Domain Empire

poll Euro 2016....Who will you be supporting??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who will win Euro 2016

• 83 votes
  • Ended 8 years ago
  • Final results

AndyM

Web development services, visit KingdomDesign.comTop Member
Impact
I love this time of year. Weather it's the euros or the world cup, I'll watch any football (soccer) Unfortunately, as a Scotsman I've not had my home country to support since the world cup in France 1998 :(

Today see's the kick off of Euro 2016 and as a Scotsman it is even worse as every other home nation has qualified, England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. Normally I support whoever is playing against England but, I think I have finally grown up and developed a respect and appreciation for England. This being said, it means in no way I'll be supporting them and cheering their goals but I wish them well.

I would like to see Belgium do well but I would be very happy to see Spain win the competition....

Who will you be supporting?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Portugal didn't deserve to win. They didn't deserve to pass the group in the first place...

On Paper,you will expect France to win but against all odds,Portugal scored a goal and that gave them the win.Overconfidence blindsided the French team as the goal wasn't a penalty but a well-taken shot from Eder.It is better to play badly and win than play well and lose then blame bad luck.They had more than 90 minutes to play as well.

•••
Football has it's beautiful moments and this one shows the true character of the Portugal Fan:

Portugal kid hugs and comforts a crying Frenchman after final loss | Euro 2016 most touching moment

•••
CnGSKdGWcAAEOum.jpg

CnFAcsjWAAAOGvr.jpg

Renato Sanches of Portugal
CnCgN_yWcAA6htD.jpg

•••
Here's the official EURO2016 Team of the Tournament...
CnGYIa7WEAA3qZF.jpg

•••
Patricio as best goalkeeper? What?

•••
Patricio as best goalkeeper? What?
There are lots of great goalkeepers and Rui Patricio is one of them. He played a brilliant game against France. He also played more minutes (720) at EURO2016 than any other player.
CnCbCbcWIAAMKLd.jpg

•••
•••
In yesterday's Cock fight, the French Rooster was beaten up by the Portuguese Rooster.
13619980_1465269973499148_7821990059748753901_n.jpg

•••
•••
What a great tournament. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Portugal were definitely surprise winners, qualifying as a third best placed team out of the group stage, a penalty shoot out with Poland, only winning one game in 90 mins. The poll only showed 7 votes for Portugal, 19 for Germany and 13 for England!!! Well done if you picked Portugal.

•••
Here's the official EURO2016 Team of the Tournament...
CnGYIa7WEAA3qZF.jpg
I would have Bale in here ahead of Ramsay. The stats even showed he had a better tournament than even Ronaldo, apart from not winning, obviously.

•••
Vote for your Goal of the Tournament for your chance to win a @carlsberg VIP football trip! http://no_url_shorteners/EUROgotr
CnKMi6yW8AAiuFp.jpg

I'm torn between the fabulous Shaqiri (top left) bicycle kick and Ronaldo's impressive header.

I'll probably choose Shaqiri.

What is your choice? Result comes out tomorrow.

•••
•••
EURO final. Portugal 1-0 France.
3 days, I'm still in shock!
Portugal, of all teams, winning the trophy.

Congrats to Portugal for unparalleled determination displayed.
Kudos to the Head coach‎ ‎Fernando Santos for making the best of the worst situation.

Now I'm tempted to conclude that Cristiano Ronaldo is more of a liability than an asset to the team, the match was actually demarcated into: during and after Cristiano Ronaldo.
His injury, though a bad thing, was actually a blessing in disguise to Portugal.

Happy Champions!

Ah, congrats to @GILSAN

Last edited:
•••
Portugal didn't deserve to win. They didn't deserve to pass the group in the first place...
Did you notice what's on the scoreboard after the final whistle?
Portugal won, because they wanted (were determined) to win more than France did.
Portugal are Euro 2016 champions!
Nothing now matters, nor anything can change that.

•••
The first match in the qualifying Portugal lost the game with Albania with the score 1:0, can we say the same thing? No, it's luck which matters a lot and Portugal had lots of luck,.

•••
The first match in the qualifying Portugal lost the game with Albania with the score 1:0, can we say the same thing? No, it's luck which matters a lot and Portugal had lots of luck,.

Who lost to whom in the qualifying series has absolutely nothing to do with who qualifies for the final. There are EUFA rules, regulations, fixtures etc.

Again, football isn't mathematics, 2x2 is not always 4.
Good team attracts good luck, bad team - bad luck. Heaven helps those who help themselves, so to say - Samuel Smiles, 1859.

Last edited:
•••
^^ Well said. That's the magic of football. You can never be sure who will win and every major tournament has it's surprise teams. Today's so called small or weak teams are not as easy to beat as they used to be in days gone past.

Just look at teams like Albania, Iceland and Wales that so pleasantly surprised us all with great football. Naturally luck plays a part in every winner, but so does determination, spirit of sacrifice, tactics by the coach, and firm believe, to name a few.

The Portugal coach, Fernando Santos, who is an engineer, kept telling the press that he would only return on the 11th of July, after the final. The majority of the media laughed him off, but a large part of the population were behind him. Fernando had the last laugh.

Also it's allways good for football to have smaller teams win major trophies once in a while. That way the big teams are forced to eat some "Humble Pie" for a few years, and maybe show less arrogance and some respect to the little ones.

Leicester City and Portugal have made a lot of people pissed off, but in my opinion, if you are a bad loser then that is your problem., just swallow your pride and wait for the next opportunity.

•••
Zoltan Gera's volley against Portugal has been voted by the fans as carlsberg Goal of the Tournament EURO2016
CnQBmdcWEAAEHDd.jpg

Not my personal choice for best goal, but.... a great goal just the same.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back