Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
rr.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interested to read this tweet. Is Reza a member of this forum? If so it would good if he could expand on this tweet here. As a company we were very pleased with all Dan had to offer. But not so happy now. The Godaddy takeover, commission uplift, the refusal to let British sell in pounds (or europeans to sell in euros) and all the rest of the changes, has impacted us adversely and it is hard to understand Godaddy's reasons for all this. I've complained to the Dan team (and I know other UK dan users have done the same) but nothing heard back.

•••
After selling (recently) the platform for big cash, he "might actually come back simply out of necessity"... Yeah, right. The inflation, of course.
This remembers me of the way he presented the Godday takeover: like a great thing for the users as well. 🫶
The Godaddy money seems to have a Godaddy spirit that is taking over the persons as well.

•••
Can't wait to see if we can help his next venture grow then get sold out and ruined by GoDaddy again :)

•••
it is hard to understand Godaddy's reasons for all this
Whenever GoDaddy takes something good and makes it worse, and it doesn't make sense why, try framing it as "Things are better for GoDaddy when they're worse for us."

Most companies have to make their users happy, but GoDaddy is so massive that they can just buy anyone and remove the part that's better for domainers.

Instead of competing with Dan on the things Dan did great, GoDaddy can just buy them and make those things worse. Instead of competing with Dan's lower commission, just buy them and raise it. Instead of improving Afternic so that more people want to use it because it's good, just buy Dan and force Afternic on everyone. Instead of raising the bar, GoDaddy can just buy anyone who does, and then they can bring the bar back down.

Not much we can do about it, just wait for something better to come along and enjoy it for a few years until they get acquired.

•••
I don't blame Reza for selling - most of us would have done the same. He may genuinely not have expected these changes to have been made. It would be good to hear from him on this. So does anyone know if he has ever posted on namepros?

•••
Yeah just to be clear, I don't blame him either. Get the bag. It's not his job to care about how it affects people who voluntarily choose to do business with Dan, GoDaddy, or the domain industry as a whole. Domainers didn't help grow Dan as a charity endeavor, we used them because they had a good service/product.

•••
I've launched a few startups -- some winners, some losers -- and winners mean revenues, growth and product market fit.

I'm a bit surprised he may have to return out of necessity, as I had assumed GD had acquired DAN for F U money and he had financial freedom for life.
My first startup was acquired by the largest telecom in the world, and everyone also had assumed I was set for life. It was a great windfall --- but money goes fast in today's world - family, home, etc and seed funding for another startup.

The domain space needs more innovators -- so we should welcome Reza back!

•••
•••
Go do whatever he wants. Good luck to him
I’m getting out then I am getting back in. So familiar
What would we, and they do without namepros?
Use twitter I guess 🤷‍♂️

•••
the way I read his tweet this is not about money - but lets hear it from him

•••
•••
what - he's bought one too many desert islands :)

•••
Reza recently launched (well more pre-launch announcement) Anyone.com, a startup aimed to make housing more affordable or at least attainable on a global scale. Among other things, they propose a mechanism in which the homeowner will just cover 51% of ownership in mortgage, with the lender holding 49%, and on eventual sale proceeds split accordingly. It seems innovative, but I can't imagine how many legal hurdles there must be to try that in multiple countries. Also, hints at other significant changes to real estate as part of it.

@Acroplex wrote an article on it https://domaingang.com/domain-news/dan-com-founder-launches-housing-project-at-anyone-com/.

Not sure if it means that has taken far more startup money than he anticipated.

I wish him well in tackling one of the biggest issues in society today, with so many locked out of the possibility of home ownership.

-Bob

•••
Reza is an awesome person , He has been a great help to me for many years. although i am retired from the domain industry, Reza offers domainers services that can escalate their Career in the industry very well.

•••
Some comments here are out of __sync__ .

I meet -face 2 face- with the certain people in the domain industry world and beyond ... and Reza was one of them. Reza is very smart, precise, objective, honest and down-to-earth person.
VCs invested in Undeveloped/Dan - Do you know what that means?
The U/Dan business & working culture and stakeholder structure was/is ...rocket science for many brains.

Transforming is the keyword.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
I support dan because their staffs are lovely and kind ,they always take their customers into consideration all the way along,but they can do much better if they could reduce the costs of transactions in the coming days

•••
Make a NP account, Reza!
I‘ll be the first to follow you!

Last edited:
•••
Well we'll have a few domains to park come 1st August when Dan achieves total 'integration'. If Reza can set up operation this side of the pond, and not sell out again to that side of the pond, then I think we'd consider it.

•••
Think Raza is focusing now on his Anyone mortgage project.
Also clause on his dan/ godaddy may prevent him from speaking on godaddy issue for now.

•••
Yeah just to be clear, I don't bljame him either. Get the bag. It's not his job to care about how it affects people who voluntarily choose to do business with Dan, GoDaddy, or the domain industry as a whole. Domainers didn't help grow Dan as a charity endeavor, we used them because they had a good service/product.
Yeah just to be clear, I don't blame him either. Get the bag. It's not his job to care about how it affects people who voluntarily choose to do business with Dan, GoDaddy, or the domain industry as a whole. Domainers didn't help grow Dan as a charity endeavor, we used them because they had a good service/product.
All of us are domaining for money lol. If somoejne offered u xxx,xxx for a domain and that was its worth, why would u say no?

GD offered him a lot for DAN. I can't believe ppl are mad at him for accepting when all of us are here.... just for $£¥€

•••
However, I am asking myself:

Does that make sense?!

Selling your company to godaddy, just to start another competing one few months later...

Why did you sell in first place then?!

•••
However, I am asking myself:

Does that make sense?!

Selling your company to godaddy, just to start another competing one few months later...

Why did you sell in first place then?!
if i can get 5 years worth of earnings in one shot why not?
It was a lot of Millions

•••
if i can get 5 years worth of earnings in one shot why not?
It was a lot of Millions
yeah, but giving up your company (its quite well respected name, which is also a great domain), and all the clients that are used to it ?! 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
•••
yeah, but giving up your company (its quite well respected name, which is also a great domain), and all the clients that are used to it ?! 🤷‍♂️

When VC investors decide to sell their investment and exit a company, you (the founder) don't have much space to play around. So, VCs invested in Dan and there was opportunity for a 3x RIO ... and VCs usually demand a large equity position ... please, facts only. DD / Research vs ___ I think___ I guess.

Regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back