Dynadot

advice Extremely Premium Dot Com Advice Needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am signing a contract to broker a certain .com domain for a friend of mine that is extremely valuable (7 figure minimum). He is not a domainer, but acquired a number of wonderful (and some not so wonderful) domains over the years.

I don't have much experience in this realm, but was curious, aside from reaching out to a few particular parties first directly to see who might be interested, where can you list or promote a domain that can easily fetch 7 figures.

Thanks!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you ''don't have much experience in this realm'' - broker is your best choice, especially if talking 7 digits figure.
But if you shoot the name, you'll get a wider range of opinions right here.

Last edited:
•••
What will the contract be like: He will sell the domain somewhere, and you will get the commission whatever the price is? ...( I made a suggestion for marketplaces a few years ago: include discount coupons which would also act as a way to track broker commissions, , noone seemed to listen, but it would make many sales happen, because everyone would try to sell someone else's domain without taking any risk. A good plan needed to avoid all possible accidents, and abuses. )

What I would do, I would list it somewhere in make offer form, and handle all negotiation in coordination with the seller, I would use his data, except email and phone and not give him the username/pw. When it looks like the sale is likely to happen, then I would swap my commission with user/pw, and also sign a contract. Any cheater would lose. (just an idea, I'm too naive in all this).

Last edited:
•••
Where do you get the 7-digits figure from?

•••
Thanks. I can't share the domain name yet, as I am waiting to finalize the contract, but trust me, after being involved in domaining since 1997, I know a 7 figure .com, and I am sure you would all agree too.

•••
I am signing a contract to broker a certain .com domain for a friend of mine that is extremely valuable (7 figure minimum). He is not a domainer, but acquired a number of wonderful (and some not so wonderful) domains over the years.

I don't have much experience in this realm, but was curious, aside from reaching out to a few particular parties first directly to see who might be interested, where can you list or promote a domain that can easily fetch 7 figures.

Thanks!!

Kindly DM, Thanks,

•••
Only a few brokers are experienced at that level so it should be easy to find the right partner.

Bear in mind that 7 figure sales are to end users. You could be waiting decades to hit that target, even if everybody values it the same.

•••
Looking forward to seeing the name (when you are ready).

If it is that strong, just putting in the 'make offer' forum (in a masked form of course) would bring a qualified broker or two out. Then you can determine the best offer they make for brokering the name.

Last edited:
•••
Looking forward to seeing the name (when you are ready).

If it is that strong, just putting in the 'make offer' forum (in a masked form of course) would bring a qualified broker or two out. Then you can determine the best offer they make for brokering the name.

Really good point. Thanks for that. I will absolutely do that when the time comes. My game plan is to approach the two main end users first, and after that, potential take on a partner broker.

•••
Really good point. Thanks for that. I will absolutely do that when the time comes. My game plan is to approach the two main end users first, and after that, potential take on a partner broker.

I would caution against this. If you're hiring a broker let them make the approaches.

Last edited:
•••
Why are you scared to approach a professional domain name broker directly now?

•••
This thread feels like a political campaign :)

•••
•••
Back