I know if any offers were made? I assume there is no BIN when the domain is still in redemption period? The domain has not been renewed either (according to the whois atleast.)

I am so lost on this TDNAM stuff :P

•••
ThreeD, if you would like PM me the domain name and I'll try to assist.

•••
Thanks Adam, I've put a backorder on the domain at Snap, Pool and Namejet. If that doesn't work out I'll let you know ;) I don't see any reason to put a backorder at godaddy, they probably wouldn't catch the domain for me anyways.

Edit: I found this in another thread, pretty useful information about TDNAM!

On the expiration date we attempt to renew if the auto-renew is enabled.
We attempt 2 more renewals, on the 5th and 12th day
The name is parked on day 5 to alert the customer

On day 12 if the renewal has not been processed, the name goes into a 30
day redemption period. The name can be renewed at the regular rate up
until the end of day 18.

On day 19 the renewal would also incur the $80.00 redemption fee.

On day 26 the name enters the expired domains auction where it remains
until day 36.
If there are no bids the name goes into the fire sale auction on day 37
where it remains until day 42.

On day 43:
If there is an auction winner the name is awarded to them.
If there is no auction winner, the name goes to a backorder in our
system should one exist.
If there is neither an auction winner or a backorder, the name drops to
the registry for 30 days plus deletion.
Of course, as per our legal agreements these terms are subject to change
at any time.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back