This week saw 2 Great sales of the new Tld
.Rocks

Moon.Rocks $8,000
&
Autism.Rocks $100,000

Show us what you got!
I'll start

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PlanetEarth.rocks , Rocking.rocks , Sapiens.rocks, LivingLife.rocks, holograms.rocks

•••
I've been getting very good traffic to my parked .rocks domains, which is a good sign to me

Just curious, is anybody else getting good traffic to their .rocks?

•••
I am taking a chance on some more of these. I just grabbed CAMPING dot rocks & TECHNOLOGY dot rocks
both were premium registrations,

camping dot net sold for $60k
technology dot me sold for $4000
technology dot asia $8800
technology dot net $100000

•••
Names.rocks
New.gTLD.Domain.Names.rocks :)
upload_2015-12-5_20-2-10.png

BIN $10 ;)

•••
@morf13 stay away from "Premiums" just sayin'

•••
@morf13 stay away from "Premiums" just sayin'

Why? Autism dot rocks was a premium. by the way, those reported prices you posted, are those list prices or completed sale prices?

•••
•••
•••
End-users don't like "Premiums".

Autism.rocks is not a Premium domain. Annual renewal - 9,95 €/year

I thought that I read it was a premium reg.
What is your reasoning for avoiding premium .rocks domains??

•••
•••
•••
I thought that I read it was a premium reg.
What is your reasoning for avoiding premium .rocks domains??
they don't want pay high renewal fee

•••
@morf13
Upto a $100 in renewal is still salvageable considering a 5 year term $500 investment, obviously for truly Premium names!

For instance I have about 100s of aged .com (10 yrs average) and 100s of nTLDs. Only 2 of my nTLDs are over $100, InvestIn.Gold and Innovation.Team, $110 to be precise. I have even better names that are not Premium Reg!

Bottom Line : It may take years of Renewals to truly realise their potential! Diversify!

•••
@morf13
Upto a $100 in renewal is still salvageable considering a 5 year term $500 investment, obviously for truly Premium names!

For instance I have about 100s of aged .com (10 yrs average) and 100s of nTLDs. Only 2 of my nTLDs are over $100, InvestIn.Gold and Innovation.Team, $110 to be precise. I have even better names that are not Premium Reg!

Bottom Line : It may take years of Renewals to truly realise their potential! Diversify!

I plan to do a vigorous campaign of contacting end users that may be interested in these premium domains, hopefully I can sell them before renewal time.

•••
I plan to do a vigorous campaign of contacting end users that may be interested in these premium domains, hopefully I can sell them before renewal time.

Awesome!

Though I would suggest dont flood yourself with inventory, and keep a rolling inventory. Buy one, then sell it, before moving on to next premium reg, as they are readily available for Reg or at the Dropzone!

Goodluck mate!

•••
Grabbed a few more, these names are worth the risk,IMO,due to the relatively low cost of these. If I crash with these, I lose a few $,if I hit with them, I can hit big. Low risk/High reward,IMO

Grabbed: SALES, GROW, FINANCES

SALES(premium) in every imaginable extension, has sold for $4000 or more

FINANCES in .net sold for $12k and in the .com sold for $500k

GROW, I just liked the name, and the word, which indicates the positive, the beginning of something, and feel like it could meet a lot of needs

•••
•••
•••
I've been trying to sell mine for dirt cheap but no buyers. It's one of my favorite extensions though.

•••
I've been trying to sell mine for dirt cheap but no buyers. It's one of my favorite extensions though.

When did you 1st register some?

I can only say, I am getting a steady amount of traffic on most of my .rocks domains and only regged them this week. Somebody is actually typing on .rocks to find these. I am comparing this to my other .host,.xyz, and .design, which are not getting the same amount of traffic.

Also, I have read a few articles about some companies that are switching from .com to .rocks, while I don't fully understand the reasoning, I think it is a good sign. Obviously, it's all about sales,so time will tell as we see this extension report sales(or not report them)

•••
I've had them for about a year. 0 inquiries. No noticeable traffic, though I do get the occasional type-ins. Maybe it's just a matter of time, I don't know.

•••
I've had them for about a year. 0 inquiries. No noticeable traffic, though I do get the occasional type-ins. Maybe it's just a matter of time, I don't know.

I guess it comes down to the debate, if I am starting a new business or site about yachting, I have a few choices-

1)Spend a ton of $ to get the .com
2)Use a second rate name in a .com like Allaboutyachting .com or myyachtingsite.com
3)Go with a stellar, premium single word keyword killer like YACHTING, just in a new extension

If money is no object, and it's available, spend a fortune on the .com, but if that's not an option,I would rather have the single keyword killer in the new extension, but that's just me.

If I can pop one of these for a conservative $1000, then I have paid for all my reg fees with profit to boot

Last edited:
•••
•••
Grabbed Hanukkah.rocks as I was in the Holiday spirit :laugh: and that the .com. .net and .orgs all have active sites or parking

•••
Think it's a nice present for Xmas. Your favorite persons name + rocks :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back