Domain Empire

status-resolved Feedback: The Onscreen Chat Bugs Me (Support chat bubble)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domainating

Domainer & HostEstablished Member
Impact
Name Pros Feedback: The Onscreen Chat Floating Icon Bugs the Heck Out of Me...

Why does this make sense, it only seems to allow me to send a message to NP, and doesn't even seem to offer a real chat, just another means to send a private message to the administration team.

If it didn't flash/blink all the time I probably wouldn't mind it, but it does.

Is there any way to turn this distraction off? My time is MUCH less enjoyable here when it blinks with every single page reload.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The blinking you are describing is due to one of two things:
  1. The element doesn't load immediately so once it does load, it is added to the screen, which is a little distracting.
  2. When the element first loads, it is a much darker color, and then we lighten it after the fact using code on our website so that it's less distracting. Otherwise, it would be even more of an eye sore. This color lightening (Changing from dark to light) is a little distracting.

We need to have that there because it's the way we want members to contact customer support. When they send direct messages to mods, their messages can get lost, only one mod can reply rather than the first available (Which causes slower response times/support), etc.

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to make it less distracting yet but if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with us.

Is it most distracting to you on mobile or desktop?

Thanks for your help,

•••
upload_2018-2-27_13-6-16.png

•••
•••
•••
We've updated this feature to make it:
  1. Smaller
  2. Clearer that it is for customer support
  3. Less distracting
  4. Blink less
  5. Fit the theme and design better
We hope that helps!

•••
Thanks. It looks good now (I don't think I have ever been here on anything but a Windows laptop).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back