Dynadot

Epik Launches Domain Investor Club

NameSilo
Watch
In an email sent out to certain domainers today (assuming to only those that have over 400 domains at Epik), Epik announced their new Domain Investor Club:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Hello, I'm Brian Royce, CEO of Epik. I'm excited to invite you to join our new Domain Investor Club, which offers a pricing tier that we're currently developing in the BETA phase until March 31st, 2023.

The Investor Club provides the most competitive registration, renewal, and transfer rates for popular TLDs, including .COM, .NET, .ORG, .XYZ, and .CO. Here are the pricing details for each TLD:

TLD Club Register Price Club Renewal Price Club Transfer Price
.com $9.67 $9.67 $9.67
.net $10.69 $10.69 $10.69
.org $10.99 $10.99 $10.99
.xyz $9.69 $9.69 $9.69
.co $22.89 $22.89 $22.89
To enroll in this pricing tier, you must have 400 domains registered at Epik. Still, for the remainder of this quarter and during this beta phase, I'm reaching out to select customers and domain investors to enroll. Once Investor Club is officially launched, you’ll be automatically enrolled should you meet the necessary portfolio requirements. Available payment methods are Credit Card, Wire, and Crypto.

As someone who has a growing interest in domain investment, I'm committed to bringing excellence and adding value to the industry. Your feedback is vital to help us achieve these goals. Please let us know about your experience during this trial so we can continue delivering the best experience for all domain owners. In the future, our Club members will have a dedicated sales team to assist with your Epik leads and ensure your account is managed well.

If you'd like to take advantage of this opportunity, please let us know.

Thank you for being an Epik customer!

Best Wishes,

Brian Royce

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any investor that keeps 400+ domains with Epik at this point should have their head examined.

•••
•••
I guess this domain noob Brian Royce finally realized that the total amount of people who are worried about being "deplatformed" is a tiny number. You can't build a business on that.

The pitch to domainers might work better if Epik did not owe millions of dollars to customers that were scammed by Epik's Masterbucks internal currency scheme and unlicensed escrow services.

epik_ceo.jpg

An Epik victim tells her story​

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/12/05/an-epik-victim-tells-her-story/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If u participated in Namepros more, @Rob Monster, wouldnt get this reception.

Neat idea; and i’d join; but you cant ignore concerns; which you’ve been doing before, up to this point. Happy you know NP exists. Please engage Namepros again; offered unique insights; how long those days again.

Last edited:
•••
If u participated in Namepros more, @Rob Monster, you wouldnt get this reception.

Neat idea; and i’d join; but you cant ignore concerns; which you’ve been doing before, up to this point. I’m happy you know NP exists.
Rob Monster has gone into hiding. You will notice he disappeared right as the shit hit the fan leaving everyone else to deal with the fallout.

Somehow this clueless clown Brian Royce has taken over as CEO. Things have only gotten worse under him.

It was confirmed by Brian Royce that Epik commingled "escrow" funds with other funds. Now they can't pay their debts.

Even after Rob was replaced as CEO, Epik continued to scam customers with their unlicensed escrow services, leaving them with worthless Masterbucks.

Epik owes millions of dollars to customers. They have owed the majority of these debts since Late August / Early September 2022.

Even as they have reportedly sold off assets, they are still not paying these customer debts. It seems they are either using the money to continue operations and/or it is going somewhere else.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Let's see, marginally better pricing vs. the risk of keeping 400+ domains at Epik. They must be kidding, right?

•••
In an email sent out to certain domainers today (assuming to only those that have over 400 domains at Epik), Epik announced their new Domain Investor Club:
@bhartzer unsubscribe from scammers now !

•••
•••
" Available payment methods are Credit Card, Wire, and Crypto."
What about Bucks ???

•••
" Available payment methods are Credit Card, Wire, and Crypto."
What about Bucks ???
Available payment methods are Credit Card, Wire, and Crypto.

Epik will not accept Masterbucks. They will only accept payment methods that have value.

The customers are stuck with the worthless Masterbucks.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Let me just say; if Epik is going under;
probably did for offering something ahead of their time.

My favorite epik product was and continues to be Forever domain; enough rent-payer’s mentality; speculating epik returning all forever before price hikes.

Regardless of the financial situation;
i appreciate they went out swinging for fences instead of the status quo & Godaddy monopoly. Is Godaddy still bigger than their next 10 competitors combined, btw? I appreciate like underdogs. Here to whatev future holds. @Rob Monster whoever advice hide.. worst advice ever.

Looks awful to an outside interloper; where r u?

Last edited:
•••
Let me just say; if Epik is going under;
they probably did doing something ahead of their time.

My favorite epik product was and continues to be Forever domain; enough rent-payer’s mentality; i speculate theyre returning all forever domains purchased before greedy Verisign price hikes.

Regardless of the fonancial situation;
i appreciate they went out swinging for fences instead of the status quo & Godaddy monopoly
I would say it is more related to corporate abuse.

Commingling escrow funds.
Commingling assets.
Poor accounting.

etc.

There is a reason the escrow field is heavily regulated, and it is to avoid this type of debacle.

If Escrow.com went under, the escrow funds are protected.
If a title company goes under, the escrow funds are protected.

If you follow industry standard practices this outcome is impossible.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
My favorite epik product was and continues to be Forever domain; enough rent-payer’s mentality; i speculate epik return all forever DN, before greedy Verisign price hikes.
Well, Epik has already collected all this money upfront.

What incentive does a broke company have to keep up with the renewals when there is no additional income?

You are just paying for the promise. At this point a promise from Epik is worth less than toilet paper.
Brian Royce has lied and mislead people over and over again.

Brad

•••
People are going through real world struggles because of Epik. This includes financial issues, health issues, and more.

@robmonster is not around. Brian Royce is an obtuse clown.

The victims have to deal with this fallout as Epik callously ignores them and continues to act like it is business as usual.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Epik was innovative registrar but now just copy godaddy strategy ...

•••
•••
Epik was innovative registrar but now just copy godaddy strategy ...
"new" old story
They had such discount before, buy more pay less. I got such email from my account manager 3years ago.

•••
jesus christ this is in total contradiction of his anti domainer tweet. shocking behaviour.

•••
@bhartzer Are mentioned prices including $0.18 ICANN fee?

•••
That was forwarded to me, actually.... I don't have any domains at Epik.
Then, tell your friends to unsubscribe from scammers now !

Last edited:
•••
If u participated in Namepros more, @Rob Monster, wouldnt get this reception.

Neat idea; and i’d join; but you cant ignore concerns; which you’ve been doing before, up to this point. Happy you know NP exists. Please engage Namepros again; offered unique insights; how long those days again.
I don't understand why you still idolize Rob despite of what he did to the Domain Community. He is a criminal.
If you still like him then contact him in private but don't confuse people.

•••
Back