Domain Empire

Epik Wikipedia battle is full-on right now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
@Intelliname has engaged the battle with the Wikipedia handlers who have been camping on a Wikipedia article about Epik that is full of nonsense narrative.

You can follow the debate here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Intelliname#April_2020

Bring popcorn but do it quick because they will probably censor this too.

Take lots of screenshots.

Here's a start:

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-17.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-56.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-15-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Be that yours, or others opinion.

One a company, or that company member, receives a blow.

Can you blame them for sounding some type of an alarm, raising a red flag, or whatever the proper and fair recourse is, so to escalate it properly, yet NOT condone any vile behavior against them, or their members.

Surely, they [wikipedia] don't see this as acceptable behavior for others to follow.
I saw a miscommunication by @barybadrinath . I think his former matter having to do with threats to his family as I recall, may have affected perceptions in this case.

They don't know us any more than we know them. They wrote a bad article and it needs to be fixed.

•••
I pointed out that the plan was not very well thought out.
It's hard to blame a victim for their reaction to being damaged.

There seems to be some confusion on who the victim is here....in this matter and this matter alone. The victim here is Epik imo. That article is just plain weird using standards set by Wikipedia itself. It's weak. No judging the accuracy, it's incomplete.

If my daughter brought me a school paper to review and it was that....I'd gently explain that she needed to do more research and be more thorough.

Last edited:
•••
It's hard to blame a victim for their reaction to being damaged.

Again, you're not reading my post. Let me ask you a simple question. Do you think this is a good result? Do you think it's easier or harder now to edit that page?

Last edited:
•••
Again, you're not reading my post. Let me ask you a simple question. Do you think this is a good result? Do you think it's easier or harder now to edit that page?
I think it's a shame it has to be edited at all. Millions of dollars are invested by companies. For what? To have a Wikipedia editor decide to put her moral slant on the bio? Do you think editing the article will repair the damage done?

•••
I think it's a shame it has to be edited at all. Millions of dollars are invested by companies. Do you think editing the article will repair the damage done?

You didn't answer my questions. Let's try again:

Do you think this is a good result?

Do you think it's easier or harder now to edit that page?

I already did. Read my posts. Don't be lazy. ;)

Dodged it again.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here's the funny thing. Things happen for a reason imo. This matter could be helping Molly in a way. Who knows, this might shape her in a way that she might not write something in the future that could forever change her. Things have a funny way of happening for a reason * Long, deep toke*...Like I said, I like Molly. And I havent even met her. :)
See?

•••
You didn't answer my questions. Let's try again:

Do you think this is a good result?

Do you think it's easier or harder now to edit that page?

Dodged it again.
I trust what Molly said. I hope thats right. She said that as long as protocol is followed, the article would be edited. She never said overnight. I think all this talk if fine but ultimately, Epik will need to follow their protocol. Perhaps with some form of oversight.

I know I would ask to speak to a manager at this point of there at Wikipedia at the least. :)

•••
Has anyone succeeded at editing the Wiki article? We are 17 pages in and AFAIK none of you have been able to edit a thing.

Anyone?

I haven't tried.

But, if I was a betting man, I would definitely put my chips on myself, in my ability to communicate, to have that wikipedia article changed.

However, after witnessing what's went down in this thread,

why would I try?

or why would I care?

Wouldn't that time be better spent removing ns3.epik.com / ns4.epik.com from my domain names, and putting this epik saga behind me?

Opposed to fighting your wikipedia battle?

While you side step any responsibility?

I'm not saying I won't join wikipedia. Just not sure if I'll join your crusade. Though, tomorrow is 4/20, and crazier things have happened. As you pointed to my toking earlier, might I suggest you take a puff (or tincture) or two tomorrow? It's a holiday for some. And you don't even have to inhale if you don't want to. I recommend you start with a high CBD strain, with very little, if any THC at all.

•••
I haven't tried.

But, if I was a betting man, I would definitely put my chips on myself, in my ability to communicate, to have that wikipedia article changed.

However, after witnessing what's went down in this thread,

why would I try?

or why would I care?

Wouldn't that time be better spent removing ns3.epik.com / ns4.epik.com from my domain names, and putting this epik saga behind me?

Opposed to fighting your wikipedia battle?

While you side step any responsibility?

I'm not saying I won't join wikipedia. Just not sure if I'll join your crusade. Though, tomorrow is 4/20, and crazier things have happened. As you pointed to my toking earlier, might I suggest you take a puff (or tincture) or two tomorrow? It's a holiday for some. And you don't even have to inhale if you don't want to. I recommend you start with a high CBD strain, with very little, if any THC at all.
You should do what your heart and your mind tell you to do. I think it's clear you are about fairness. It's clear you are ethical and support truth. I hope you will determine that this matter deserves a look from all perspectives.

•••
You should do what your heart and your mind tell you to do. I think it's clear you are about fairness. It's clear you are ethical and support truth. I hope you will determine that this matter deserves a look from all perspectives.

I think you know what I'm going to do.

Though, I think we both also like sports?

It's the 4th quarter.

It looks all but over.

That is, unless...

•••
None of that matters, when want the article written with the most vitriol, reflecting personal views of author, define the brand.

It doesn't matter Huff Post wrote hit piece. That's how want start,make Rob look like Hitler

In both instances, they couldn't be further from the truth. More relevant things need added first paragraph, things that actually have to do with industry, which they refuse, due to author, who doesnt care about the industry, harming brand long message made. Molly said herself. “I was assigned" She has no biz writing anything epik Wiki no oversight "discussion" removes all with even hint criticism aimed at her less than 1/10 force she uses in her “citations" unfairly target this company. too many things Rob did last 2-and half years need added than her half-baked attempts to paint Rob as racist.

Rob has already said has not spoken to the Gab CEO since last year. That alone, makes the Huff hit piece, outdated, irrelevant, and even moreso if Rob has changed his views, stance, or wording since. None of the matters, want to make look like "alt-right"illicit Neo-nazi.

I believe good things will happen in the end, despite the political projections of the author.

HEY WIKI!!! HIRE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THING OR TWO DOMAINS WRITE on EPIK!!!

Last edited:
•••
If Ms Molly or Wikipedia thinks that my statement was a threat ,they are free to pursue a legal action against me in the country of their choice.
Also I am not associated with epik in any form.
Wikipedia article was written long ago before my statement was misinterpreted.

Wiki is free to sue me but my statement's misinterpretation must not be the basis for maligning epik.

Last edited:
•••
If Ms Molly or Wikipedia thinks that my statement was a threat ,they are free to pursue a legal action against me in the country of their choice.
Also I am not associated with epik in any form.
Wikipedia article was written long ago before my statement was misinterpreted.

Wiki is free to sue me but my statement's misinterpretation must not be the basis for maligning epik.

Not sure if anyone will take it to court.

But a safe bet, would be for her [Molly] to report you [or others] to higher authorities [the FBI being one option], where you may have a flag added to you [or others], or be put of some sort of watch list. To let a higher authority decide if she needs to be concerned or not. @Molly White if you're still reading this, and if any of what's been said has made you uncomfortable, I would certainly consider filing a report to the authority of your preference. I mentioned the FBI, because typically, they tend to watch out for US citizens. Especially, if one perceived threatening remarks, or a threatening insinuation against them, that the person(s) US citizen or else, making the threat(s) needs to be put on a watch list. So he/she can be properly screened if he/she ever tries to travel to the USA, if they are not already in the United States.

@barybadrinath As you know, I was asking for you to be banned from namePros.

Seeing you were already reported for similar behavior [making threats] in the past, and then seeing you further escalate, and engage, I have to imagine you're on thin ice in terms of nP, as evident by your current restriction.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure if anyone will take it to court.

But a safe bet, would be for her [Molly] to report you [or others] to higher authorities [the FBI being one option], where you may have a flag added to you [or others], or be put of some sort of watch list. To let a higher authority decide if she needs to be concerned or not. @Molly White if you're still reading this, and if any of what's been said has made you uncomfortable, I would certainly consider filing a report to the authority of your preference. I mentioned the FBI, because typically, they tend to watch out for US citizens. Especially, if one perceived threatening remarks, or a threatening insinuation against them, that the person(s) US citizen or else, making the threat(s) needs to be put on a watch list. So he/she can be properly screened if he/she ever tries to travel to the USA, if they are not already in the United States.

@barybadrinath As you know, I was asking for you to be banned from namePros.

Seeing you were already reported for similar behavior [making threats] in the past, and then seeing you further escalate, and engage, I have to imagine you're on thin ice in terms of nP, as evident by your current restriction.
Ask her to report me to cia or directly to trump. FBI reports to them so directly reporting to white house will be perfect.

You guys are so nice. You are like a newly married bride who always bitches about mother in law but never sees her own fault. Clap is never from one hand . In my past so called threat you have very cleverly closed your eyes on sharjil who contacted many of my family members without any invitation. I will see how you feels if someone will contact your wife ,your sister ,your parents and your cousins out of professional reasons.
Your partialty is also evident when you have not even spoken a word about corruption of molly but you are hell bent on crying from last some days when ms Molly was questioned. With this kind of mind ,heart and one sided thoughts ,do you really sleep peacefully at night. I sincerely doubt that.
I know corrupt media outlets and their supporters have no shame thatswhy Trump always blast them openly. There is so much shameless ness in the eyes of 2-3 people who do not like rob monster here , that if rob will praise their parents ,those guys will even start abusing their parents ,just bcz rob praised them.i want to ask u , r u able to look into your eyes directly in the mirror with this kind of doubleness in life

Last edited:
•••
I am taking break now for 15 days. If anyone of the respected domainers want to say something to me ,pls post it here and I will be back after 15 days.
Also request you all to sign that petition. Not going away because I cannot answer you or I am afraid,just going away to take break.

•••
Ask her to report me to cia or directly to trump. FBI reports to them so directly reporting to white house will be perfect.

You guys are so nice. You are like a newly married bride who always bitches about mother in law but never sees her own fault. Clap is never from one hand . In my past so called threat you have very cleverly closed your eyes on sharjil who contacted many of my family members without any invitation. I will see how you feels if someone will contact your wife ,your sister ,your parents and your cousins out of professional reasons.
Your partialty is also evident when you have not even spoken a word about corruption of molly but you are hell bent on crying from last some days when ms Molly was questioned. With this kind of mind ,heart and one sided thoughts ,do you really sleep peacefully at night. I sincerely doubt that.
I know corrupt media outlets and their supporters have no shame thatswhy Trump always blast them openly. There is so much shameless ness in the eyes of 2-3 people who do not like rob monster here , that if rob will praise their parents ,those guys will even start abusing their parents ,just bcz rob praised them.i want to ask u , r u able to look into your eyes directly in the mirror with this kind of doubleness in life
Do you have proof that @Molly White is corrupt? Or are you just assuming or is this your opinion? I think @Rob Monster is smart enough and already understands what he needs to do so I believe there is no need for you to keep attacking Molly. In life, how you approach things, specially with people, matters very much.

Last edited:
•••
You guys are so nice. You are like a newly married bride who always bitches about mother in law but never sees her own fault. Clap is never from one hand . In my past so called threat you have very cleverly closed your eyes on sharjil who contacted many of my family members without any invitation.

Do you think you're the only one who's had their family members contacted by a domainer?

Seriously bro, it's 4/20/20.

Go find some peace.

You bring too much hate to this forum.

•••
This shouldn't be made personal. If it were made personal, I could find within seconds many examples here at NamePros of where the Monster refused to apologize or admit wrongdoing. It's ironic actually that he's now facing the same sort of wall that he's presented time and again at NamePros to anyone who has challenged his thinking.

But getting back to Wikipedia, the bottom line remains:
When these sorts of things happen “edit wars” they are discussed in a User Talk Wikipedia thread and resolved.

It’s probably not right to have the Wiki article start right off with the glaring statement that Epik is “known” for hosting Nazi, White Supremacist and illicit drug dealing content, but to suppress the fact that it has hosted such content is not going to happen either - this is just the way Wikipedia works. You can’t host chickens and not expect them to come home to roost.
And by the way, the way this thing is shaping up...unless there are verifiable news sources (not a forum) for whatever anyone proposes to be put into the article, such content is not going to be inserted, no matter what anyone says or thinks. Whenever anything is put under the microscope at Wikipedia, it always comes down to sources. There is no conspiracy.

Last edited:
•••
Happy 4/20 everyone.

This is the 420th post of this thread.

upload_2020-4-20_11-4-52.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
https://www.infowars.com/trump-dema...es-asks-doj-social-media-to-detect-pre-crime/

This assault is being combined with an attack on the basic infrastructure of the internet which has led to the Free Speech hosting site Epik and their anti-DDOS service BitMitigate, which serves 8Chan and The Daily Stormer among many other websites, being effectively kicked off the internet.

In case not aware, Epik.com is the Infowars registrar as well.

Show attachment 114983

It is actually a Forever registration.

I have never met or spoken to AJ but have dealt with his head of IT.

Ok, perhaps another explanation, as to why Mr. Soros or Vice might be targeting Epik, if not for housing Gab, for housing InfoWars.com?

If infowars is involved,

and so is George Soros,

Where is the money coming from to fund epik?

Is @Rob Monster soliciting the help, or reputation, of namePros to help fix epiks image,

so to continue enabling others fight of an info war,

which might have at one point been between,

Alex Jones VS George Soros? ...

... thus I ask Mr. @Rob Monster, if you are not shilling for Mr. Soros, who exactly are you shilling for?
  • the spread of misinformation is real
  • but where does it come from?
  • do all roads of fake news lead back to epik?
  • did russian trolls do it, or was it epik?
This week Facebooks bans all reference to Infowars. How much longer before any reference to scripture or Jesus Christ is banned as that is considered "hate speech".

Perhaps it's time to put the bible down, for a minute, and look up the REAL definition of hate speech.

I think you are doing the bible a disservice.

You might be helping evangelics enrich themselves.

But to the common folk, who wants to believe in religion,

that see's your actions hidden behind a bible, well, that's quite off-putting. And disrespectful to my families view of the bible.

Why involve scripture, or call upon the bible, as an excuse for instigating a threatening culture, or for you to enable those who would like to purport hate speech?

I believe in God.

...not Rob. Nor Rob's version of God.

But in a way, as the universe is God.

None of us play God. Or are god themselves.We are all in this together.

I will pray for all you "in rob we trust" followers.

#dontdrinkthelemonade #itmightbekoolaid #bewareoffalseprophets #doyouseewheregaslightingleadsus

Last edited:
•••
Where is the money coming from to fund epik?

As far as I know it's privately owned with Rob being the biggest shareholder. So that'd mean out of his own pocket :).

Just like I I feel all those conspiracies touched upon by Epik are a bit far fetched, I am 100% sure there's no big conspiracy going on to push epiks agenda down our throats.

They're passionate, agreed. Borderline at times. Agreed. But it's coming from a deeply rooted conviction.

Since you're engaging a lot again, let me say you this. Good to have you back. A critical mind isn't always appreciated. Soldier on and you know where to find me if you ever need to blow off some steam.

•••
Whatever you think ...

The Wikipedia editor is not an expert in the filed (domain industry) and editor/s starting point is written in a very specific style, known as the concept of “common knowledge” or "information that most people know". The US based TV stations (3) mentioned Epik but without accusation or by coloring the company name nor CEO name (they know that "cite is not considered "common knowledge"). Things can change anytime, anywhere.

In essence. the information is written / shared by a specific group of likeminded people / most of are students, part time journalist / freelancers (check the cite authors).

Wikipedia rules: cite if 50% likely to be challenged.

When you cite your sources, statements is not considered common knowledge.

This case is not an undisputed or definitive fact.

Most of so called WP editors are unsure (copycat), so ... cite it to be safe.

(btw. I'm Wikipedia editor/contributor for 18 years. Younger generation are using WP for a very personal gain s.a. CV and status.)

For the rest of the story: No comment.

Rules
0. Subject
1. Collect information
2. Read, read again, read in-between
3. Analyze
4. Compare (source/s, idea, authors background etc)
5. Challenge: subjective vs objective vs copycat (eg. VICE, HufPost etc), Mainstream media (Radio & TV) etc.
etc

Bye namePros! Enjoy your Domaining!

Regards

•••
To your point, this was the very first insertion point for a Wikipedia page by this group, cast just a handful of hours after the most damning and biased article came out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Epik_(domain_registrar)&oldid=895565560

It was then adapted over five days, collecting on all prior citations and notices that matched the original SPLC / Media Matters narrative, at which point the Wikipedia page on Rob Monster was then created and the information was transferred and referenced as authentic and correct.

I don't care how much you like Rob Monster, or how big of capital letters you want to break out in between the discovery of where the Sativa meets the Indica... ANY one of objective mind should be able to look at this and instantly determine the level of hit-job associated with a small group of people to try and drive home a pre-determined point. Epik works hard. Rob works hard. Their staff work hard.

This was a hit-job from the very first minute. It still is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back