NameSilo

End user sales and completing the transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ang

Upgraded Member
Impact
I love end user sales but I dread the transfer and walking them through it! My sales are typically in the low to mid $xxx and my customers are generally small to medium sized businesses so we don't use Escrow or any other services. So after all the negotiations to sell the domain I do a little happy dance then I have to explain to them how we do the actual transfer and good grief this is painful!

Any advice on how to get through this stage easily? They always seem to want to move the domains to SlowDaddy and I do not keep any domains there for various reasons. Even if anyone can give me the cliffs notes on directions for transfers in to new registrant accounts with GoDaddy so I don't have to look it up on their support info would be helpful.

Cheers,
Ang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know it will be painful for you to do this. But, the easiest way is to transfer the domain to Slowdaddy, list it on their premium listing. So, that they can buy the name just like handregistering, instant into their account. It's smooth for them, but perhaps painful by you as you hate them lol. But you need to close the sale, right?

Another similar way, I think you can list the name on afternic, then your domain will be listed as premium in Network Solution at your price. Then, the buyer can buy the name just like they handreg it...
The commision should be painful too. But, close the sale?

Last edited:
•••
I know it will be painful for you to do this. But, the easiest way is to transfer the domain to Slowdaddy, list it on their premium listing. So, that they can buy the name just like handregistering, instant into their account. It's smooth for them, but perhaps painful by you as you hate them lol. But you need to close the sale, right?

Another similar way, I think you can list the name on afternic, then your domain will be listed as premium in Network Solution at your price. Then, the buyer can buy the name just like they handreg it...
The commision should be painful too. But, close the sale?
You lose 20% if you do this.

•••
You lose 20% if you do this.
Yeah, that's the painful thing, but it will go smooth on the buyer side. Especially the buyer also request the name on Godaddy. It's the best approach for non techie buyer...

Last edited:
•••
I love end user sales but I dread the transfer and walking them through it! My sales are typically in the low to mid $xxx and my customers are generally small to medium sized businesses so we don't use Escrow or any other services. So after all the negotiations to sell the domain I do a little happy dance then I have to explain to them how we do the actual transfer and good grief this is painful!

Any advice on how to get through this stage easily? They always seem to want to move the domains to SlowDaddy and I do not keep any domains there for various reasons. Even if anyone can give me the cliffs notes on directions for transfers in to new registrant accounts with GoDaddy so I don't have to look it up on their support info would be helpful.

Cheers,
Ang
Here is a simple solution for the lazy buyer. Open an account at GD under whatever whois they want to use. Transfer the name from your account to the newly opened GD account. Take a screenshot of the whois. Once transferred just give them the account number and password to the newly opened GD account. Done!

Buyers don't have to understand anything this way and the process becomes completely painless.

•••
Here is a simple solution for the lazy buyer. Open an account at GD under whatever whois they want to use. Transfer the name from your account to the newly opened GD account. Take a screenshot of the whois. Once transferred just give them the account number and password to the newly opened GD account. Done!

Buyers don't have to understand anything this way and the process becomes completely painless.

I like this! Might be a possibility. I generally just try to convince them to open an account at my registrar and then I push the domain and they are free to do what they like. I am dealing with business people and I get quite a bit of repeat customers so I like to offer a decent level of service but these are not million dollar sales. I just want to wrap it up and on to the next one lol

•••
I like this! Might be a possibility. I generally just try to convince them to open an account at my registrar and then I push the domain and they are free to do what they like. I am dealing with business people and I get quite a bit of repeat customers so I like to offer a decent level of service but these are not million dollar sales. I just want to wrap it up and on to the next one lol
please how do you convince enduser to open account at your registrar because letting them know that they have to open account at your registrar before they can have the domain might turn them off.
please do you mind sharing .

•••
Create an account for them at your current registrar with their details (with their permission). Then explain how much quicker the domain will be in their possession by doing an internal push. Meanwhile point the name to their website so they can take advantage of it right away.

Then simply offer to give them instructions on how to transfer the domain to GoDaddy, you could even do the difficult stuff for them like unlocking the domain for the auth code etc. Then they can transfer the domain wherever they want to.

•••
Create an account for them at your current registrar with their details (with their permission). Then explain how much quicker the domain will be in their possession by doing an internal push. Meanwhile point the name to their website so they can take advantage of it right away.

Then simply offer to give them instructions on how to transfer the domain to GoDaddy, you could even do the difficult stuff for them like unlocking the domain for the auth code etc. Then they can transfer the domain wherever they want to.
thank you very much (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back