Dynadot

domain End user sale help - haiku//mugs(.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domaindogged

Top Member
Impact
Hi Members

I did some outbound on an EMD via facebook for haiku//mugs(.com) It is a niche name. I have a response "we accidentally let it expire you apparently purchased it and now charging us for it at $100 when we had for $12" Possible hostile buyer How to proceed? The name is listed at DAN market place.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes I have Bin at DAN and sent the link in my first contact with them. I think they feel aggrieved they have e-Commerce site and instagram under EMD but I have the name from GD closeout

•••
Yes I have Bin at DAN and sent the link in my first contact with them. I think they feel aggrieved they have e-Commerce site and instagram under EMD but I have the name from GD closeout

Don't worry about it. They let it drop so they must not care about the name very much. I would not continue a dialogue for $100 if they are upset. Its not their name anymore. You planted a seed now let them cool down.

Also take the name out of the first post.

Last edited:
•••
Takes a while for it to 'drop' through all the warnings and opportunities to retain it these days. They must be mugs. $100 is extremely reasonable at this stage imho.

Last edited:
•••
Remember - you did not take the name away, the registry that didn't receive the payment did, the lack of paying lost the name.

Think of it as any business asset, if you had a truck (for example) - the bank would repossess it and sell at auction.

You have done nothing wrong but by a reclaimed asset from the owner/registry.

•••
Possible hostile buyer How to proceed?

Very kindly and professionally let them (the supposed original owner) know you acquired the name for a customer/friend/entity and it seems as though you inadvertently offered it to them (the supposed original owner) for 100 without proper consultation. Since that time you have learned you misspoke and the name is more valuable to them (the people you acquired it for) than you expected and they (the people you acquired it for) are willing to give you the actual value of the name.

However, since you are a person of high integrity and your word is your bond, you will keep the pricing at 100 for the next 24 hours to allow them (the supposed original owner) to get the name at that price. After that time you will no longer be able to keep it at that price and it will revert to the actual value of the name which is 250.

No more interaction with them (supposed original owner) should be had...either they buy it or they don't. It would be fruitless and frustrating to keep a dialog open with them...set a BIN and see what happens.

•••
As stated above set a bin with a lander, and just go about your business.

•••
•••
Here is what I went with

Thank you for your reply. Haiku Mugs are a niche product on a wide variety of creative marketplaces including Zazzle, Etsy, RedBubble, Cafepress and Society6. An asking amount of $105 is fair value. Here is the link to buy ( DAN Lander provided to enduser. )

Thanks to @misterfunsky for the detailed blueprint of outbound negotiation Appreciate the response of others too

•••
hope you secure the sale (y)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back