Dynadot

Epik.com Promo Deals and Happy Hour Mega-Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sufyan Alani

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I'm creating this post to keep you all informed of Epik.com Happy Hours!
Every day, we'll try to discount an extension and give you the chance to register & invest in this extension.

Today, we're featuring .US extension, and we're discounting it to $1.50 for new registrations starting now, and will be ON for the next 5 hours.

The following is a list of all domain names that have been registered previously before under .US, and are available one more time for registration: https://armored.net/index.php/s/t9rf2GLm4JktQWn

Remember, all domains registered at Epik include:
- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Here is also a link to ALL promos that we're currently running, in case you wanted to look into something different: https://www.epik.com/promos/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, let me know what extensions you'd be interested to see featuring in our future Happy Hours! We'll do our best to accommodate all requests.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
small contribution, @Grilled
I respect both the company's efforts and the supporters.
Done 3 Registration order
Its just a kind gesture of supporters. I think that's the main motive of us minnows

This was exactly the point. To show respect for their efforts. Thank yall for participating!

Some members talk like Epik needs to have discounts/deals for every festive holidays in their countries -_- If that was the case then Epik should be re-named to "EpikCharity.org"

Here's the thing, I am not a charity either.

Yet, I find myself overpaying on domain registrations and transfers, simply because I want to support epik.

Whether or not they appreciate my minnow transactions, based on the below quote, is likely indicative of the quality of my domains, likelihood of them selling, and epik taking a sales cut, thus allowing new ventures to be funded, salaries to be paid, and company valuation to grow. At least that's how I interpreted it as.

E.g. Epik doesn't want to lose money... who does. So what I hear them telling me, is to register a domain elsewhere at a discount, and wait for a transfer special (as we too aren't charities and some of us watch our margins), and then, we'll have a domain registered at epik for around 1 year and 10 months of registration time, after subtracting from a 60 day transfer lock. But that's just me, my interpretation, and my opinion, knowing limited information about epik's bigger picture.

Seeing they'd probably be happier to see a $X,XXX sale within their platform then for me to spend $XXX on regs and transfers.

- As for loss-making promos, we'll place an emphasis on transfer incentives, especially for loyal customers who are consolidating and using our marketplace to sell, finance, and lease domains.

- Our commitment going forward is to be a price-leader for domain investors. We make money when you make money, i.e. when you sell or lease to an end-user. Otherwise, we actually lose on domainers.

I'll guess I'll just have to wait for those 1% type whales to surface. 🐳🐋

#RegisterOrTransferNowButWatchOutForExpiredDay16

Last edited:
•••
Just transferred 5 at regular price— a first for me 😂 I am just going to have to sit on others

•••
any whale offer coming in recently?

•••
any whale offer coming in recently?
This Santa Whale was seen in Rob´s Pool today.

upload_2019-12-19_9-54-19.jpeg

•••
Any Christmas or New year deals on Epiks calendar?

•••
•••
What have Santa and his Elves cooked up for Christmas this year,

Merry Christmas and thanks for all the special discounts so far. :)

PS: Why doesn't NamePros have a Christmas emoji.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Sorry for double post.

Christmas get out of jail free card

Samer

Last edited:
•••
This Santa Whale was seen in Rob´s Pool today.

Show attachment 139381

That is too cute a photo to ignore or resist.

Two promos for next few hours -- until the CFO tells me to stop holding dollar bills to the flame.

.INFO transfers for $9.99
.COM transfers and registrations for $7.99

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Two promos for next few hours -- until the CFO tells me to stop holding dollar bills to the flame.

.INFO transfers for $9.99
.COM transfers and registrations for $7.99
While I am distracting your CFO in a Christmas chatroom to finish my transfer preparation (auth codes, unlocking) in time, I am so free as to repost this being sure that only a minority of users took notice of this long awaited discount.

•••
Thanks, another batch gone to Epik. I like the idea of paying first (to enjoy any promo deal) and then transferring later at my own time.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Do you have any transfer promo for .com?

There is nothing on the books but perhaps one last one for 2019 on Monday. It depends on who shows up with the big portfolios to migrate.

If there are folks with large portfolios that are struggling on ROI from portfolio performance, have them PM @DanSanchez or I and we'll figure it out.

Whatever deal the whales get, we bring back to everyone else .

Last edited:
•••
Y'all want some 2019 year-end love from Epik?

Here are two new year-end promos by popular request:

1. The .COM registrations and transfers will be $7.99 from now until Tuesday 1 PM PT.

2. We'll also offer a deposit bonus of 5% for anyone who is planning a big spend in 2020 but needs to recognize expense in 2019.

Thanks for a great 2019 -- a year of notable progress and foundation building.

@Sufyan Alani
@DanSanchez

•••
oOoOh gr8! I just xfer'd like 4 jus now! :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
Thanks Rob but how does the deposit bonus work? Is there a minimum sum? Can a deposit today be used for renewals tomorrow (i.e. before the end of the year)?

•••
Thanks Rob but how does the deposit bonus work? Is there a minimum sum? Can a deposit today be used for renewals tomorrow (i.e. before the end of the year)?

In principal, you could do deposit and immediately spend. That would be fine since a deposit via wire transfer saves on fees so it is partly a win-win.

The main point is that for people who know for sure they are buying domain-related services, they can deposit funds in 2019 as non-redeemable Epik account credit.

We are also looking at introducing a feature where non-redeemable account credit can accrue a return. The attached 1 page agreement is draft but illustrates the point of a ~6% annualized return on balances.

Attachments

• Epik Fund Builder Agreement.doc
    35 KB · Views: 81
•••
Hello Rob,

I sent $100 by wire to pre-fund my account 10 days ago but do not see this sum in my in-store balance. Also did not received reply to the ticket created for this case. Is this delay because of holidays or is there any issue on transaction?

Thanks

•••
•••
Hello Rob,

I sent $100 by wire to pre-fund my account 10 days ago but do not see this sum in my in-store balance. Also did not received reply to the ticket created for this case. Is this delay because of holidays or is there any issue on transaction?

Thanks
Try a dummy checkout, and at payment screen you will see if you have a credit in any of the internal deposit systems.

•••
•••
Hello Rob,

Thanks
Hello Rob,

Thanks

I think I found it:

upload_2019-12-31_16-7-45.png

And credited your account -- I believe I got the right one.

In the future, if you do wire funds, do it here:

https://registrar.epik.com/account/add-balance-funds/

It can also be done via wire transfer that way and it sets up a ledger entry so that when the wire arrives, we can match it up in order to credit it to your account.

As you can see from the bank ledger entry, the Payoneer payment was an unlabeled ACH. As a result, it did fall through the cracks until someone claimed it. Mystery solved!

•••
I think I found it:

Show attachment 140387
And credited your account -- I believe I got the right one.

In the future, if you do wire funds, do it here:

https://registrar.epik.com/account/add-balance-funds/

It can also be done via wire transfer that way and it sets up a ledger entry so that when the wire arrives, we can match it up in order to credit it to your account.

As you can see from the bank ledger entry, the Payoneer payment was an unlabeled ACH. As a result, it did fall through the cracks until someone claimed it. Mystery solved!

Thanks, Rob.

I sent in this way to check how works wire transaction and so that you will not be charged bank card processing fees. Next time I will add funds as you described.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back