domains Ethereum Naming Service Grace Period To End On August 2nd

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Ethereum Naming Service (ENS) is a huge domain service that mainly acts similarly to any other domain lookup system. It is built on the Ethereum platform. The credit for this accomplishment goes to Ethereum Foundation’s Alex Van de Sande and Nick Johnson.

The following domain names will be open for registration and bidding on August 2. By this time the grace period of 90 days will finally end. Currently, eth.eth is the most popular name. It is because of its relation to the industry and selling out at a very high bid of 14 million USD. According to statistics, short names with meaning have more market worth, hence the demand.

https://www.thecoinrepublic.com/202...ng-service-grace-period-to-end-on-august-2nd/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What a coincidence. I was just wondering exactly how to find the owner of a .eth domain. I think I asked this question here a while back but never got an answer I think.

Is there an equivalent to whois look up but for .eth domains? I can't seem to find one.

•••
Another one I won't be buying but good luck to those that do.

•••
any similar bitcoin extensions ?

•••
gonna be some profitable typos with these crypto domains)

•••
What a coincidence. I was just wondering exactly how to find the owner of a .eth domain. I think I asked this question here a while back but never got an answer I think.

Is there an equivalent to whois look up but for .eth domains? I can't seem to find one.
It seems that we can only find the hash, and then use the reverse lookup to find all domains that are registered for that hash (ethereum address).

I'm curious why would you need that? Are you trying to buy an .eth address as an investment?

BTW, until I saw this thread, I had no clue about this ENS thing. Just read some articles and the idea looks cool. I've already registered one name for my own use :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back