alert Epik Had A Major Breach

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't suppose anyone has a transcript? They kept talking over each other, and I'm too sleep deprived to tolerate that nonsense. Combine that with the guy who kept yelling into his mic, and it's quite difficult to follow on a Friday night after a long week.

Yeah, I am not sure what the deal is with that random guy screaming every so often but you can still hear most of the stuff that is said pretty crystal clear.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
September 16, 2021 - 30min - Steven Monacelli conversation with CEO of Epik Robert Monster

I've just watched part of that video and just turned it off, because i couldn't work out what kind of meeting i was watching :xf.confused:

Lots of screaming and there's a guy there proudly displaying a nazi tattoo on his chest.

Most people on NamePros have been waiting to hear from Rob for days, a site where most Epik customers hang out, a site which Rob himself spends quite a bit of time on, a site that voted Epik registrar of the year, something Rob was proud of, yet he hasn't showed his face, the first video i see of Rob talking about what as happened, these are the guys who have the exclusive interview and are the first people he talks to about it.

Why is that?

Last edited:
•••
Most people on NamePros have been waiting to hear from Rob for days, a site where most Epik customers hang out, a site where Rob himself spends quite a bit of time on, a site that voted Epik registar of the year, something Rob was proud of, yet he hasn't showed his face, yet first video i see of Rob talking about what as happened, these are the guys who have exclusive interview and are the first people he talks to about it?

Why is that?

Good question...

Brad

•••
Why is that?

Good question...

Brad

Turning a couple of Lemons into Lemonade.

lemons5.jpg

Last edited:
•••
September 16, 2021 - 30min - Steven Monacelli conversation with CEO of Epik Robert Monster

this zoom - FaceTime is 30 minutes of time that could have went into composing a letter as to what exact customers data was breached ..fight your fights on your time epik .. not the consumers .. when we are sitting here waiting for a response of what financial items of ours are in the hands of hackers .. it’s business not personal .. business .. please handle your business .. to the consumers.. I need to know as well as all the consumers … now we are into days with no confirmation … this is very bad

Last edited:
•••
What you need to know?
How deep is their hole???

•••
this zoom - FaceTime is 30 minutes of time that could have went into composing a letter as to what exact customers data was breached ..fight your fights on your time epik .. not the consumers .. when we are sitting here waiting for a response of what financial items of ours are in the hands of hackers .. it’s business not personal .. business .. please handle your business .. to the consumers.. I need to know as well as all the consumers … now we are into days with no confirmation … this is very bad

It was a 4+ hour meeting. That was just the segment to celebrate getting a certain doxing site removed, i believe.

New article is up:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/epik-ceos-live-video-response-hacking-inciden/

•••
"nearly stolen".

B/S.

Why is it BS? It's what Rob said.

"The Daily Dot was present in the meeting for nearly four hours, where Monster publicly admitted that his company had been breached. Monster alleged that he believed a backup of the company’s data had been hacked and stated that one hacker had almost successfully stolen $100,000 from his Coinbase account with information found in the breach."

•••
Rob … a 4 hour video conference and the customers still have not been informed of their losses ??? really !! Your coinbase account almost had money stolen because the hackers released or tried to take the money … what about other people’s financial properties that have sat here wondering what exactly has happened .. what financials do these hackers have in their hands ..

Extremely disappointing… what is epik waiting for ??

Last edited:
•••
It was a 4+ hour meeting. That was just the segment to celebrate getting a certain doxing site removed, i believe.

New article is up:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/epik-ceos-live-video-response-hacking-inciden/
Rob is way off track with all the religious and "left vs right" BS. His association with this type of nutty element is a disgrace. Certainly, that doesn't excuse the hack, but seriously, I have a really hard time dealing with the philosophical elements of his schtick. There are plenty of "smart" people. Rob's intelligence is not above average. The rest of the noise about left and right is just that...bs noise. Totally unprofessional and Epik is probably just in it for the money.

•••
•••
Rob … a 4 hour video conference and the customers still have not been informed of their losses ??? really !! Your coinbase account almost had money stolen because the hackers released or tried to take the money … what about other people’s financial properties that have sat here wondering what exactly has happened .. what financials do these hackers have in their hands ..

Extremely disappointing… what is epik waiting for ??

It's a protocol - The regulated Incident Response Protocol (IRP) dictates how to act. The IRP includes legal and communication risks (damage control), ....etc + who should be compensated.

•••
I've just watched part of that video and just turned it off, because i couldn't work out what kind of meeting i was watching :xf.confused:

Lots of screaming and there's a guy there proudly displaying a nazi tattoo on his chest.

Most people on NamePros have been waiting to hear from Rob for days, a site where most Epik customers hang out, a site which Rob himself spends quite a bit of time on, a site that voted Epik registrar of the year, something Rob was proud of, yet he hasn't showed his face, the first video i see of Rob talking about what as happened, these are the guys who have the exclusive interview and are the first people he talks to about it.

Why is that?

In his defense, everyone was free to join. Hence some less lovable people decided to join in. Getting your point though.

this zoom - FaceTime is 30 minutes of time that could have went into composing a letter as to what exact customers data was breached

Don't worry... I'm sure the other Rob is busy writing a 100 pages longs press release with all kinds of conspiracies to blame.

•••

It's a protocol - The regulated Incident Response Protocol (IRP) dictates how to act. The IRP includes legal and communication risks (damage control), ....etc + who should be compensated.

I just want to know what financials are in the hands of the hackers … the consumers have damage control to take care of .. I thought we consumers would be notified before now .. or at least by now … instead I view a shit show video taking place while I am wondering about my financials .

Last edited:
•••
Don't worry... I'm sure the other Rob is busy writing a 100 pages longs press release with all kinds of conspiracies to blame.

rofl :nailbiting:

•••

As for the protocol, I think them not taking the time to communicate in a reasonable and expected manner is what is gonna be their downfall. Not the hack itself.

Last edited:
•••
I just want to know what financials are in the hands of the hackers … the consumers have damage control to take care of .. I thought we consumers would be notified before now .. or at least by now … instead I view a shit show video taking place while I am wondering about my financials .

I think (I think) that most of the $ data was auto-modified before tor . By who, I don't know. Anyway, they're interested in specific whois - reg. names + data related to the x-movement. Some of the DN whales data is jumbled. imo

Last edited:
•••
I think (I think) that most of the $ data was auto-modified before tor . By who, I don't know. Anyway, they're interested in specific whois - reg. names related to the x-movement. Some of the DN whales data is jumbled. imo

I agree; much of the data seems to have been tampered with. I'm rather concerned that there's going to be a second drop once Epik publishes a response, or that additional data will be sold behind-the-scenes without researchers being able to access and analyze it in a timely manner.

Last edited:
•••
Act according to the worst scenario...
Nobody will care about your money except you.

•••
Last edited:
•••
additional data will be sold behind-the-scenes without researchers being able to access and analyze it in a timely manner.

Not a matter of if, but when that will happen.

Edit: I would advise anyone with payment info on file to either cancel of lock the associated CCs. If you need domains to be renewed, I'd definitely consider to transfer them instead untill further notice of the depths of this breach.

Last edited:
•••

Real brain trust.

•••
Real brain trust.

Yeah, tried to watch it earlier but it made me cringe so much. I seriously feel for Rob. He's not a bad guy but there's no reasoning with the lowlifes in that chat.

No matter what side you're on, when you go dark, you join the lowlife club imo.

•••
Some credit cards offer a virtual / one time credit card number that ties to your account.

This is what I have done with online services in the past (including Epik). In my case, it's not one-time use (although it could be, depending on how one uses it). I'm able to set the date of expiration and even the amount on the virtual card(s). I can delete it at any time and/or make new ones.

I have removed the stored virtual card from the account for the time being, but might set up another one in the future, if necessary.

•••
Yeah, tried to watch it earlier but it made me cringe so much. I seriously feel for Rob. He's not a bad guy but there's no reasoning with the lowlifes in that chat.

No matter what side you're on, when you go dark, you join the lowlife club imo.

the “Leave” or “Weave” dude with the swastika tattoo is a complete mental fucker .. it’s people like them that don’t have a place in society

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back