IT.COM

Euro 2008

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Euro 2008

What your favourite country ?

Who you think will win this year Euro 2008 ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GILSAN said:
That was bad luck for Romania getting the "Killer" group!. Another outsider team to watch is Poland. Lets see how they do against the mighty Germans tonight.

Today's first game: Austria-0 Croatia-1 (Luka Modrić scored by penalty)

GIL

Watching Poland-Germany right now. However I don't think they will produce a surprise. Wow, just now Mario Gomes had a big chance. Anyway I am a fan of Poland because Golanski plays at Steaua Bucharest. I really like the way he plays.

Regarding Romania, yes bad chance, but at Euro 2000 they qualified from a group with Germany, Portugal and England too. However I do not think there is big chance to repeat this performance.

•••
Germany are 2-0 up 15 minutes from the end. Both goals by Podolski. Germany are looking very strong!

GIL

•••
The most exciting games of 1st round will be tomorrow. How do you think about the game between Netherlands and Italia. It is very interesting that their coaches are very good friends and they were playing in the dream club AC Milan in the end of 80s and beginning of 90s.

•••
I would love to see Croatia vs Russia final at the EURO 2008, but I think that final match will be Germany vs Portugal.

•••
gmtfan said:
The most exciting games of 1st round will be tomorrow. How do you think about the game between Netherlands and Italia. It is very interesting that their coaches are very good friends and they were playing in the dream club AC Milan in the end of 80s and beginning of 90s.
The toughest group of all. This (Holland-Italy) is a tough game for both teams. Robben got injured and won't play for the Dutch. Canavarro is also out for the Italians. Its a game for a draw.

France should beat Romania

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
France should beat Romania

GIL

I hope you are not right. However seeing France are serious about the match, I think you are right. When Romania won matches, it was always underestimated (Argentina in '94, England in '00).

This is not the case now. However France-Romania will be a nice match too, Romania is very technique, I just hope they won't just defend.

•••
Alex said:
I hope you are not right. However seeing France are serious about the match, I think you are right. When Romania won matches, it was always underestimated (Argentina in '94, England in '00).

This is not the case now. However France-Romania will be a nice match too, Romania is very technique, I just hope they won't just defend.
On paper France is a stronger team and Romania don't have another Gheorghe Hagi like in Euro 2000. Adrian Mutu is a fantastic player but I think he will be affected by his 12 million Euro fine. Stlll if they are in the Euro 2008 its because they are good! I wish them luck!

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
On paper France is a stronger team and Romania don't have another Gheorghe Hagi like in Euro 2000. Adrian Mutu is a fantastic player but I think he will be affected by his 12 million Euro fine. Stlll if they are in the Euro 2008 its because they are good! I wish them luck!

GIL

Sincerely I was never a supporter of Hagi. I have Mutu's autograph though, and several photos with him when I was in Parma :)

Anyway, not just his 12 million loss is the problem, his grandma just died, and he was very close to her. France is zillion times stronger individually than Romania. But ya never know, a surprise has to arrive as since now I won all my 4 bets. Tomorrow I think I will loose my first one :)

Chivu is half injured too, he has problems with his shoulders, I think he will not be able to complete a match. Anyway I hope Holland and Romania will win tomorrow. Just like I wanted Portugal and Romania to qualify at Euro 2000 :)

•••
Alex said:
Sincerely I was never a supporter of Hagi. I have Mutu's autograph though, and several photos with him when I was in Parma :)

Anyway, not just his 12 million loss is the problem, his grandma just died, and he was very close to her. France is zillion times stronger individually than Romania. But ya never know, a surprise has to arrive as since now I won all my 4 bets. Tomorrow I think I will loose my first one :)

Chivu is half injured too, he has problems with his shoulders, I think he will not be able to complete a match. Anyway I hope Holland and Romania will win tomorrow. Just like I wanted Portugal and Romania to qualify at Euro 2000 :)

GAAAAAHHHHH

I finally found you.... you ... you username stealer.... :lol:

BTW, im rooting for Spain ;)

•••
Its a very good start of EURO 2008 today match fixture

Romania vs France and Holland vs Italy

It will be a very good match be sure to catch it everyone.

Even though canavaro is out but i still think italy still have good defender to hold the defence line in the game. It will be a tough game for both team.

•••
-Alex- said:
GAAAAAHHHHH

:hehe:

•••
-Alex- said:
GAAAAAHHHHH

Alex 2489 vs -Alex- 662 (posts) Interesting game!

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
Alex 2489 vs -Alex- 662 (posts) Interesting game!

GIL

-Alex- 9.97 posts per day vs Alex 4.90 posts per day.

Interesting indeed :)

•••
Alex said:
-Alex- 9.97 posts per day vs Alex 4.90 posts per day.

Interesting indeed :)
And the winner is ....:-/

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
And the winner is ....:-/

GIL

No winners on NP. This is a community not a football game.

GIL, are you from Portugal? It means it is 3:19 AM there. 5:19 AM here .. gotta sleep. Can't wait for tomorrow's matches :)

•••
Alex said:
No winners on NP. This is a community not a football game.

GIL, are you from Portugal? It means it is 3:19 AM there. 5:19 AM here .. gotta sleep. Can't wait for tomorrow's matches :)
Yes I am. Sleep well and good luck for Romania!

GIL

•••
France might win Romania

•••
sun and kisses said:
France might win Romania
The game is open , I just hope Romania will win :)

•••
chronosel said:
The game is open , I just hope Romania will win :)
Draw! It wasn't that good game. Hoping a more exciting game between Holland and Italia

•••
First mini surprise of the tournament: Romania 0 - 0 France. Well done Romania! I allways back the underdogs.

I didn't see the game. Was it good and was the result fair?

GIL

•••
To tell the truth it was borring, second half Romania had a tiny little bit more chances. :)

•••
To me Romania is not underdog. In this group, the order would be
Italia, Netherlands,Romania then France.

•••
After rom-france match I agree with you gmtfan.

•••
Holland just scored a goal by Van Nistelroy. Looked like it was offside! Italian fans highly pissed off!

5 minutes later its 2-0 scored by Sneijder. Holland putting on the pressure!

Great game so far!

GIL

Last edited:
•••
NED is going well now. It should have be 3-0. Let's wait to see 2nd half, the ITA would do something. Maybe Del Pierro will be in the ITA squad. Happy so far.

1st goal was score in offside position, but it is part of soccer. Admit it :lol: since one ITA defender was off the field, he may come back to play.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back