Domain Empire

Expiring Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well I am a little confused but I have heard that after a domain expires there is a redemption period. What I am confused about is that if my domain expires and I register lets say that day or the next day to get my domain back, will I be able to do that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hotrod12 said:
Well I am a little confused but I have heard that after a domain expires there is a redemption period. What I am confused about is that if my domain expires and I register lets say that day or the next day to get my domain back, will I be able to do that?

Yes, you would be able to renew your name on that day it's expiring or a day after without any problems most times. It will stay active while you receive the renewal notices, in which it will then be in the redemption period after a couple of notices sent to you. During that stage you will have to pay much more to recover the name (most registrars charge $150 or more). If it's a name you plan on keeping, then renew it asap as it's not worth the chance of having to pay more than the renewal fee to recover it. :tu:

Here's you a nice breakdown of the deletion cycle, http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html :)

•••
Thanks alot. Right now I got the domain for free from someone and I later found out that I couldn't get access to the domain but I would like to get it back and once it expires I am going to pickup it up asap.

•••
yes you would be able to do that in that case

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back