NameSilo

Epik.com Promo Deals and Happy Hour Mega-Thread

Located in Domain Coupons and Offers, started by Sufyan Alani, Aug 9, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

yes... I am curious how it works for ,io also... i mean dyna 28$.... couple more places even less... then an insulting out of this planet $60 or so at unireg... even more at some other less known places we don't care for nor use.. . so yes.. its all over the place... makes you wonder whats going on.. i mean are we being ripped off or what? is it all about registrars like epik unireg trying to maximize profit on these or what? not judging, just trying to understand. I mean if dyna charges 27$ and epik 40$ or so... does it mean epik makes $13 more? I Don't mind, happy for them.. juust not happy for me.

as for ,co, lets remember that .co tranasfer promos or discounts are virutally non existent. or just non existent period. in my 5 years of domaining, i cannot remember now anything other than a lame couple bucks off on already overinflated namecheap regular prices, to transfer .co to them.. and even this hardly worth the time promo was once a year.

maybe its a registry thing.. maybe not... but I guess this is how .co and registrars make money.. charging 20-40$ per .co renewal/transfer.. while we can easily find all day long .co to register for $10 or so.. across a good few registrars. no promo needed

in short, expect .co reg promos from time to time.. but as you said, not often... and basically forget about .co renewal or transfer promos. its the realistic thing to do.

of course I hope they happen. like everyone else. but thats hope, not reality :)

cheers all

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ecomslice

ecomslice Top Contributor VIP

I 100% agree, I know they do all they can. I just hope to hear the .co registry is being hammered for a long-deserved transfer or renewal deal. OR , we will feed our endless hours effort into portfolios into their 1% hands.f

if all my time goes into feeding the rich, I will quit domaining, profitable or not.
    just my 2 cents.

3. bluestorm21

bluestorm21 Established Member

I would love to see .co registration offer as well, .io is very desirable too

4. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Well Godaddy now controls .co, so some things might change, you might see a lot of promos from their channel. Also .co revenue share has now increased to 81% payable to Colombia... those are slim margins, as only 19% left.

5. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

is there any way to know if the intro of prem prices last year is making .co more revenue or less?

6. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I am sure it is a shift of revenue from domainer to registry, prior to blocks you could buy name for $1-10 promo and flip for $50-$500 quickly, but they have taken than stream for themselves.

7. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

No, you are not alone. The 'alerts' slowly stop coming in and eventually stop.

8. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

well i guess we all agree that it is a positive move then for them, revenue wise yes? how much more profitable, I guess we will never know as they do not post revenue and earnings to compare to.

if such prem pricing schemes, which .co did.. and now apparently .biz is doing, is such an obvious and clearcut way to increase registry profits... then why aren't all extensions doing it? are there some legal or other things preventing them?

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

I realize by posting I am contributing to the problem, but while the discussion of what people want to see is interesting and good feedback, it does make finding deals when announced, or even noticing them, more challenging.

What about splitting into two threads going forward. One only for Epik staff announcing start, close or changes in promotions, including short term whale transfer opportunities, then a second thread to discuss what people want to see. Implementation issues should continue in the Discuss your Epik Experience thread (or directly via support).

Bob

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  10. ecomslice

ecomslice Top Contributor VIP

I was not aware, but this wont surprise me to be true, . Great , now this market contributes to the cocain and crack trade. Ive been to south America, and all big business owners are tied to it. see you all in hell.

11. elmoney

elmoney Top Contributor VIP

Transfer 8.49 now

12. Bohdan

Bohdan Established Member

Transfer promo needed for bunch of domains @epik

13. Jonathan Beadle

Jonathan Beadle Established Member

I thought namepros members got a discount on .com reg?

Logged in or out i see $8.49

14. Sufyan Alani

Sufyan Alani Established Member Epik.com Staff

NamePros pricing can only be seen when you're logged in.
    If you still don't see it even after logging-in then, please PM me your username/email address, and I'll take a look from my side.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  15. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It's still 8.49 for NP members. I just tried by logging in and using a dummy domain mysdkfsfda.com and it showed 8.49. In fact, I registered a domain two days ago and was also charged 8.49.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  16. howudoin8

howudoin8 Top Contributor VIP

PM with details Sent.

17. ET76

ET76 Top Contributor VIP

PM sent

18. DKN

DKN Top Contributor VIP

PM Sent

19. Sufyan Alani

Hi Kassey,
    Are you trying to register or renew?
    Please note that .COM registrations are $8.49 for all.
    Discount on renewals & discounts on other extensions will be seen under your NamePros pricing tier.
    Let me know if you're having issues & I'll take a look.

20. Domain_savvy

Domain_savvy Established Member

@Sufyan Alani when are we having .co promo? I thought it was next after .com

21. howudoin8

& I thought it was .ORG Transfer Promo after COM & ORG Registration Promo.

22. Sufyan Alani

There is really a good chance that you're psychic, as I was just writing an email to the registry to confirm a few hanging details for this one.

Expect it soon. VERY SOON.

23. howudoin8

24. bluestorm21

bluestorm21 Established Member

what about .io ? is there any surprise soon?

25. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

When I registered a new domain a few days ago, I paid 8.49. I have a small batch of domains ready to transfer to Epik and I just tried. It's also 8.49 when I was signed in already.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice