Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mole

Insectivora MemberEstablished Member
Impact
Anyone tried this? Does it work well?

link removed; see my post below - armstrong

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Grrilla said:
"If someone will buy it, someone will sell it."

~ Nexus

•••
Grrilla said:
It puts your message right on the users desktop! SPAM FREE! [Name withheld again] comes with a Huge Global database of IP addresses that covers more than 90% of the internet.

I thought Mikerowsoft has patched this network broadcast flaw in their OS?

•••
mole said:

Largely, yes. But not everyone upgrades, and psp2 actually f's up a lot, so many folks stay away by choice.

-Allan

•••
mole said:
Some people refuse to upgrade/get patches. Or when you do a clean install of 2k/nt you'll get the messages before patching.

oops beat me to the punch ;p

•••
•••
If my conversion rates become unprofitable, I'll pull the plug on Adwords. So far they are doing fine. I think that click fraud will not be a problem for long. One thing that Google has the capability to do, is monitor the number of conversions for an Adsense Publisher. If you run a click bot, your conversion rate will be well below normal. If this continues, then you might get kicked off of the Adsense program for lack of performance.

•••
billinchina said:
If my conversion rates become unprofitable, I'll pull the plug on Adwords. So far they are doing fine. I think that click fraud will not be a problem for long. One thing that Google has the capability to do, is monitor the number of conversions for an Adsense Publisher. If you run a click bot, your conversion rate will be well below normal. If this continues, then you might get kicked off of the Adsense program for lack of performance.

Not really, couple the two programs together and you have high hits and high clicks for a fine CTR... What's more, I've never actually known anyone to get kicked off of adsense for having too low of a CTR,but instead too high of a CTR (Usually means cheating or the phrase "Please click our ads").

-Allan

•••
These scripts are whack. It's about working hard on your site, I just started a site I'm geting like 200 hits a day so far, not going to bad, then I'll be able to start some advertising.

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Not really, couple the two programs together and you have high hits and high clicks for a fine CTR... What's more, I've never actually known anyone to get kicked off of adsense for having too low of a CTR,but instead too high of a CTR (Usually means cheating or the phrase "Please click our ads").

I was not talking about CTR (click through rate), I was talking about conversion rates. Advertisers can include google code on the final page of their checkout process which allows them to see how many sales result from Adsense clicks. This service is provided by both Adsense and Overture. Not all advertisers use conversion tracking, but enough probably do so Google can detect when an advertisers network is getting clicks with no conversions based on statistical modelling.

Basically the only way to fight it, would be to click on some of the ads and purchase the things from their sites (and do it enough that you manage to buy from advertisers that use google conversion tracking code). That would eat into their unethical profits.

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Beware of ANY application that claims to increase or boost your alexa rank. It is, for a fact, IMPOSSIBLE.

Actually, that is completely false. If I know what program you guys are talking about, it does increase your Alexa rank, but you must constantly weed out the bad proxies and refresh with new ones. I know for a fact because I followed a thread on a forum (I believe it ws the OScomerce forum) and some guy bought it just to prove to everyone that it would not work anyway. Muchj to everyone's surprise, it did in fact work. His site went from 4mil to just over 100K within a month and a half. OSC revampled and archived their forum lately so I am not sure if the thread still exists or is able to be searched for, but if I find it, I'll post it here.

Although Alexa can be good to use just to get a ballpark of how much traffic a site gets, it is by no means as perfect as by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, my Alexa rank jumps up from 5M to mid XXX,XXX just from me alone constantly visiting my own site while I am developing it.

It does not surprise me that Alexa is not that fool proof. I sell used books on Amazon. You see, amazon is a very disorganised company with very little know how in the way of sever maintenance and online applications. I don't even know how they have gotten as far as they have. Their marketplace is so messed up and sellers who used to do well have been complaining about it for the last 3 years. Amazon refuses to fix it's problems and sellers are leaving in droves now as 3 years is all they can take. As time goes by, things get worse.

So, my point is do not be surprised that Alexa, an Amazon company, is so easy to manipulate. If you ever sold on their marketplace lately, you'd know what I mean b y ho wmessed up it is (it used to literally be a goldmine for book and media sellers prior to 3 years ago).

Also, the comment about getting clicks on your adsense ads or sedo parked page ads is not accurate either because the software mereley visits a specific page that you specify. You cannot program it to go to a page, find an ad (or any hyperlink for that matter) and click on it. It simply cannot do that. The only way it will visit the link is if you specifically tell it to visit that URL, which for AdSense will never register because Google has measures in place to recognize bot clicking. I don;t know about sedo, though, but still, it would be impossible to do even with the appropriate bot. Besides, it is against the law to steal click money like that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58268-2005Apr16.html

I am in no way defending this program or saying anyone should use it. In fact, i would save your money if I wre you becasue think about it. So let's say you get a software to increase your alexa rank and it does just that. What are you gonna do, turn around and sell it based on it's Alexa rank? Well, maybe you can to a sucker, but what are you gonna say when the buyer comes back to you a week or so later wondering why the traffic has just stopped and then months later when the Alexa rank starts to drop to the millions again? It is unethical and will get you in trouble somewhere along the line becasue you are basically commiting fraud by saying that your site gets visitors when in fact they are fake visits and therefore worthless (and you kno w it because you are the one generating htese worthless hits/visits). The program itself works but the results you a get are worthless to anyone.

Similar results can also be had by these "companies" that sell you "tageted traffic". One place the comes to mind that I have used before is http://www.EasySiteHits.com. The only thing that traffic is good for is increasing Alexa rank and eating up bandwidth. They claim that the traffic is from expired domains, but very little if any of your visitors will be from expired domains.

I know for a fact that it is worthlss traffic because I bought it for a website that converts at a 2.2+% or so rate with PPC advertising. With 10K or 20K (can;t remember what I bought) "targeted visitors" from EasySiteHits.com I made ZERO sales. Now, even if the traffic is not as targeted as PPC traffic, which even if it was legot traffic, it still would never be, you'd think that I woul dhave made at least one sale. On 10K visits, that would be a .01% conversion which is terrible and on 20K, 1 sale would be even worse, a .0005% conversion. But I did not even get that. So what does that tell me?

If it does not tell you that it is fake/uiseless traffic, it should at least tell you that it's conversion rate is so low that it is not worth the time or the money. The only thing it's good for is increasing the Alexa rank and what good is that? You cannot even fake people out with it. In your web stats, you do not see all the different IPs that they sent to your site. You merely see one IP address that they use to funnel all the traffic to your site. The only way you can see all the IPs that have been sent to your site is to check your account page with them (whish is worthless too). It does increase the # of uniques in your stats, but the IPs just are not there to back it up which will be a dead giveaway to an experienced person that you purchased worthless "traffic". So then you end up looking like the crook you are.

These companies can get away with selling this crappy traffic because they hide behind the "we canot guarantee sales from the traffic we send you as that is dependent on your and your websites ability to convert. Well, I have a site that is a proven converter. So if in fact they send you "targeted" traffic, then it should convert even if only 1/25 of hte conversion you get from highly targeted traffic like PPC traffic. No dice, though.

That "software that shall not be named" is worthless and so are these "targeted traffic" brokers and the "traffic" they pedal. Don't even bother with either of them. Buy a few decent domains instead or just keep the money in your pocket.

Last edited:
•••
easiest way to fool Alexa:

Put an auto refresh script for every 15-30 seconds or so, leave your PC on over night. You'll be in the 30-40K range within a week.

•••
zquest
Great post!

Lee Ryder, for you, not too bad . :hehe:
(Just joshin' yuh, LeRy)

•••
mole said:
Anyone tried this? Does it work well?

link removed; see my post below - armstrong

And I have to say, I'm baffled. Mole, were you really thinking of using fake hits on a domain of your own? What would posess you to want that or even think it might be of some worth. I can understand a newber asking about this, but definitely not you. From the posts i read of yours, you know what you are doing. You don't need to fake your sites traffic, you'll only tarnish your reputation.

PS. Why Alexa allows that person to sell that software with their TM is beyond me, but then, I told you how half-arsed Amazon is so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, aye. :]

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
And from the FAQ:
WILL YOUR SUITE OF APPLICATIONS INCREASE BOOST MY ALEXA RANKING?
Our software was NOT designed to increase your alexa ranking or be any type of alexa booster. Currently there is NO software available to boost your alexa ranking. There IS software that calims to do this, but it is IMPOSSIBLE. Alexa data servers change every day and there is no post commant to submit a value through its XML feed (Used by the toolbar). Beware of ANY application that claims to increase or boost your alexa rank. It is, for a fact, IMPOSSIBLE. -Allan
If you wanna boost Alexa ranking, just open your IE with Alexabar installed, and hit 500 times reload ;)

IMO - For what should be fake traffic good for ? Sales ? Reselling value ?
All bullshit :sick:

Last edited:
•••
Besides often being inaccurate, it appears that the Alexa ranking is just another oppurtunity for scammers to bend the rules to gain an advantage of the unwary. However, the reason I unloaded the Alexa toolbar, was because it is embedded w/ spyware, albeit, of the benign nature.

•••
actually alexa only counts each page once per day...

now if you got a script that called itself with ?newpage=5345345 etc. that would be listed as a seperate page and SHOULD list as a hit with alexa...

--Tone

•••
valuehosted said:
actually alexa only counts each page once per day...Tone
I think this is not corecct.
Alexa counts each reload.

PS:
IMO Alexa stats are only good to identify LOW traffic sites ;)

•••
http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/traffic_learn_more.html

What are Page Views?
Page views measure the number of pages viewed by Alexa Toolbar users. Multiple page views of the same page made by the same user on the same day are counted only once. The page views per user numbers are the average numbers of unique pages viewed per user per day by the users visiting the site. The page view rank is a ranking of all sites based solely on the total number of page views (not page views per user). The three-month changes are determined by comparing a site's current page view numbers with those from three month ago.

--Tone

•••
valuehosted said:

Correct, thats written
but just try it with a reload on one of your (hopefully not existing) low traffic domains e.g Alexa 1.600.000.
During 2 days you can make this with some manually reloads in IE go to under 900.000 easy.

But anyway, I posted my oppinion to fake traffic before...

•••
mole said:
If you think fake traffic was bad, wait till you see scripts that click your PPC links automatically D-:

Companies like clicklab.com are sprouting to cater to the growing market for antidotes to these scams. I think they offer affiliate opportunites.

Ahh, you create a virus, you sell a virus scan. And the world economy goes round and round and round ....
And the "TRUTH" shall set you free.
Florida Oranges to California ~ California Oranges to Florida​

Pay attention people, this is BIG GAME HUNTING.... and that will always attract poachers.

Mole, you got the sharpest knife in the 'hood, and brother, it cuts DEEP.
Thanks for keeping it pointed in the right direction. :kickass:
kid5150

•••
mole said:
If you think fake traffic was bad, wait till you see scripts that click your PPC links automatically D-:

Companies like clicklab.com are sprouting to cater to the growing market for antidotes to these scams. I think they offer affiliate opportunites.

Ahh, you create a virus, you sell a virus scan. And the world economy goes round and round and round ....

nice point...
there are a lot of money in game..... so goes round and round

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back