Domain Empire

Epik renewal prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
$35 for a .com domain renewal? Do they want to lose all their customers or what is going on?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$35 for a .com domain renewal? Do they want to lose all their customers or what is going on?

$8.something for resellers/domainers. Ask them to flag your account being a nP member.

Last edited:
•••
•••
How do you mean?

They offer a discount for domainers. You get wholesale pricing. You'll have to request for them to enable it for you.

•••
I think many people here that had the $8.xx lost it and are now $35. No explanation why.

•••
I think many people here that had the $8.xx lost it and are now $35. No explanation why.

Maybe. I checked and it's now 9.99 for me. It's quite an increase. Plenty of cheaper registrars, and some decent ones.

I don't have much domains at Epik but for those that do, I don't see much benefit in staying with Epik anymore.

•••
•••
Maybe. I checked and it's now 9.99 for me. It's quite an increase. Plenty of cheaper registrars, and some decent ones.

I don't have much domains at Epik but for those that do, I don't see much benefit in staying with Epik anymore.
Agreed. They are now more expensive than Dynadot superbulk pricing, SAV and others.

•••
just had my card charged $35 for a .com domain renewal, freaked the f out, and found this forum. unbelievable move from a company that seemed to pride itself in being different than GoDaddy. heard about them when they offered to host gab.com and thought my domains were in safe hands. well clearly not. namecheap here I come...

•••
$8.something for resellers/domainers. Ask them to flag your account being a nP member.
I just got a reply on that (discount price I was given: $15 for .com, $13 for .net, none for .org): See namepros .com /threads/now-the-price-increase-for-com-is-starting-to-hit-going-to-be-dropping-lots-of-names.1282417/page-5#post-8700589 (sorry, I can't post links)

•••
I just got a reply on that (discount price I was given: $15 for .com, $13 for .net, none for .org): See namepros .com /threads/now-the-price-increase-for-com-is-starting-to-hit-going-to-be-dropping-lots-of-names.1282417/page-5#post-8700589 (sorry, I can't post links)

Thanks. That's interesting info. It looks like they don't longer offer at cost registration for 'new' domainers.

They've been heavily targeting domainers since 2018(?) but after they got hacked things seem to be falling apart.

At $15 a pop I don't see a good reason for people to use them.

This pricing would probably also be applied to backorders, aftermarket purchases etc. So we're probably talking about $25 on drops with your pricing.

Better options available. Maybe just a tad more expensive but it does the job just fine with much better result/catchrate.

They target the bottom of the market. DD, sav and the likes of catch service will outperform them in the same niche in terms of pricing and performance.

•••
just noticed the renewals were $35 as well, what the hell? time to move away.

•••
I've always found it a curious concept to register your NamePros forum name with Epik in order to get a discount. All the more so because other registrars simply give this so-called discount right away. But yes, it certainly is ingenious to get all this information about people on a forum where Epik is much discussed.

•••
This isn't available anymore. I received following reply from support:

The NP promo is no longer available. It was an old promo that is no longer available now.

For domainer pricing, your Epik account needs to have 1000+ domains to be considered.

Best regards,
Thanks,
Rajmohan V
Epik- Client Services

•••
Yep, def time to move all the domains to another registrar. I don't like when they just randomly 3x the prices.

•••
This isn't available anymore. I received following reply from support:
Well they altered their policy yet again without informing us. Last month multiple people said they were told 100 plus domains can receive the discount rate now its 1000?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back