Dynadot

.EU Domain pre-registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
2 question in this issue:

First - What is the lowest price available for .EU pre-registration through accredited registrar?
I found that Godaddy charge $ 20 a year: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/tlds/eu.asp?se=+&tld=.eu
and another registrar – DTNT.com charging €15 – I assume that it is around $17 :
www.domainthenet.com/eu_domain.asp

Second - To register a .EU domain you have to be qualified, they request to meet certain requirements. Do you know some accredited registrars that have some solution for non- resident of EU Countries?

This DTNT.com have a solution – you can see in the same URL (it seems OK), what do you think?

Thanks
Ariel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not many registrars offer .eu domain names. The ones who offer .eu names are very expensive. At DTNT.com you are getting it for around $17-18. Also you will need to pay a rent of €10 per year to a British company called Domain Services Ltd who will register the name on your behalf if you don't fulfill the requirement of a presence in one of the European Union Countries. I think this solution is OK but its expensive.

•••
eurodns.com might works for non EU residents

•••
peter phillips said:
Not many registrars offer .eu domain names. The ones who offer .eu names are very expensive. At DTNT.com you are getting it for around $17-18. Also you will need to pay a rent of €10 per year to a British company called Domain Services Ltd who will register the name on your behalf if you don't fulfill the requirement of a presence in one of the European Union Countries. I think this solution is OK but its expensive.

Any contact details for Domain Services Ltd? or a website

•••
peter phillips said:
Not many registrars offer .eu domain names.
This is funny....the following quote is from .EU registry site:

"2 months before the .eu launch, on 7 October 2005, 475 companies and organisations in 40 countries have completed the procedure and are now recognised as .eu domain name registrars. 178 more have applied and are in the process of becoming a registrar"
I believe by the time .EU is launched it'd probably have more registrars on board than all the other tlds combined....here is the list of the 475 that are accredited so far: http://list.eurid.eu/registrars/ListRegistrars.htm?lang=en

•••
Just FYI EUrid will charge registrars 10 euros per name, which is around $12 I guess.
So even at $17-18 I think it's decent end user price (the remainder being the registrar/reseller margin).

Wow thanks for the super fast donation. It's appreciated. Good luck with your name !

•••
peter phillips said:

What are the requirements needed to register .eu domains? Are non-europeans eligible to register?

•••
coolpix said:
What are the requirements needed to register .eu domains? Are non-europeans eligible to register?

The .eu domain registration is available to residents and entities located in the European Union Countries. If you don't fulfill the above requirements but you want to register a .eu domain name, a British company called Domain Services Ltd will register the name on your behalf and rent it to you at €10 per year. The cost of the service during the pre-registration period is similar.

•••
Whats the website for Domain Services Ltd? i cant find any contact details or website for them...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back