Dynadot

Everyone v. Everyone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you ever been a plaintiff or defendant?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    30.8%
  • No

votes
    69.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Being in the domain business has restructured my brain esp. in terms of lawsuits. I now have a buddy list full of people who have been sued. I talk to lawyers regularly. I can claim to know a guy who sued half a dozen ppl because they dissed him in a chat room. I can claim to know a guy who got sued by Tupac's mom! I am now non-chalant whenever hearing a news item about an oddball lawsuit. "Meh, sounds familiar." In fact - I can honestly state, I would think someone is highly unusual if they've never been sued in their life. Hell, I fully expect to be sued multiple times in my life now. I've even built a romantic aura around being the defendent in a good civil action. :D To quench some of my curiousity surrounding these strange developing thoughts; I start this poll...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope, luckily I have never had this opportunity :)

•••
•••
In Canada NO
in the US - Yes a number of time

I have been on both sides of the action
I think it is something about the litigious society in the States

•••
I was once sued by a shopping center landlord where I had one of my retail stores. I turned the tables on him by counter suing and in the end he wound up having to pay me!! I loved that - even though the two years the litigation drug out was a pain the butt (and of course my lawyer wound up getting most of the money I won.).

•••
•••
I've been a plaintiff in a class action with a couple hundred other people. Would that count?

Also a defendent in another case.

•••
I think I accidentally voted "yes" when I meant to vote "no". Don't ask me how that happened! I just wanted to let you know so it doesn't skew the poll, hehe.

•••
I served on Jury duty once, only to be one of two jurors "released" at the end of the case and PRIOR to deliberations (I turned out to be an "alternate", by random selection). It was a long and narly trial, too (involving a death), and I really got into it and kept an open mind, listened intently, etc.
And BAM ... they send me home! I was very Grrrrrr'd. D-:
Ah well, thanks for listening.
Stay out of jail, friends. :laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back