Dynadot

Favorite fonts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to know what fonts you like to use while desigining. I hate good looking fonts that are pixely once you make them a decent size. Is there any workaround for this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Myriad Pro - as someone said earlier.
The light version is awesome and looks great in combination with the regular or semibold version. I use it frequently when i design.
Another font i've recently come to love is Chaparral Pro. It's a Roman type font that also looks modern and clean.

What a first post, haha.

•••
tubbyman20 said:
Myriad Pro - as someone said earlier.
The light version is awesome and looks great in combination with the regular or semibold version. I use it frequently when i design.
Another font i've recently come to love is Chaparral Pro. It's a Roman type font that also looks modern and clean.

What a first post, haha.
Welcome! :)

I've used Myriad Pro before, and it is a very nice font. It's clean, stylish, and easy to read.

Chaparral Pro doesn't look bad, either. :gl:

•••
•••
the font i like the most is blood.
its really nice and melting type font.
:)

•••
Arial seems to end up being my favorite although Tahoma is probably tied with it now. I also like Verdana and Trebuchet. That's pretty much my range of fonts. I just don't think Times looks so hot on the website. Perhaps only for a certain small number of niche site designs.

•••
•••
papyrus

no, but seriously, comic sans MS

•••
For some reason mine varies depending on what im using it for. I have a thing for verdana on things like TOS' etc but for general content im a huge fan of arial.

Maybe im just weird.

•••
I was just about to ask the same question as the web pages I create at home look really nice and are in good proportion/depth of colour when viewed on my (Mac) web browser, yet the same pages displayed on my work computer (PC) don’t appear half as smooth..!

Reckon am going to amend fonts and play safe with Verdana ..
J

•••
Well I couldn't figure out why even my favorite font, Helvetica, looked like complete garbage when I would enlarge it. I was angry that a paid font looked so smooth in the preview but pixely in photoshop, and I realized taht I had the font smoothing turned off. Ouch.
And Eggspit, do you use the same browser on your PC and Mac?

•••
i like danube, which is a very out there font, most dont like it

•••
Lithium said:
And Eggspit, do you use the same browser on your PC and Mac?

Nope., on the Mac I use ‘Safari’ and the Pc is ‘Explorer’ which I guess is why there are visual differences (coupled with different screen resolutions) ..!

Egg

Last edited:
•••
simplyg123 said:
i like danube, which is a very out there font, most dont like it
Err nice, but how can you use that in page design?

•••
i wouldnt use it for normal text, only logos

•••
I use 2 fonts: 1 is verdana for the main text. Usually size 12px. The other font is a "design" one .. I use it in images, menus, logo and it depends on the site design.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back