Domain Empire

Expired Valid PR8 with 13600 dofollow backlinks - Macmasterskully.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dropsdomains.com

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
But don't expired names that get caught lose their PR?

•••
But don't expired names that get caught lose their PR?

No if you put relevant content as soon as possible. Also PR slightly decrease overtime if you lose many reciprocal links and don't build new ones.

•••
•••
Yes, I was just investigating it myself. Definitely fake PR. If you check out the DT History thumbnails, you'll see that macmasterskully.com was set up as a redirect to tuaw.com (an operational PR8 site) shortly before it expired.

And regarding the 16K dofollow links: if you perform a link:macmasterskully.com query on Google, you'll see that all sites that come up link to tuaw.com, but none point to macmasterskully.com. Bingo

Guys, exercise some common sense here: archive.org clearly shows that macmasterskully.com was just a simple tech support site set up by a random Apple fanatic and GoDaddy indicates the site receives about 35 visitors per month. Do these criteria scream "PR8" to you??

On top of that, I've managed to get in touch with the prior owner of macmasterskully.com and he said he'd be willing to give up the name for low $xxx. I'm wondering whether to finish hijacking this one for altruism's sake or to back off and allow the poor winner pays $xx,xxx for his mistake, courtesy of a bug in the dropsdomains.com software.

Edit: Decided to break off the discussion with the prior owner. While I do ascribe to the philosophy of "I am my brother's keeper", I don't believe it my responsibility to pay for another domainer's foolishness.

Last edited:
•••

DAMN. I'm sorry. I forgot googles link: domain.com shows results of PR source domain if 301 redirect :(

Didn't sleep last night, my brain's probably dead :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back