Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

NetSol - Network Solutions

votes
    0.0%

Impact
Another thread asking about this, I figure let's finally poll it. I remember looking for something like this years ago here and was surprised one didn't exist, since it's a topic that gets brought up from time to time. I picked 20 (19)* domain registrars, all the ones mentioned in the recent thread plus a few others. If your favorite isn't listed, post it in the thread and I'll see if I can add it to the poll. You can pick up to 3 of your favorite, just 1 if you want. I still think Namepros should have a Best Of The Year series :)

*there is currently a 20 choice limit with polls, but NP can add more if needed. In case I missed some obvious ones.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a good idea for a poll.
Some registrars will 'love' it, others will 'hate' it.
We will see, many votes will come in I think.

Last edited:
•••
That's a good idea for a poll.
Some registrars will 'love' it, others will 'hate' it.
We will see, many votes will come in I think.
No kidding...

•••
Some time ago I would say Namecheap - but with their horrid redesigned panel I cringe every time I have to modify my domains, especially in bulk.
Truly horrible experience.
I'm too lazy to write down all the things that are wrong with it - it would be a loooooong list.

My favorite - namesilo.

As for adding 1and1 - I didn't know it's already April Fool's Day.

•••
Best Of The Year series would definitely be useful.

•••
Best of the year series is a fun idea!

•••
List of the best Registrars:
1 GoDaddy
2 Namecheap
3 name.com
4 domain.com

•••
Where is InternetBS? Where is DomainMonster? And why 1&1 and Moniker are there? :ahhh:

•••
Where is InternetBS? Where is DomainMonster? And why 1&1 and Moniker are there? :ahhh:

Will try to get those added to the poll. If you don't see your favorite, post in thread and we'll see if we can add them, then you can come back and vote for them. As to why the others were added, somebody mentioned them in some thread, talked about that in post 1. 1&1, never used them, heard nothing but bad things about them, but somebody liked them in some thread, could be some employee for all I know. Poll should bear that out.

Have about 22 votes so far, some countries are in Sleepy Time mode, so some might be more popular in other countries.

But so far, the 4 most popular
GoDaddy
Dynadot
NameSilo
Uniregistry

I use GD, never had issues, have good Rep but it's always good to have a backup plan. So was always curious which ones were the better ones. Right now have domains at 22 different Registrars because of winning them at Snap or NJ and those domains moving over.

•••
for me ,the namecheap and dynadot .in the past ,i always use the godday,but their price is very higher than others,so i dislike godday.

comparing with lists in the poll,i think the west.cn is much better than all of them.

•••
Happy to see Dynadot getting lots of love! I've used and recommended them for years, but it always seemed like they didn't get much attention in the domaining community, but I guess that's changed.

•••
•••
I'm surprised to see Dynadot in 2nd place. Why do people like them?

•••
I only ever use NameSilo, can't fault them - Cheap/Free privacy/domain defender/2 factor authy/good landing page for selling domains and great customer service.

•••
Id go with Godaddy and then name cheap

•••
I'm surprised to see Dynadot in 2nd place. Why do people like them?

They're cheap, UI is easy and functional, 2 factor authentication, API access for everyone, great support. What's not to love?

•••
Moved most of my names from GoDaddy to Name.com. Name server changes and the like happen quickly and I can talk to someone via email or phone if I need to. Pay more for initial registrations, but renewals are mostly cheaper. Also when selling, it's not difficult to convince someone to create an account there.

•••
I only ever use NameSilo, can't fault them - Cheap/Free privacy/domain defender/2 factor authy/good landing page for selling domains and great customer service.

I think all these features are in NameBright too.. and NB is cheaper than NameSilo!
I like everything in GD except the prices, sometimes coupons help but I use them for closeouts and expiring domains only.. All my new registrations are at NameBright only! About $8.3/com reg and renewal.

•••
They're cheap, UI is easy and functional, 2 factor authentication, API access for everyone, great support. What's not to love?
Well the 2 factor authentication could be bypassed just months ago. Not tried since. UI is worse than Uniregistry's JMO.

•••
Well the 2 factor authentication could be bypassed just months ago. Not tried since. UI is worse than Uniregistry's JMO.

Have any proof of the 2FA bypass? I heard there was a potential vulnerability with certain 2FA but that would have affected more than just Dynadot, and as far as I know Dynadot was never actually proven to be vulnerable. Regardless, not even offering 2FA is much easier to bypass, and lot of registrars don't offer it, so it's still a selling point.

And we'll definitely have to agree to disagree on the UI. I think it's fast, easy to navigate, has lots of features, and works great for bulk domain updates. I've never used Uniregistry so I can't comment on the comparison.

•••
Some time ago I would say Namecheap - but with their horrid redesigned panel I cringe every time I have to modify my domains, especially in bulk. Truly horrible experience.

Horrible experience? You make it sound like a walk in the park. It was possibly the worst decision they EVER made and I am sure are regretting. A very common case of fixing something that definitely was not broke and failing to communicate with customers. The last thing I would ever have complained about was the control panel, it was superb (one of the best in the industry) and they went ahead and replaced it with some kind of ready made "plug n play" crap which has less than half the functionality. Anyhow, we're with:

Name.com
Namesilo
Namecheap
Namebright
Godaddy

•••
I am use:
Internet.bs
Gandi
Namesilo
Uniregistry

•••
Looks like 72 votes in so far.

GD with the clear lead with 32.

Dynadot and Namesilo fighting it out for second place each with 22 votes.

The picture of the top 3 is becoming pretty clear.

•••
•••
if you're a domainer and not using Uniregistry.com today, I honestly think you're missing out on the best complete experience that exists at a domain registrar, o that may ever exist (as things will get harder in the years ahead for other registrars).

Depends what you are looking for. Dynadot is a good registrar and offers great bulk pricing. I prefer Name because of the UI and keep developed names there.

DomainNameSales is only for people with lots of premium names. Uniregistry pushes a lot of new extensions which is surprising considering how many premiums NameAdmin owns. Of course NorthSoundNames owns all the good .LINK domains, except Blockchain.link! Imo perfect use for the extension. :)

Is the Uniregistry Market open to anyone with names at your registrar Frank? What features do customers find beneficial?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back