alert Epik Had A Major Breach

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is pretty bad to ever have had any relationship with Nick Lim. It is well known what he stands for.

Brad

My own beliefs as a long time Human Rights and Environmental Intellectual and activist requires me to remain fair and impartial at all times as I want to help the Humanity as a whole to be able to ascend to a higher level of thinking and existence that is based on the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion without excluding or leaving anyone behind who wants to reform his or her ways.

Based on the above statement I feel that those of us who are familiar with Rob and that have gained a certain understanding of his character and personality through the discussions in this forum have to give Rob the benefit of the doubt that as a devout Christian he would have used any kind of relationship and association with the people around him to persuade them to become a good person (even if some were extremist or unsavory people) and perhaps that explains why some might be thinking of Rob as their mentor.

For those who don't hold any religious beliefs or views perhaps they can find some common grounds with others in wanting to become a Force For Good.

I personally don't like Racism and all the discrimination, suppression, oppression, and humiliation that goes along with it. But I also am not very happy with those who are obsessed in destroying Rob because of their political affiliations and agendas.

As a 360 degree activist I have been taking flak from all sides and I am personally sick and tired of all the abuse and animosities that are being dished out by the far right and the far left.

IMO

On a side note:

I have had some of my posts being deleted in this thread,

I believe that same as having a website being deleted by the Registrars or Hosting Companies if a post is going to be deleted here it has to be done by a panel of judges rather than being because of how a single moderator might feel about my views.

•••
has to be done by a panel of judges rather than being because of how a single moderator might feel about my views.

A panel of judges would not let Rob Monster use the internet again.

•••
A panel of judges would not let Rob Monster use the internet again.

If a fair and unbiased panel of judges comes to that conclusion So Be It.

I personally believe in giving people second chances to reform their old ways.

IMO

•••
I personally don't like Racism and all the discrimination, suppression, oppression, and humiliation that goes along with it. But I also am not very happy with those who are obsessed in destroying Rob because of their political affiliations and agendas.

Rob has put himself in this position via his decisions and actions. He is not some innocent victim in all of this. He was quite an active participant it pushing the divisiveness.

If you choose to associate yourself with the dredges of society, what do you really expect?

On top of that, you would think that when you champion your company as the "Swiss bank of domains" you would have much stronger cybersecurity. The only reason this is even a story, is because of that lack of cybersecurity and lax measures and poor protocols Epik used to secure the data that they were trusted to protect.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back in the Washington Post -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/09/25/epik-hack-fallout/

“This is like the mother of all data lodes because Epik was at the center of so many of the extremist websites and organizations that people like me study. Epik was the place of last refuge for a lot of these sites,” said Beirich, co-founder of the nonprofit Global Project Against Hate and Extremism. “And as the data is analyzed and looked at more deeply, we’re going to see this ecosystem in a way that was simply not possible before.”

Beirich said the identities of administrators and web developers and “the money flow” — how the sites stay afloat — are the kinds of details that for years have challenged even the most veteran hate trackers. The Epik hack might help connect the dots, she added.

Lots of other interesting stuff in this article as well, such as -

Epik also has a corporate overlap with VanwaTech, a company that, according to online records, has provided Internet services to the neo-Nazi site Daily Stormer and 8kun, the central node for spreading conspiracy theories central to the QAnon ideology.

Epik bought BitMitigate, a cybersecurity service that was protecting the Daily Stormer from online attacks, from VanwaTech’s owner, Nick Lim, in 2019. Though Epik reportedly severed its relationship with the neo-Nazi site, Lim became chief technical officer of Epik for a time while maintaining his ownership of VanwaTech, based in Vancouver, Wash.

Lim told The Post he remains a partial owner of Epik, and in a Bloomberg profile of Lim, he called Monster “a kind of mentor.” But an Epik spokesperson said the company “does not currently have a relationship with VanwaTech or its owner.”

It is pretty bad to ever have had any relationship with Nick Lim. It is well known what he stands for.

Brad

After a lot of reading, watching, listening, and reporting, I am confident to state that all of this comes down to money and profits. Hosting controversial, far-right, and hate-speech content is a very small niche. When you are the only one providing services to such sites, then you basically have the monopoly and these entities have to hire your services to stay online. Now, I cannot state with certainty whether Rob fully supports their stance or just tries to justify his business model with his version of Christianity.

Based on the above statement I feel that those of us who are familiar with Rob and that have gained a certain understanding of his character and personality through the discussions in this forum have to give Rob the benefit of the doubt that as a devout Christian he would have used any kind of relationship and association with the people around him to persuade them to become a good person (even if some were extremist or unsavory people) and perhaps that explains why some might be thinking of Rob as their mentor.

I don't think that turning a company into a cult of personality is a good idea. Rob can believe whatever he wants. But forcing your beliefs through your business does not sit well with a lot of people. Especially when those beliefs are at the very least tolerant of extreme and hateful ideology.

You have to ask yourself the question, what impression does my business make on potential clients if it is associated with this type of culture? Is it really worth it?

Last edited:
•••
As I said I am suffering from all these symptoms-
Domain PTSD, lack or no sex drive, loss of appetite ,loss of hair, loss of enjoyment in life, pain and suffering.....sleepless nites and excruciating frighten nightmares that my domains gone vanish....and worst still in this unprecedented ( I bet you have heard this word unpreceded billions of times already) times, it has excruciated my pain....

so what the F did I do wrong when the company that I trusted can't protect my personal data?
Will the CEO/founders and management be criminally charged and go to jail for jeopardizing the health and welfare of the customers?

Do they really care?
So who is going to pay for my mental therapy?? and other sufferings..

•••
Last edited:
•••
eeeko.png

Google docs Twitter

(Information overload... I'm not going to post anything more about ... )

Last edited:
•••
•••
We haven't heard much on this thread from the dozens of Epik employees on Namepros. Dan Sanchez added a few comments on page 17. I wonder if they have been muzzled.

•••
We haven't heard much on this thread from the dozens of Epik employees on Namepros. Dan Sanchez added a few comments on page 17. I wonder if they have been muzzled.

I don't think Dan is with E anymore.... Not sure though. And yes, they've been pretty silent lately but that started before the hack as far as I have noticed.

•••
It makes sense for Epik to limit what it says about the hack other than the customer and breach notifications. Right now, the political narrative is the dominant one and it, more so than the number of Epik customers and non-customers affected, is the focus of the media. That's unlikely to change unless mysterious charges start appearing on credit cards. Stolen domain names may be a bit obscure to people outside the industry but creditcard fraud is something that is widely understood. Epik has already been criticised for having poor security but the focus of the narrative could shift rapidly if the media does not lose interest.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Epik now needs to enable username change!
Password - changed!
Email - changed!
Username - unable to change!

@Rob Monster told me not allowin name change “security reasons”

I beg to differ, Sir!

Dynadot and NameSilo allow it.

Time to reconsider, if re-writing epik code, yes?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Some days ago received an email from Have i been pawned regarding data breach.
Just now got an email from spycloud regarding data breach.
Everyone has been “pwned” if popular email

But yes, this will get added to “pwned” site lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
A breakdown of domain names on Epik by admin/owner.
Which starts with domainers with thousands of domains (some familiar admin contacts are revealed) and ends with endusers managing 1 domain (many simply purchased a markerplace listing?). For an outside reader, they are all "far right and nazi supportes" now, aren't they? Taking in account the context...

Last edited:
•••
Which starts with domainers with thousands of domains (some familiar admin contacts are revealed) and ends with endusers managing 1 domain (many simply purchased a markerplace listing?). For an outside reader, they are all "far right and nazi supportes" now, aren't they? Taking in account the context...
That's the political narrative, unfortunately. What is interesting is how Epik has managed to gain so many domainer portfolio customers in the last few years. As a market segment, it is heavily driven by costs and customer service.

Regards...jmcc

•••
It also appears that high management was simply unaware of the security problems. They (for example, intelli name - is one of the top registrants by numbers) have their own domains with Epik. Nobody forced them to consolidate domains with this registrar...

Last edited:
•••
That's the political narrative, unfortunately. What is interesting is how Epik has managed to gain so many domainer portfolio customers in the last few years. As a market segment, it is heavily driven by costs and customer service.

Regards...jmcc

That kind of shows in the data also. I did find this snippet interesting from the Washington Post article -

"About 2 percent of the invoices since 2019 were for more than $10; nearly half were for less than a dollar."

Last edited:
•••
That kind of shows in the data also. I did find this snippet interesting from the Washington Post article -

"About 2 percent of the invoices since 2019 were for more than $10; nearly half were for less than a dollar."
I think that Epik has a substantial number of new gTLD domain names hosted. (It may be around 75K or so from the last ICANN registry report (May 2021.))

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
I don't have time to read this whole thread but I will before my video exposing Rob Monster and Epik. In the mean time let me give my opinion on this "hack":

1) Rob is a notorious liar. He lied about his DDoS service. He lied about VPN service. He had no concern for his users privacy. He attacked me and several other people who simple pointed out this fact and warned others.
2) Rob has tried to highjack many developing "free speech" projects by pretending to be interested in purchasing them.
3) The hosting "company" he bought was literally 2 kids in England with a couple of racked servers that were serving lolicon to EU users and Gab.
4) Rob has threated to sue me for simply telling the truth because I was concerned for his users.
5) Rob has tried to get me banned from any site we were both on for simply telling the truth.
6) Rob tried to force me to take down my videos exposing the lies of gab and andrew torba.
7) Rob kind of even subtly hinted a couple times about killing me (see attachment). every time I would call him for lying about his products he would say "court day or judgement day, they are coming soon" or something to that effect.

Rob has never respected user privacy and security and he has always been antagonistic toward real "free speech" projects that could not be bought off or manipulated.

IMHO I honestly believe that Rob Monster intentionally left the doors open for the hackers in an attempt to hurt conservatives and real Christians. Rob is a psychopath, he is not a saved man.

Attachments

• epik threats reply.png
    epik threats reply.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 198
  • monster threats.png
    monster threats.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 198
•••
IMHO I honestly believe that Rob Monster intentionally left the doors open for the hackers in an attempt to hurt conservatives and real Christians. Rob is a psychopath, he is not a saved man.

I don't think so. Greed and easy money blinded him. Money is what drives the business. Not politics or religion. To upgrade the code and the infrastructure is very costly. Now the money machine broke. Now everyone is waiting for the resolution.

Edit: When Rob saw far-right and neo-nazi sites being dropped, he saw that as an opportunity to cash in on clients no one else wanted to touch with a 2 foot pole.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think so. Greed and easy money blinded him. Money is what drives the business. Not politics or religion. To upgrade the code and the infrastructure is very costly. Now the money machine broke. Now everyone is waiting for the resolution.

I know Rob. What drives him is his ego, his desire to be the center and control everything and everyone, to be the great moderator in the sky. He is an evil and malicious guy that is capable of anything. The Christian talk is just that, talk. He uses it to disarm people and get control of them. No real Bible believing, born again Christians talk like that. I am one and I have met some the best Christian men in the world and none of them talk that much hyper-spiritual nonsense and do so while LYING.

Also, he has $32 million in the bank.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, so everyone who hosted a domain or website at EPIK is perfectly safe, no need to worry about your IP, name, physical address, credit card details or passwords because @robmonster put a curse on the data personally so all those hackers' computers will blow-up. These are the wild claims of an arrogant man possessed with devils.

Attachments

• curses on data.mp4
    183.3 KB · Views: 113
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back