Dynadot

question Facebook messaged me

NameSilo
Watch

Sheries11

Established Member
Impact
Today, I received a message from Facebook legal department, regarding a domain name that I own which is like : ***ofacebook.com

They said : domain name may be infringing on a trademark for Facebook, and i should respond early for importance.
--

I believe that the domain name is *** of acebook ( acebook is not a trademark ) i replied with this part included, and I asked if they would want to buy it.

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They will be asking you to turn over the domain or get the UDRP. We are not scared we just respect trademark law unlike you.

•••
Don't need to waste anymore time with him.
Let him sell to Facebook for $1,000.

Good luck! And you do need a lot of luck!!!

Last edited:
•••
They will be asking you to turn over the domain or get the UDRP. We are not scared we just respect trademark law unlike you.

i respect trademarks and rights of others .. this domain wont make any effect when it comes to facebook

it's like 1 on a billion of an effect that can even touch facebook

•••
I'm deleting my account on NamePros ..

Thank you to the people who advised, I needed the positive comments.

People who mocked, you are all bunch of sluttys tounges. i didn't need your Negative useless comments.

•••
•••

People who mocked, you are all bunch of sluttys tounges. i didn't need your Negative useless comments.

don’t delete your account.... I want you to come back with that check and prove everyone wrong!

•••
All the members here give you the best advice. What do you mean by positive comments? Something that can be a justification for your act? No way.

In this forum if you are wrong then other members will hit you on the head and tell you "You are wrong!"
That's because we don't want something bad happen to fellow domainers. You better learn how to listen to others.

•••
All the members here give you the best advice. What do you mean by positive comments? Something that can be a justification for your act? No way.

In this forum if you are wrong then other members will hit you on the head and tell you "You are wrong!"
That's because we don't want something bad happen to fellow domainers. You better learn how to listen to others.

No one should get on his head but you .. Hush

•••
Today, I received a message from Facebook legal department, regarding a domain name that I own which is like : ***ofacebook.com

They said : domain name may be infringing on a trademark for Facebook, and i should respond early for importance.
--

I believe that the domain name is *** of acebook ( acebook is not a trademark ) i replied with this part included, and I asked if they would want to buy it.

Any thoughts?

Delete the domain, learn from your mistake & move on!

Cheers
Corey

•••
Wait are you trying to get away with it by saying it's "acebook" Lol. That's not how it works.

•••
No one should get on his head but you .. Hush
names that include famous trademarks are bad investments more often than not. It took b*lls to offer to sell it to them but if they decided to sue you, you would have to spend much more or you could lose by default and then they could collect from you. Unless you are elin musk, fb has much deeper pockets.

Why register something with so much risk?

Not a wise investment of your money.

•••
names that include famous trademarks are bad investments more often than not. It took b*lls to offer to sell it to them but if they decided to sue you, you would have to spend much more or you could lose by default and then they could collect from you. Unless you are elin musk, fb has much deeper pockets.

Why register something with so much risk?

Not a wise investment of your money.

the name is like word+of + acebook.com .. not like word + of + facebook ..
while most of the other domains which got sued are like facebook-something.com ..

However I used the domain for the purpose of ranking only, its redirecting to another website article .. i didn't ever think they will check on me .. I'm not effecting them in any way .. at all.

i don't know what will happen next. i'm not too worried like peopl here are .. my intention was very simple really .. ill just see what will happen.

I ONLY THOUGHT there could be experienced people here who had THE VERY SAME EXPERIENCE or closer to it at any time in their life ..

However the domain is hand registered for few $$

•••
Wait are you trying to get away with it by saying it's "acebook" Lol. That's not how it works.

well technically he could if he developed a brand and called AceBook...

•••
It can also be word + of + AC + eBook. So an eBook related to air conditioning. All jokes aside though... you're using Facebook's trademark. Playing coy by pretending you meant acebook is foolish. Stop trying to profit from companies' trademarks and move on. Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2019-1827

B. Identical or Confusingly Similar
The Panel finds that the disputed domain names are confusingly similar to the Complainants’ Marks.

The disputed domain names are confusingly similar the Complainants’ Marks because the disputed domain names contain the exact Mark (or the Marks altered by a single letter) preceded or followed by dictionary terms. For example, the disputed domain name <faceboopizza.com> omits the letter “k” from the Mark FACEBOOK and adds the dictionary term “pizza.”

You can't just runaway with acebook. You even have "F" behind the Acebook.
According to this case you will lose.

Stop this stupid "I'm innocent" game.

•••
the name is like word+of + acebook.com .. not like word + of + facebook ..
while most of the other domains which got sued are like facebook-something.com ..

However I used the domain for the purpose of ranking only, its redirecting to another website article .. i didn't ever think they will check on me .. I'm not effecting them in any way .. at all.

i don't know what will happen next. i'm not too worried like peopl here are .. my intention was very simple really .. ill just see what will happen.

I ONLY THOUGHT there could be experienced people here who had THE VERY SAME EXPERIENCE or closer to it at any time in their life ..

However the domain is hand registered for few $$
I got a letter twice. Once from google and once from realtor assoc. Both times i agreed to their request.

Last edited:
•••

Everyone here is to advise you, not to make mockery of you. If you do not learn from your mistakes, you will lose a lot

•••
By the way, i have names with "face". I have names with "book". But never together to form the trademark. :)

•••
I got a letter twice. Once from google and once from realtor assoc. Both times i agreed to their request.

let's say I dropped the domain, someone else later will buy it and they will track him and ask him to drop it again and sue him, and sue and sue, and sue the next one registering the domain.

is that how its gonna be !?
why don't they just buy all the domains that matter to them ?

I believe big companies shouldn't really sue or do any action unless the person is growing his business seriously large based on their name.

if I named my dog Facebook .. can they sue me ? :) lol

•••
and maybe that dog becomes very famous and gets on shows on TV .. and earns a lot of money

will they sue him ? lol :)

•••
and maybe that dog becomes very famous and gets on shows on TV .. and earns a lot of money

will they sue him ? lol :)
Well, if you drop the domain, forget about it and move on. This would probably not be the last domain you will drop.

I really don't see any reason to keep it. No big deal.

You mentioned you were using it for rankings or something. Someone probably saw it and reported it.

Anyway, you clearly have skills. I would put them towards a brand of your own.

•••
Well, if you drop the domain, forget about it and move on. This would probably not be the last domain you will drop.

I really don't see any reason to keep it. No big deal.

You mentioned you were using it for rankings or something. Someone probably saw it and reported it.

Anyway, you clearly have skills. I would put them towards a brand of your own.

Thank you, I appreciate your words, I agree its no big deal. whatever happens happens .

I never thought it could be someone who reported it.

•••
Thank you, I appreciate your words, I agree its no big deal. whatever happens happens .

I never thought it could be someone who reported it.
It usually is. FB also pays a tm team to monitor such things.

•••
When I got the letter from google, it wasn't even the domain. Believe it or not, it was the logo.

I had a busy search engine site and the logo was a similar font and rainbow color. I agreed to change the logo completely and they went away.

Funny thing is, now, about 8 years later, they have changed their logo a lot. It wouldn't even be an issue today because it is so different now. :banghead:

•••
A search engine, and a logo similar to them .. 2012 .. that cocktail may have concerned them.

Though I didn't see many people who made a search engine website .. that must be brilliant.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back