IT.COM

Fasthosts $1 Special for .com Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Just discovered that new .com registrations at FastHosts are around a dollar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yep. push.

haven't had any tansfers to/from them

edit
maybe my terminology is off, but to me there are:
push incoming/outgoing
transfers incoming/outgoing
Yes we are asking about transfers out/away from Fasthosts. Not pushes to another Fasthosts account.

•••
Yes we are asking about transfers out/away from Fasthosts. Not pushes to another Fasthosts account.

no probs with transfer away.

•••
They're asking for a passport or drivers' license and 2 billing statements.

That's too much hassle for opening an account. My bank is more lenient than that.

•••
They're asking for a passport or drivers' license and 2 billing statements.
That's too much hassle for opening an account. My bank is more lenient than that.
Interesting. Unusual. Where are you from? Philippines, really? Have they called you at a PH phone number?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting. Unusual. Where are you from? Philippines, really? Have they called you at a PH phone number?
Yes, from the Philippines. They never called. Just sent an email asking for those documents.

I can understand asking for 1 document, but 3?

•••
•••
I tried to open an account, I regged a domain but I can get on my panel account.
I got the access keys but they redirect me to the home page.

Anyone?

•••
I tried to open an account, I regged a domain but I can get on my panel account.
I got the access keys but they redirect me to the home page.

Anyone?

You can't access your account or have your domain unless they approve you.

They said I would receive a call.

I never got it.

I called the next day and they asked me to verify some info about the reg and then I was approved.

Shortly after I was able to get into my account and see my domain.

•••
You can't access your account or have your domain unless they approve you.

They said I would receive a call.

I never got it.

I called the next day and they asked me to verify some info about the reg and then I was approved.

Shortly after I was able to get into my account and see my domain.

Thanks for taking your time

•••
I received an e-mail where I'm asked to provide

- My ID/Passport
- My Driver License
- A bill with my name on it
- Utility bill (Gas, Electricity, Water)
- Bank statement - showing your name and address (please remove any transaction/account information)
- Credit card statement - showing your name and address (please remove any transaction/account information
- A Picture of my Grandma when she was young
- A Picture of my dog
- A Picture of my gardener

For a bunch of domains...no Thanks

•••
Yeah I am still waiting for the first call from them even. Not impressed when dotster whos tech support I can barely understand even handles things alot better.

•••
•••

- My ID/Passport
- My Driver License
- Bank statement - showing your name and address (please remove any transaction/account information)
- Credit card statement - showing your name and address (please remove any transaction/account information
- A Picture of my dog

Strange!

Could be that they are forced by anti-laundering or some other rules for people outside Europe?

This procedure is pretty much banking standard.

For domains I wonder if it adds to safety or it just complicates things.

•••
Could be that they are forced by anti-laundering or some other rules for people outside Europe?

I'm from Italy

•••
I decided to try them out when they had the sale for the dot coms.

I did not reg a bunch of domains.

I wanted to test them out first.

I am glad I did.

Too much BS to deal with.

They did not ask me for all this stuff--

- My ID/Passport
- My Driver License
- A Picture of my dog

They justed asked me to verify the domain contact info, that was all.

Still, I will not reg with them anymore.

I will try and transfer out when the 60 lock is over, if I can.

I hope I don't have trouble doing this.

I expect I could though, after reading this thread.

•••

- My ID/Passport
- My Driver License
- A Picture of my dog
Ignore the email, as you seem to plan on doing anyway, get hold of support (on chat or phone) during working hours in UK. Ask about the call you've never received. Don't complain, easy going like. They will probably call you right back, ask a few questions, verify your account and register the domain(s) you'd ordered in a few minutes. In my case, it'd taken 3 attempts to get through on their chat. After that, smooth sailing (knock on wood) (y)

BTW:
- I'm from Hong Kong
- registered 100's of domains with them
- sold and pushed domains between accounts, twice if memory serves (there's a button for that in their admin panel)

Last edited:
•••
Yes, from the Philippines. They never called. Just sent an email asking for those documents.

I can understand asking for 1 document, but 3?
See my suggestions posted above. Good luck :xf.smile:

•••
I just took pictures with my cellphone see how it goes.

•••
I have regged about 65 names with them. Also bought one from a NP member here and the push was fast and easy.
Never had any verification issues, just opened the account and that was it (I'm from the UK).

FastHosts is a pretty well established web hosting company so I don't think they just take your domains away whenever they want. They're also a Tucows reseller and Tucows appears in your whois as the registrar.

•••
I have regged about 65 names with them. Also bought one from a NP member here and the push was fast and easy.
Never had any verification issues, just opened the account and that was it (I'm from the UK).

FastHosts is a pretty well established web hosting company so I don't think they just take your domains away whenever they want. They're also a Tucows reseller and Tucows appears in your whois as the registrar.

Is there a limit to the amount of domains you can register with them at once?

•••
Is there a limit to the amount of domains you can register with them at once?

I really have no idea. You can search for up to 50 names in bulk using their advanced search tool but not sure if you can actually register 50 names at once.

The most I have regged at once was 7 or 8 if I remember well...

•••
Been reggin' names @ FastHosts since September without issues. The interface is OK, even renewals are tolerable @ ~$11 (if I remember correctly). Like the fact that the names are with Tucows which automatically activates Afnic premium DLS when a domain is listed on Afternic.

•••
•••
Been reggin' names @ FastHosts since September without issues. The interface is OK, even renewals are tolerable @ ~$11 (if I remember correctly). Like the fact that the names are with Tucows which automatically activates Afnic premium DLS when a domain is listed on Afternic.
Really? Are they part of the afternic fast transfer program?

That would be very good news.

•••
Tucows as their back-end registrar is and thus they, FastHosts, are too. Any FastHosts .COM name you list with a BIN on Afternic is automatically and instantly part of Afternic Premium distribution.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back