alert Epik Had A Major Breach

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How is that now how it works? I paid with my mastercard to Epik and then Epik registers the domain and pays. Whomever processes Epik's credit card transactions then dumps their payments less transaction fees into their bank account most likely on a daily basis.
As far as I'm aware, it's not how it works. Epik (or any Registrar) has to deposit funds with Verisign and have their account in credit before they can sell anything. If their pre-funding with the Registry is exhausted, the domain won't be registered. So there is a bit of a barrier to entry for new registrars as they need to have good old cash available for this.

•••
•••
Silly question.

Has there ever in the history of NP been a thread to reach 100 pages in a shorter time than this thread?

Gotta hand it to the trolls though. They can produce the content. Redundant and misguided but it sure does drive up the page views. I think their popcorn is over-salted and too greasy.

Fortunately, it pairs with LEMONADE.

upload_2021-10-12_18-1-8.png

Last edited:
•••
Are your ideas so weak you can't defend them without violence?
Every day, I wake up, and I choose violence.

•••
Very recently we (DNProtect) have been contacted to deal with 2 different cases, both unrelated to each other. They both involved stolen domains. Once the thiefs gained access to the servers, they started transferring domains to other registrars (stealing the domains). 1 incident involved about 50 domains, the other just a few domains.

None of these were on Epik's servers. One was on GoDaddy, the other on Blue Host.

Do you really think it is appropriate to be talking about your clients issues. Also, this is a thread meant to discuss the Epik hack. I simply don't believe you. The fact that you, as an Epik employee, would come here and throw your other clients under the buss @GoDaddy in an attempt to deflect from the point of this thread shows that Monster found someone as dishonest as himself to fill in for him since he has been so discredited. No one should or would believe a word Monster says so it stands to reason that he would hire someone else to lie for him, as he has done many times.

The culture hasn't changed because Rob Monster is what he is. You are just more attempts to cover that up.

Last edited:
•••
Epik is a launching a new browser that will store all your login creds in one place. What could possibly go wrong.

Attachments

• monster browser.png
    monster browser.png
    757.8 KB · Views: 140
•••
•••
what's wrong
4-6 Weeks before the hack(s) were made public Rob Monster was given $32,000,000 for a minority share or Epik, with no board seat. This is very strange considering Epik, a 10 yo company, does far less than a million in revenue and was not profitable. We don't know who this "investor" is yet but according to Rob in his live stream, he is a like-minded "free speech" advocate that had his front man reach out first. Sounds like classic Thiel and Giesea to me.

The hackers aren't going to tell us because they all work for Thiel as well.

•••
Haven't heard from him for long time...long silence...unheard from a guy who loves to brag...

Anybody from Epik got sued or gone to jail?

Yeah, those 32 silver coins he got are probably very heavy.

•••
It was a joke.
Is there any evidence of them receiving such money?

We only know of Mr Monster's $32,000,000 pay day from his own words during his infamous live stream.

•••
Epik will host websites from Russia ??

•••
The Kiwi Farms issue is a separate one than the Epik Breach that occurred, so it shouldn't it be separated out into another thread?
just pray a little
the lord will help
that's for sure

•••
@robmonster seems to have gone full on Bill Gates in attempt to clean up his rep and deflect away from the ongoing Epik hack and soothe his faltering ego. I was honestly expecting some form of fake penance or self-flagellation before going back to full on saint mode but, nope. I guess a year of credit monitoring is all anyone is gonna get.

PS. Hopefully there are no more Steve Jobs ever in the world. He was a terrible human.

Attachments

• ae gaggd.png
    ae gaggd.png
    850.6 KB · Views: 80
  • e twery thrwhrt.png
    e twery thrwhrt.png
    93 KB · Views: 79
  • ewrtweter.png
    ewrtweter.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 77
  • ewv6w5.png
    ewv6w5.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
•••
As a lawyer, that's an interesting set of assertions there. Could you please:

1. Identify the federal "hate speech laws" for which the FBI is showing up at people's houses and for which they are going to jail. Please simply identify the federal law or laws in question, without rambling on, since I'd be interested to know which federal law you mean to suggest is being enforced by the FBI here.

For reference, the general index to the US code is here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I

I would be fascinated to read the federal hate speech laws, and understand what are the penalties under them.

2. Alternatively, perhaps you might identify a person whom the FBI arrested for violation of these federal "hate speech laws".

Thank you. Not looking to argue about anything, but would like to understand the factual basis for your apparent belief that the FBI is showing up at people's houses and jailing them for violating "hate speech laws".
I never said that the US has official "hate speech" laws and your attempt to claim I did is a transparent attempt to deflect from the very simple fact that Ron Monster LIED about Epik products and services, he knowingly and intentionally LIED with no concern for others and to make money, lots of money. Why don't you check on the code for fraud, that would at least be in context to this thread.

That being said, what we do know so far, regarding the legal fallout of Epik customers is:
1) Many people, US residents have lost their jobs. (discussed earlier in this thread)
2) Some folks in other countries eg Canada and EU have been charged with hate speech laws (discussed earlier in this thread and there have been others that can't speak)
3) Many US residents have had their personal lives turned upside down and reputations hurt.
4) Many people have had the FBI show up at their doors, eg oathkeepers and many people have been implicated in the current witch hunts taking place and are being coerced in all sorts of ways. The data that came from the Epik hacks is being used to prosecute people as we speak, check the news.

PS unless you are attorney related specifically to the topic at hand to open with "as an attorney" is borderline fraud and full on very suspect.

Last edited:
•••
So basically if this is true. He took the money to allow access to sites so government could throw freedom of speech under the bus ?

Just a theory but my best guess is he took the money from Thiel, and thiel, working with govt hacked epik and published data so feds could use to prosecute the actual conservatives and Christians on the right, leaving Thiel's network of weirdos to run the right. Kind of like a mafia guy working with feds to get rid of other mafia family. eg whitey bulger.

•••
The irony of all this drama is that the antifa woke hacker types are the exact same sort of people as Rob Monster. They are both committing crimes with no concern for others and they both just want fame, money and to force their ideas and themselves on others and they have no problem using intimidation or threats or censorship against anyone who stands in their way.

•••
What a whole lot of garbage blaming Epik . That breach happened about a year ago .

Think you are trying to stir the pot .

Last edited:
•••
4-6 Weeks before the hack(s) were made public Rob Monster was given $32,000,000 for a minority share or Epik, with no board seat. This is very strange considering Epik, a 10 yo company, does far less than a million in revenue and was not profitable. We don't know who this "investor" is yet but according to Rob in his live stream, he is a like-minded "free speech" advocate that had his front man reach out first. Sounds like classic Thiel and Giesea to me.

The hackers aren't going to tell us because they all work for Thiel as well.

•••
Many 1/6 protestors being ID'ed and coerced and prosecuted and convicted because of the Epik hack data. There are a lot of interesting and complicated people pretty mad at Rob Monster now that everyone knows what he really is and I really don't think his billionaire buddies and fed friends are going to be able help him and his. To read the full story on Rob Monster's treachery read this: https://providencepost.com/a-monster-of-epik-proportions/ and keep reading the govt docs being released and pay attention to the evidence being used to prosecute for conspiracy. Rob should probably start whistling blow right about now and pretend he was just being used as a dup.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back