Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

j.sats

Founder of Naming.MediaEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Everyone

I always wanted to do more outbound sales for my names but I had yet to get a professional email.

I did that last week and have been working on the website too.

It would be great to get your feedback on the site and how you think it comes across. Be as constructively critical as you like ;)

You can find me at www (dot) naming (dot) media

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first couple tries I typed in Name.media.com and then Naming.media.com but eventually I got to the site. The design is nice. I would suggest pushing the .COM domains to the top portion of the site as those will garner more interest. Most end users are not interested in new TLDs so seeing a portfolio full of new TLDs will be a natural turnoff just like a portfolio full of .biz or .info. Without getting into a debate of new TLDs, you might want to acquire another name for the site such as a brandable .COM or even a .domains domain (Naming.media does not resonate as a domain portfolio site as I do not like the "ing" ) In the US I believe the correct spelling is "installment" Best wishes.

•••
I would suggest pushing the .COM domains to the top portion of the site as those will garner more interest.
Thanks for this suggestion :)
In the US I believe the correct spelling is "installment"
There's always a debate about whether you use the US or UK spelling. Living in London I tend to the latter but I did think about which one to use :)

Thank you for taking the time to respond @garptrader much appreciated!

•••
Wonderful design and also liked the idea of leasing/JV etc. I did not like the quality of domains.

I failed to understand your fascination with .guide etc.

Anyway, good luck.

•••
Wonderful design and also liked the idea of leasing/JV etc. I did not like the quality of domains.
Thanks @nvdomains :)
I failed to understand your fascination with .guide etc.
I like .guide domains as they lend themselves perfectly to a business. I believe some strings of the new endings, .guide being one of the first that I have invested in.

•••
I have a bunch of really solid dot co domains and noticed you talking about yours so was curious. I checked out the site earlier and it looked pretty good! :)

What did you use to make it?

More importantly .. why aren't your co's up there? lol

•••
That looks like a nice use of Word Press. Using Word Press gives you the chance to wrap a lot more chat around the domain name listing, and that can't be bad for sales.

One minor niggle was the grey box for linking to the name. I found that annoying. I find that a standard anchor tag with a colour change is much more restful and easier to use.

I'm starting to create mini-sites for the names, and I hope to gain some revenue from these whist I am waiting for a name to sell. If this works, then I can afford to wait a few years for the right sale.

ps. please continue to use correct English, the US subset makes it harder for those of us with a broader vocabulary to read text quickly.

•••
Nice layout and design mate. I like the uncluttered look and feel of the site as well.

Been a while since I saw a site with the traditional left hand side menu, nice job!

What WP theme are u using?

•••
•••
An overall modern and moderately sophisticated website, obviously the result of a concerted and well planned design effort.

The site appears contemporary and should appeal to serious established firms seeking to brand or
re-brand or perhaps to firms beginning their funded start-ups.

Agree with " 2 Ls" in installment - the single " L" is a visual stumbling block for me although do note,
I'm not in your geo nor your potential customer base.

There are phrases on a few images that to me were a bit difficult to read - the font color was too soft to read and flow easily, just an opinion.

I liked your client list although it took me a few tries to uncover the list of firms, believe they were cited near the bottom of development section.

Very nice website!

•••
I think you will get a 10 on design. First impression is always important, that is what makes the user stick to the site. Business side is equally more important. Many considerations go into such. What kind of names you want to market, what your model is, what your overall strategy is for making the site profitable. We just launched our site - it really took us more than a year to get to what we wanted.

Lot of things will evolve over time, believe in your model, other people's feedback is important, but your own belief is more important.

Best.

•••
I like the design but I would prefer to deal with only .coms.

Good luck though.

•••
Nice and clean design! Good luck :xf.smile:

•••
I have a bunch of really solid dot co domains and noticed you talking about yours so was curious. I checked out the site earlier and it looked pretty good! :)
Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I appreciate the feedback.
What did you use to make it?
I used wordpress and the 'avada' theme. I found it to be very customisable and easy to get to grips with. They have good support too which I've found invaluable!
More importantly .. why aren't your co's up there? lol
lol! They were they for a time being. I bought too many to spend the time explaining each one (even though I've tried to minimise the amount of work I need to do to each page to make it unique to the name) plus I tried a new tactic that Ali Zandi suggested once about having them all as Afternic pages so they could get in front of more buyer pathways. When they were on my site I was reaching out to end users with little luck. When they were as Afternic pages I made a couple of sales. It's all a bit experimental as I'm now reaching out to end users again!

•••
That looks like a nice use of Word Press. Using Word Press gives you the chance to wrap a lot more chat around the domain name listing, and that can't be bad for sales.
Thanks for commenting! I like the ability to edit as I wish. I'd actually like some logos for the names as I feel that may help them sell. It's a bit of work/time/money but I do wonder about the impact.
One minor niggle was the grey box for linking to the name. I found that annoying. I find that a standard anchor tag with a colour change is much more restful and easier to use.
not sure what you mean about the grey box. There's a green box that highlights over the name in the portfolio of names section- is that what you mean?
I'm starting to create mini-sites for the names, and I hope to gain some revenue from these whist I am waiting for a name to sell. If this works, then I can afford to wait a few years for the right sale.
Im no expert but I think this might be difficult to do. I read the general consensus is that mini-sites are not good at producing revenue. Don't let me stop you though! Good luck :)
ps. please continue to use correct English, the US subset makes it harder for those of us with a broader vocabulary to read text quickly.
I only choose the English version because it's what I learned as I grew up. Interestingly though I've got information about the dollar renewal cost!

Nice layout and design mate. I like the uncluttered look and feel of the site as well.

Been a while since I saw a site with the traditional left hand side menu, nice job!

What WP theme are u using?
Thank you! I used the avada theme. I actually had the menu at the top for a while but it just wasn't looking right! A left hand menu suddenly made the whole site feel nicer- weird how that works!

You have a nice website design
Thanks Steven :)

An overall modern and moderately sophisticated website, obviously the result of a concerted and well planned design effort.

The site appears contemporary and should appeal to serious established firms seeking to brand or
re-brand or perhaps to firms beginning their funded start-ups.

Agree with " 2 Ls" in installment - the single " L" is a visual stumbling block for me although do note,
I'm not in your geo nor your potential customer base.

There are phrases on a few images that to me were a bit difficult to read - the font color was too soft to read and flow easily, just an opinion.

I liked your client list although it took me a few tries to uncover the list of firms, believe they were cited near the bottom of development section.

Very nice website!
Thanks for the detailed response :) Appreciate it. I'm going to investigate some of your sticking points to see if they might need altering.

I think you will get a 10 on design. First impression is always important, that is what makes the user stick to the site. Business side is equally more important. Many considerations go into such. What kind of names you want to market, what your model is, what your overall strategy is for making the site profitable. We just launched our site - it really took us more than a year to get to what we wanted.

Lot of things will evolve over time, believe in your model, other people's feedback is important, but your own belief is more important.

Best.
Thanks for the advice. I see the whole thing as a learning experiment and naturally will hope to also evolve over time. One thing I'd like to do is lower my portfolio volume and upgrade my names.

I like the design but I would prefer to deal with only .coms.

Good luck though.
Thanks :) Apart from my business name, I've only invested in .guide which I think has good commercial value in todays information economy. Time will tell though so I put more money into .com currently. I've made plenty of mistakes though with a wide range of tlds!

Nice and clean design! Good luck :xf.smile:
Thank you!

•••
Looks very professional. There are only a handful of domain portfolios out there that I like, and now yours is one of them.

•••
Looks very professional. There are only a handful of domain portfolios out there that I like, and now yours is one of them.
Thank you for that! Interested to know which other portfolio sites you like too?

•••
I like fancy///domains domain///name///mart///com's website with the old logo neptuni///com's old website starters///market///com's old website media///plow///com's old pastel website and now naming///media :)

I don't know why they take down those beautiful websites.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back