Dynadot

available Fake PR guide

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

B33R

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
After seeing more and more available lists containing domains with fake pagerank (PR), I decided to make this post to help you spot and avoid domains with fake PR.

What is fake PR?
Fake PR is achieved by using a 301 or 302 redirect to point one site to another site with a higher pagerank.

How can I check for fake PR?
You can use the fake PR check tool here.

All you need to do is compare the URL you submitted to the results. If the domain name you entered has fake PR, the results will show a different domain name to the one you submitted.

Inconclusive results?
If it returns "Sorry, we cant verify the pagerank for this page", then Google is unable to determine whether the PR is fake or not.

If this is the case then you can use archive.org's WayBack Machine to view old versions of a site to see whether or not a redirect was being used when the page was archived.

Archive.org
If you use archive.org to view the site's history and the address in the URL changes when you click to view a result, then the domain was being redirected on that date.

Example:
hmdonl.com on February 11th 2005.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050211221142/http://www.hmdonl.com/

In this example the end of that URL changes to another domain name, meaning that on the date the site was archived the domain was being redirected. A good indicator of fake PR.

Are the results 100% conclusive?
There is a chance that the results are not correct.
The fake PR checker uses Google results so if the domain's redirect has been removed and the results are updated on Google, the fake PR checker won't see the previous redirect. That won't happen overnight though.

Archive.org has no recent archives, they're usually at least a year old, so they won't show the most recent redirects. Also there is a chance that the domain could have been used legitimately after it was archived, so don't go back to results from 1999 and expect them to be relevant.

Used in combination though, they're very good at helping you spot fake PR.

Just remember: never buy/reg a domain solely for the PR and if it looks too good to be true (like an unregged PR5) then it usually is! :)

I hope this helps you avoid domains with fake PR!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ILU said:
What I mean is I want that SEOlogs should show PR0 - How to do that ?
Do nameserver changes will help ?
Yes, changing dns would reset the PR to zero, considering nothing else is done.

You just have to wait for the next Google PR update in about two months.

•••
WOW ...thanks ....this is an interesting thread that I have read

•••
YesBrilliant said:
Yes, changing dns would reset the PR to zero, considering nothing else is done.

You just have to wait for the next Google PR update in about two months.

So by changing the DNS of a domain name, from one host to another for example, the PR will automatically reset to zero at the next google dance ?? :|

•••
Changing DNS resets the redirection of the fakke PR, so G will not count it anymore.

•••
Thanks very much Yesbrilliant - you are really brilliant.

I think I am at lost, bought it considering PR5 - long domain ...
I think its no use as its long and PR0 :( resources4humans.com
Anybody interested :p

•••
When the fake pagerank returns "error" what it means?
That he can't get PR for sure or probably the PR is 0?
Someone know why it return "error"?

•••
Without knowing Which error that is, then it's not possible to tell.

That may be a temporary error, what may be corrected by the next update.

The domain can have a PR (any number, including 0 zero) so it is indexed ok or, get a gray bar in the Google bar, meaning the domain is banned from Google.

So, try again or wait for the next update but taking the meantime to make any improvements you can.

•••
YesBrilliant said:
Without knowing Which error that is, then it's not possible to tell.

It says
Code:
Submitted URL
You entered the url: xxx.xxx

Sorry, we cant verify the pagerank for this page.

This probably means that the specific url is not in the Google index on the data center we checked.

You may still be able to validate this url by trying other Data Centers. Click the link to try. Click Here

•••
Seems to be the result page for SEOlogs. It just means that the domain is currently Not in the Google index anymore, probably because the domain dropped and Google deletes them from their index, automatically.

It is not a big problem, with no special circunstances (like blacklisted, check domaintools.com) just re-install the site with same/similar pages and, considering the backilnks remain, then the PR returns in the next update.

You can find an aticle of mine right here at NP on How to Restore PR.

•••
YesBrilliant said:
Changing DNS resets the redirection of the fakke PR, so G will not count it anymore.

I changed the DNS, Build a new site, but still checkpagerank.net and seologs tools showing fake PR5
:td:

I want them to show real PR0

•••
ILU said:
I changed the DNS, Build a new site, but still checkpagerank.net and seologs tools showing fake PR5

Some times I get the same incorrect results at that same sites, too.

Don't let you be mistaken by some tools or results, some times they are simply wrong, for example saving old results in their cache.

The only sure way is to check it via the Google tool bar. I have another article about it too, but I have to find it.

BTW, sending you a PM.

•••
YesBrilliant said:
You can find an aticle of mine right here at NP on How to Restore PR.

Could you please direct link it ? ;)

•••
ric_bia said:
Could you please direct link it ? ;)
Yes, no problem but will take some time...

I'll be back.

:)

•••
PM sent YesBrilliant, Please check my querry :(

•••
PM received and replied.

Thanks!

:)

•••
that tool only check on 1 server try livepr.raketforskning.com/ to check on all the google servers

•••
ILU said:

Google update every 3 months. So, just wait.

•••
feel sorry for u m8
will be careful///

•••
•••
Very Useful. Great Post. Thanks

•••
A very nice post Rob! :) Thanks! Anyway, I also use SEO logs to verify the validity of a domain's PR.

--Joe

•••
Thanks .. MUCH Appreciated!! :)

•••
So I am happy now..

I removed the redirection, changed the host/DNS..

So the domain became real PR0 with fake PR5 ...
But now, after google PR update, its Real PR5 :)

•••
ILU said:
So I am happy now..

I removed the redirection, changed the host/DNS..

So the domain became real PR0 with fake PR5 ...
But now, after google PR update, its Real PR5 :)
See, I was wrong or right?

:hehe:

•••
Now, some pagerank detections seem not working well. You may get error "Sorry,..." like at domainpagerank.com....

Here is alternate way to check:

1. Use any pagerank checker (incliude Google Toolbar) to check PR.
2. Use google to query: info:domain.xxx
3. If you dont see any result, this mean PR is fake or will be dropped at any time
4. If you see 1 result: Look at the domain in this result, if it different -> PR is fake (you may click cache, link, similar.... to study more, you will always see a result for another domain)

Here is example, Look at this auction at ebay
Now, use domainpagerank.com to check pagerank of Drazzib.org, you will get PR 5 and a error message.
Now, use google: info:drazzib.org, you will see where it redirect to.
---> This auction did go to >$50 with a Positive feekback. This guys has many other sales like this ---> can make good money from those "high" PR domains :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back