Domain Empire

Expired domain with traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't undestand why someone would reg/snap an expired domain with traffic?

Google and yahoo remove all domain who expire and it's just a matter of time before other websites who link to this expired domain do the same.

SO what is the purpose to snap a domain with traffic if some week later, original traffic from SE and backlink is gone?

Thanks,

McG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same reason people backorder popular trademarked names & typos knowing damn well they will get a C&D letter. Before that letter comes, a person can make quite a bit of money off the name. Same goes for traffic, the links may dissapear one day but if your on top of your game, you can make more then your backorder fee which means everything from then on is all profit. And not all links dissapear, there are many abandoned websites out there that havent been updated in 5+ years. I know because I have a couple names that are linked by such types. If we couldnt make more then backorder fee from a traffic name, whats the point of backordering one? The universal language here is $$$ and there is no shortage of it when it comes to traffic.

•••
.edu hits nail on head, as usual.

•••
HI

I have bought many expired domains with a google PR of 3 to PR 5 and if you are fast enough and get a website up I have found the PR does stay, I have only seen a few of my PR 5 expired domains drop to PR 3 but after checking the in bound links I see that some sites have dropped the link, But not all... and in most cases it takes 3+ months for this to happen in which time the domain name has paid for it self 2-3 times over,

But you do need to build or develop your site around the same theme the domain was used for in the past...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back