Dynadot

Exchange Reviews - Where and How to buy Bitcoin and Crypto Currency

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,
Im going to give a short write up of a few exchanges. These are my own opinions and experinces. I hope this can help people. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Exchanges with Legacy Currency (aka Fiat, USD,EUR,YEN..)
You can send these exchanges your Legacy Currency and buy Bitcoin and or other Crypto
For all of these exchanges you will need to prove your idenitiy and send them a copy of your passport or ID. The process can be slightly different for each one.

Bitstamp.net USD/BTC
One of the largest with high volume. Located in the EU (Slovenia) it is easy for people in the EU to send Euro there with a SEPA bank transfer. You can also wire them money from your bank. There have been a few reports of them delaying withdraws and asking a lot of questions when some users try to withdraw.

Bitcoin.de EUR/BTC
This is more of an online Peer to Peer marketplace than a pure exchange. Bitcoin.de itself does not have any Bitcoin. You are trading with other people just like yourself. You post a buy or sell order. If you want to sell bitcoin you need to send bitcoin to your account first. Then when you find someone that wants to buy your bitcoin they click "buy" on your order. You then wait for the funds to be sent to your bank account. When that is done you release the bitcoin to the user. Sounds complicated but it isnΒ΄t. You can use SEPA to transfer funds there.

Kraken.com USD/BTC EUR/BTC CAN/BTC LTC/BTC and more...
Kraken is located in the USA but has an EU bank account to accept SEPA transfers or people in the USA and Canada can wire them money without problem. They have done tons of security audits and done the best job in showing their reserves. Allthough I have never personaly used them they have an excellent reputation and I like what the owner had to say at coin summit.

I will add more soon, feel free to post your own questions, experinces or opinons about any exchanges.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back