Dynadot

information Facing problems, everyday.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
I took a loss — a $3,000 loss. Honestly, I’m not all that mad about it. I simply chalked it up to a tuition payment to the University of Hard Knocks.

Everyday, we face problems. We must continuously work on navigating these issues.

How do we succeed when the deck is stacked? Simply put, don't play the game.

Walking away with your money isn't a loss in this business. In fact, it’s better than what the majority of people accomplish.

Stop losing. Work hard. Start winning.

Read here

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have to agree that 99% of info products are horse manure. ;)

Like any industry.... You have to pay your dues... Some times with domaining that means losing money..

•••
I have to agree that 99% of info products are horse manure. ;)

Like any industry.... You have to pay your dues... Some times with domaining that means losing money..

Unfortunately, those dues are due yearly. Yes, that pun was intended.

:D

•••
Good post and several honest truths about our business.

But, I unable to understand the title of the blog (The Real Shane)...most posts seem to be on Dicker...confusing.

•••
image.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
At this point, if people are dumb enough to still give him money....

Well, perhaps some will be "dumb enough." There's always someone from Botswana who just entered the arena blindly. The scumbag in question will probably have no compunction about taking anyone's money at this point, no matter how naive or trusting, considering his tarnished image due to his own obvious ethical shortcomings and embarrassing history, now known thanks to you. And we DO mean thanks, genuinely. The cascade of grievances about Dicker in the documented thread here at Namepros is a must-read for any newbie.

Lest anyone here think Dicker has been wronged in the subject Namepros thread, I can only emphasize that I've read enough documented history to lend credence to plenty of the allegations. Just remember, a turd (my opinion) like that should have been outed by the know-it-alls, the conference "experts," the "news journals," and other ass-kissers in the player's circle, long before simple domainers like us read about it all here, thanks to Shane. I also get the feeling the admins and mods here at Namepros learned from that thread as well. I notice they now leave it be, instead of blindly jumping to the defense of AD when negative and accusatory posts appear. Yes, I believe they also have learned a lesson or two.

•••
Well that escalated fast!
From a nice blog post about problems, etal.
To dinging on some dicker guy where there is an entire thread dinging on him already.
Can we now get back to the original intent of this thread and not talk about that dicker guy?

My little gripe about the domain industry is the guy that buys that $1 reg fee domain.
Comes on NP and brags about his domain.
And what happens?
Many people jump in and tell him he has a winner, it is a vr domain sure to make xxx,xxx in the future, blah blabh.
Or a marijuana domain or whatever the niche is.
Just feeding these people who are not really domainers but are told there is money to be made.

•••
Do not make mistakes to get success . Learn from mistakes of others you'll be more sure than before . Learn before you invest, you'll be ahead of all.

•••
Well that escalated fast! To dinging on some dicker guy where there is an entire thread dinging on him already.

Well, frankly, there's great satisfaction in watching a scoundrel get schlonged.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I found myself in a big mistake of selling a domain to a 'shady' broker, and being too greedy on the price so I quickly accepted the offer. If I read back our conversations (me and the 'shady' broker), I could have know that THEY REALLY wanted the domain pretty bad.
I agreed on 2K USD, but in fact I could ask 10x that amount.
Now the domain is in hands of one of the biggest media (TV) company in the world.
Still made a huge profit, but it was a mistake that I am not gonna make next time.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back