IT.COM

Ending Expectations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"Domain prospectors" are still arriving at the gates. Should we put up a sign to warn them away now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, I like to watch the few genius's who have discovered how to make money off us thick headed sheep. They buy some cheeeeezy name and hype up it up amongst each other in the appraisals section hoping to create a buzz (which is obviously mistaken for garbage flys); and then a week later try and market it in the sale threads as a great name for big bucks that will be ending soon, HURRY HURRY HURRY. I know we all do this when we start, I too am guilty, I once was a genius. It just makes me laugh to see the process repeated over and over again.

Little do they know that this place is loaded with marketing consultants and professional traders who've heard it all before. It's like watching someone trying to sell their used car, to a used car dealer. The best part is how they'll bend over backwards to give a break in the price, you only have to pay half of the super inflated retail end user (on your greatest day) price, and it's all because they wrote the million dollar pitch.

There are 2 types on people walking through the gate lotts, those looking to learn and understand the challenging path which must be endured to obtain some level of success in domain trading. And those who immediately and instantaneously realize that everyone here is blind, and they'll make a killing here because their observational skills are superior. I like spotting them early, my little rat brain says "lets keep the gates open."

Don

•••
you are probably speaking about two different issues here. i think lots was talking about people joining in hopes of a free name.

correct me if thats not the intent of your post lotsof issues

if it is i would tend to agree that now would be a good time

•••
Thank you for these comments and opinions!! :)
We understand EACH one of these posts:
1.) Getting into the domain name profession.
2.) Potential hype/marketing involved once in the industry.
3.) Features specific to Namepros ... and its particular evolution.

Let me just say, IMHO, that I totally appreciate the MEANING of each and every one of your points ... and I will share them with our "team" here in order to make the site that much more informative, engaging, productive, and enjoyable.
Great stuff, please keep these thoughts coming! :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Originally posted by KingDon
No, I like to watch the few genius's who have discovered how to make money off us thick headed sheep. They buy some cheeeeezy name and hype up it up amongst each other in the appraisals section hoping to create a buzz (which is obviously mistaken for garbage flys); and then a week later try and market it in the sale threads as a great name for big bucks that will be ending soon, HURRY HURRY HURRY. I know we all do this when we start, I too am guilty, I once was a genius. It just makes me laugh to see the process repeated over and over again.

Little do they know that this place is loaded with marketing consultants and professional traders who've heard it all before. It's like watching someone trying to sell their used car, to a used car dealer. The best part is how they'll bend over backwards to give a break in the price, you only have to pay half of the super inflated retail end user (on your greatest day) price, and it's all because they wrote the million dollar pitch.

There are 2 types on people walking through the gate lotts, those looking to learn and understand the challenging path which must be endured to obtain some level of success in domain trading. And those who immediately and instantaneously realize that everyone here is blind, and they'll make a killing here because their observational skills are superior. I like spotting them early, my little rat brain says "lets keep the gates open."

Don

Nice post Don, I agree for the mostpart. I'm not quite sure thats what Lots what referring to? But either way I enjoyed your post and I'm sure there are fellow domainers that feel the same way.

Originally posted by Larry
you are probably speaking about two different issues here. i think lots was talking about people joining in hopes of a free name.

correct me if thats not the intent of your post lotsof issues

if it is i would tend to agree that now would be a good time

Hi Larry.
The free domain offer ended about a week ago.
Referrers still get 50 $NP but that is only rewarded after a certain amount of user activity.
Our goal at NP is to attract a solid user base of domainers.
Thankfully we've got you and several of the other major domainers calling NP home :)

Hang tight guys...we're turning up the volume on Led Zeppelin to drowned out the Britney Spears ;)

Thanks
Dave

•••
Yep,

Larry understood I meant new members seeking to take advantage of the free domain deal which is no longer continued.

•••
WOOOOOOOOOOOPS, sorry about that lots, didn't mean to stray your thread. I should be studying right now instead of posting my thoughts, session 1 summer finals have arrived.

•••
i think its happening even more as people can get a domain from the auctions for as little as $50 NP$

:sick:

•••
Originally posted by DotLeader
i think its happening even more as people can get a domain from the auctions for as little as $50 NP$

:sick:

Why can't I ever seem to get 'em that cheap?!? :snaphappy:

:lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back