Domain Empire

.info Enuff .info already

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
[Begin rant] Jeez, with that free offer recently, all I'm seeing here is .infos. There's .infos for sale, for auction, for appraisal, for discussion and expired .infos. I haven't seen many good ones even. I hope the madness ends soon. [End rant] >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol, it was guaranteed to happen, it will calm doon shortly I am sure.

Especially when most realise what they registered was not that great anyway.

•••
Hurry, I think these are available --

Igotit4freebutITSurz4fivebux.info
buymyfreeinfodomain.info
domainsitefreebie4sale.info

•••
thanks for the heads up acts837,

yeah, i think i can apraze 95% of the .info's as reg fee. and now that reg fee is 0 i dont think anyone wants to hear that.

•••
spikedo said:
[Begin rant] Jeez, with that free offer recently, all I'm seeing here is .infos. There's .infos for sale, for auction, for appraisal, for discussion and expired .infos. I haven't seen many good ones even. I hope the madness ends soon. [End rant] >:(

Not even a week into the promotion and look whats happening.....Affilias are you listening?

•••
Some say the offer is over this month .... But I think I've read that it ends in December ~ Maybe some things will get back to normal sooner .....

•••
Afilias should make it only a week MAX long, not leave it for ever, it's hurting everyone... i mean it's great to have a free .info, but not something that will allow people to abuse the system and just park their domains. I mean, by the time this is over, I'll bet there'll be as many .com's as .info's!!

•••
why did people start giving away free .infos? they used to be worth something untill now :(

•••
If you don't like hearing .info domains then don't appraise them.

But this one is aviable:

i--l--i--k--e--d--a--s--h--e--s.info (worst thing I could think of at the top of my head)

•••
lol who cares, .coms were free a long time ago, so .info is trying to do the same and get more popular.

•••
i think info will neve get popular by doing this when the .com is so well established

•••
Ive got a lot of good ones, but domainsite went down with that overload so i stopped for two days. Went back to finish my 25 and cant find a decent one left.

I doubt ill sell them all but i am starting 5-6 new sites.

•••
kaliboy2g said:
Ive got a lot of good ones, but domainsite went down with that overload so i stopped for two days. Went back to finish my 25 and cant find a decent one left.

I doubt ill sell them all but i am starting 5-6 new sites.
yeah, i got good ones but then got stuffed fromthe downtime of domainsite

•••
what gets me is that with free registration, people are regging the absolutely most awful .infos i've ever seen... i mean why not spend the 20 minutes and get some decent ones? that you can sell later... even if you only sell each for $1, you still make money right? :) cheers,
john

•••
johnny6 said:
what gets me is that with free registration, people are regging the absolutely most awful .infos i've ever seen... i mean why not spend the 20 minutes and get some decent ones? that you can sell later... even if you only sell each for $1, you still make money right? :) cheers,
john

I agree. There are still good ones out there. Just take the time to check google and overture stats, and use your common sense. Just an hour ago my wife regged four good ones :

hardwarez.info
monger.info
mongers.info
weddingcoordinator.info

Not bad for a total newb, IMO.

You only get 25 each, folks. So use them well and don't throw them away on trash! :)

•••
Apollo, did your wife setup a separate account for herself?

Thanks.

•••
webscorpion said:
Apollo, did your wife setup a separate account for herself?

Thanks.

Yes. Although she required some help, and I gave her some domain ideas, she had her own wavelength, and made up her own mind. I'm hoping to at least get her slightly hooked on domaining and what we do as webmasters, so she would understand all my late nights working and why some names get me excited. She's actually enthusiastic about her last pick (weddingcoordinator.info) which she thinks she has a lot of material and contacts for, at least in our city. Its a bit long, but taken in other extensions, and is a thriving industry.

•••
WeddingCoordinator.info is sure nice. Has decent Overture and Wordtracker results. Maybe she'll turn out beating you in your own game :)

Really, the reason I asked is because of the 25 max limit per registrant. You have the same IP right? Won't the registrar consider that as circumventing the max allowable free registration?

Of course we don't really know if they're going to put sanctions on "over registrations".

Thanks.

•••
Is that leagal? I mean can i have everyone in my family set up an account and get 25 free domains?

•••
.coms were free? Where and when?

killaklown said:
lol who cares, .coms were free a long time ago, so .info is trying to do the same and get more popular.

•••
•••
killaklown said:
a long long time ago...

There were a few gimmics and loss leaders running around but never the registry giving them away for free like Afilias and .info

•••
Actually .... They were free - in The Beginning .......

•••
kaliboy2g said:
Is that leagal? I mean can i have everyone in my family set up an account and get 25 free domains?

As far as I know, yes, it is within the guidelines of the .info promo. However, as webscorpion points out, its possible that the registrar tracks IP (and maybe even cookie) info to identify attempts to cheat the system. So ... its possible that using such info, that they'll think that my wife and I are the same person, and try to charge us accordingly. But I think that to be fair, they should at least ask us to demonstrate that we are two unique people using the same computer.

•••
The guidelines are really not clear, Apollo. Their definition of "registrant" should be more specific in this case. Tracking IP and cookies will most likely consider all registration from the same computer as the same registrant :(

Of course, most of us know how to beat this system :) Especially if you're on a dynamic IP address :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back