IT.COM

Escrow.domains what are your experiences with them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I am considering testing out escrow.domains for one of my transactions and wanted to know if any of you guys have any experiences with them?

Do both the buyer and seller need to upload their IDs, business info and similar data?

Any and all feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
I have just completed 1 transaction with them, I think they have some issues with Europeans users and Euros !
The buyer couldn't pay by his credit card, they told him to pay using Paypam ! so they cancelled the first payment and get paid by Paypal.
And what I don't understand: I sold the domain at $1150 and I received just $1129 !! I don't understand the difference ! I sent them an email...
I'll keep you updated !

•••
•••
Exchange rates and/or bank (wire) fees.

•••
Exchange rates and/or bank (wire) fees.
@Kate here are my Escrow.Domains and Paypal interfaces (There is no Exchange rate because I have Euro and USD in my Paypal) and there is no bank wire ! and the seller paid 100% fees, what do you think? I see that $20 disappeared ! :
Escrow.Domains:
83356_98a26fd1e6d459f49382132d171a58cc.jpg

Paypal:

83358_9e99d6abf363f8e5f0304de1aae27dcd.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, the OP's question was asked in April...

•••
Hello,
I have just completed 1 transaction with them, I think they have some issues with Europeans users and Euros !
The buyer couldn't pay by his credit card, they told him to pay using Paypam ! so they cancelled the first payment and get paid by Paypal.
And what I don't understand: I sold the domain at $1150 and I received just $1129 !! I don't understand the difference ! I sent them an email...
I'll keep you updated !

I've been forced to use them once, as a buyer. My experience was about the same as yours. They made it quite difficult to clearly understand the charges, and I also was billed more than I was expecting to pay. They seemed to just wanted to obfuscate the issue more when I pointed it out to them. I'm not saying I was right. But I never got a clear answer. In the end, I just moved on with it unresolved. Vowing never to buy any more domains from the service which used them. I put it down as teething troubles with a new escrow service. But I see it's still happening. So it seems they haven't learnt, yet.

•••
You find below Escorow.Domains support answer !!!
"We can see that the $1149.00 was issued to you. We would recommend following up with pay-pal to look into the matter further."
I will check this with Paypal !!

•••
You find below Escorow.Domains support answer !!!
"We can see that the $1149.00 was issued to you. We would recommend following up with pay-pal to look into the matter further."
I will check this with Paypal !!
As I see here: https://escrow.domains/fees
PayPal disbursement = the required fee + $1

•••
I've been forced to use them once, as a buyer. My experience was about the same as yours. They made it quite difficult to clearly understand the charges, and I also was billed more than I was expecting to pay. They seemed to just wanted to obfuscate the issue more when I pointed it out to them. I'm not saying I was right. But I never got a clear answer. In the end, I just moved on with it unresolved. Vowing never to buy any more domains from the service which used them. I put it down as teething troubles with a new escrow service. But I see it's still happening. So it seems they haven't learnt, yet.

I was asked by somebody to use them. Because of this, I gave them a miss, and used escrow.payoneer.com instead. This was my first time to use them. No problems.

But they charge differently to escrow.com if the client pays by credit card. Escrow.com include the credit card charge within their charges, which can be paid by the buyer, seller or split. escrow.payoneer.com charge the seller the credit card charge of 3%. So be sure, if the buyer wants to pay by credit card with escrow.payoneer.com, to add the charge to you price. Like this. Price / 97 x 100 = your price to the customer, if you want to charge the buyer the credit card charge like Escrow.com do it. Hope that is clear.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back