NameSilo

question EU extension registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jason Baudendistel

CEO Wibbets IncRestricted (Market)
Impact
I started out using Namecheap but i've got some names at Epik and Ionos as well. My question is which registrars will allow a US citizen to register .eu and .jp names I saw a previous thread a while back but could not find it. Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like a lot of domains like this, they have their restrictions. For EU, must reside in Europe or have a registered business in Europe

There are ways around it, if you're creative. In theory, you could register a private company in the UK for £12, which is a measly online fee, which usually gets accepted by companies house (the UK company registrar) within 24 hours. Obviously you'd be a dead company, with zero tax filings, with a dummy office address (pay some tiny rent on a UK virtual office address to strengthen your case)...perfectly legal. Technically, you'd be in a UK database as a registered company, in accordance with a registrars requirements

Last edited:
•••
Like a lot of domains like this, they have their restrictions. For EU, must reside in Europe or have a registered business in Europe

There are ways around it, if you're creative. In theory, you could register a private company in the UK for £12, which is a measly online fee, which usually gets accepted by companies house (the UK company registrar) within 24 hours. Obviously you'd be a dead company, with zero tax filings, with a dummy office address (pay some tiny rent on a UK virtual office address to strengthen your case)...perfectly legal. Technically, you'd be in a UK database as a registered company, in accordance with a registrars requirements
Or, one could just register any other name out of literally millions available...far less trouble. We're also not allowed to register .US for the same reasons which is probably why the whole world uses and understands .COM...it is what it is for a very good reason and although there will be sales of other extensions, they are few and far between. I for example am therefore limited when it comes to buying a domain and will just skip on by any that are more of a PIA than the others that are available.

IMHO

Rgrds,

Redd

•••
I started out using Namecheap but i've got some names at Epik and Ionos as well. My question is which registrars will allow a US citizen to register .eu and .jp names I saw a previous thread a while back but could not find it. Thanks in advance.

101domain.com/trustee_service.htm

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back