Dynadot

Facebook goes with .XYZ

NameSilo
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
xyz fb.png

http://stream.hacktv.xyz/qandawithmark-ext

Related Content: Mark Zuckerberg just used an .XYZ domain in announcement

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I see it, all it takes is one well funded startup that hits with a gtld. Imagine if the next Facebook came out now with an .xyz extension. That's game over right there. If the valley is gaga over gtlds, it seems probable that that will happen sooner than later. It seems that .com was something of a thumb sucker for the baby of the internet. This baby is getting older now and will soon step out of its .com-fort zone in order to progress and change with the times (i.e. grow up).

I think the question is less WILL it change, but rather WHEN. And in that light, it seems to me (a completely noob btw), that gtlds should be seen as a solid long term investment rather than a liquid property.

That said, is .xyz the one? Who knows? But why wouldn't you take a $.99 chance when it seems that a gtld explosions is around the corner?

I certainly would, but perhaps my perspective is silly(.xyz) <--I own that.

•••
•••
As I see it, all it takes is one well funded startup that hits with a gtld. Imagine if the next Facebook came out now with an .xyz extension.

That statement is very true BUT it can be any extension. Even one that has yet to come out.

As far as Facebook and XYZ is concerned... did Facebook come out and say anything about utilizing the extension in any one of their current or future endeavors? I didnt read anything about it.
I didnt read or hear anything about the (so called) news that Facebook was going to utilize a XYZ extension for one live video stream.

Maybe I am missing something... but it would seem to me (on face value) that this is Facebook using XYZ thing is another flub that really only made a ripple in the domain world.

Like @staringatascreen stated... it is going to take a current giant OR the next BIG THING (read Facebook/Google...etc) adoption of a nTLD to really launch this idea into the populace general consciousness.

Just my thoughts... for what they are worth.

Cheers, come back and visit

•••
+11,734 Today.
Something is happening with .xyz. Domains traffic is also increased.

•••
•••
•••
I just reg'd New.Zealand.xyz

•••
+11,734 Today.
Something is happening with .xyz. Domains traffic is also increased.

The usual. Over 70% of those regs were at Namecheap. They have them for $1 right now. The next one is onamae, I think they're cheap as well. The problem is renewal time.

•••
The usual. Over 70% of those regs were at Namecheap. They have them for $1 right now. The next one is onamae, I think they're cheap as well. The problem is renewal time.

Yeah, same as all the crappy .COM we've got. It's a bitch to pay 8-10 dollars a year for them as well ;)

•••
Yeah, same as all the crappy .COM we've got. It's a bitch to pay 8-10 dollars a year for them as well ;)

There is actually a market for .coms. Namebio only reporting 6 sales over $1,000 in over a year for .xyz. Then you have .web looming, which will make a lot of these new ones bowlegged.

•••
I have none yet. But altogether I've sold .XYZ for about $2500. It's just starting. :lookaround:

Ps. Just saw that you changed your post... Above is a response to the original one.

•••
The .xyz is good for SEO. I have seen .xyz ranking in Top 10.

•••
The .xyz is good for SEO. I have seen .xyz ranking in Top 10.
All GTLDs are good for seo if you know how to rank a website. They are all equal.

•••
Mark could have easily brought hack.tv instead, doesn't anyone feel the same?

•••
Mark could have easily brought hack.tv instead, doesn't anyone feel the same?

he could've bought the .com .net. org all of them. he's rich enough ha.

meh, if you say so.

I couldn't even give my short ones away, and these were short meaningful ones mostly 3 letters.
Eventually someone did take them, but they still let them expire.

Surprisingly, well nvm, not surprisingly, they haven't been reregged yet.

seems alot of the people defending and uptalking .xyz are the ones who rushed out and bought tons of them, and are trying to safe face, or make themselves feel better, such as this topic.

•••
•••
•••
he could've bought the .com .net. org all of them. he's rich enough ha.

I couldn't even give my short ones away, and these were short meaningful ones mostly 3 letters.
Eventually someone did take them, but they still let them expire.

Surprisingly, well nvm, not surprisingly, they haven't been reregged yet.

3-letter dictionary words??! Why don't you let us know then. I (or maybe someone else) might give you a reward if they are good!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
?? is that FB ??

Domain Name: HACKTV.XYZ
Registrant ID: CH7581-GANDI
Registrant Name: colleen henry
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: Obfuscated whois Gandi-63-65 boulevard Massena
Registrant City: Obfuscated whois Gandi-Paris
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 75013
Registrant Country: FR
Registrant Phone: +33.170377666
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +33.143730576
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
?? is that FB ??

Domain Name: HACKTV.XYZ
Registrant ID: CH7581-GANDI
Registrant Name: colleen henry
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: Obfuscated whois Gandi-63-65 boulevard Massena
Registrant City: Obfuscated whois Gandi-Paris
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 75013
Registrant Country: FR
Registrant Phone: +33.170377666
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +33.143730576
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Colleen K. Henry, Facebook
https://compression.stanford.edu/industry
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/colleen-henry/56/248/3b5

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-15-22-49-29.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-15-22-49-29.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 12
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back