IT.COM

strategy eName merging with 4.cn - Numeric domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

heavend

Established Member
Impact
Hello All,

I just wanted to share this link with you: and ask you what you think about this merger: http://domainnamewire.com/2016/03/16/ename-acquires-4-cn/

From my personal experience eName is one of the worst registrars out there who cover-up the stolen domain names and has horrendous customer service. Over the years, I have had multiple encounters with eName and I would not trust them with a $1.00 transaction. In the same time I used to think that 4.cn is one of the best places to trade Numeric names when it comes to Chinese customers. I have traded on 4.cn successfully for $XX,XXX transactions without any problems and their customer service was fairly good. I talked to them directly numerous times, they spoke English and were very eager to help. In fact, i would say that besides the time change - 4.cn was a company to go to - when it comes to trading high end numeric domains.

Now, that they are going to be the same company - I estimate - sales and as a consequence of sales -> prices may not do well.

What do you think?

All best,
Alex K
HeavenDomains.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello All,

I just wanted to share this link with you: and ask you what you think about this merger: http://domainnamewire.com/2016/03/16/ename-acquires-4-cn/

From my personal experience eName is one of the worst registrars out there who cover-up the stolen domain names and has horrendous customer service. Over the years, I have had multiple encounters with eName and I would not trust them with a $1.00 transaction. In the same time I used to think that 4.cn is one of the best places to trade Numeric names when it comes to Chinese customers. I have traded on 4.cn successfully for $XX,XXX transactions without any problems and their customer service was fairly good. I talked to them directly numerous times, they spoke English and were very eager to help. In fact, i would say that besides the time change - 4.cn was a company to go to - when it comes to trading high end numeric domains.

Now, that they are going to be the same company - I estimate - sales and as a consequence of sales -> prices may not do well.

What do you think?

All best,
Alex K
HeavenDomains.com
Ename.com is responsible for more stolen domains than anyone else.

•••
Yeah, I had the whole story of over $100,000 worth of names (including 2 number domains) were stolen from me and harbored by eName... Took me 5 months of fighting with them to get all of the names back

•••
I wouldn't trust them to take out my trash.

•••
Ename.com is responsible for more stolen domains than anyone else.
Ename did not reply to me when I wrote to them about one of my stolen names, my first thoughts of hearing this news was similar to the Op's

•••
This is some Serious issues; Ename.com should be band all the way!!

•••
This is some Serious issues; Ename.com should be band all the way!!
Unfortunately none of us have a say at how eName handles their mergers and business, but we all have to deal with them somehow - if we are dealing with number domains.

•••
Unfortunately none of us have a say at how eName handles their mergers and business, but we all have to deal with them somehow - if we are dealing with number domains.
I'm not sure if 4.cn knows about Ename behavior...unacceptable all the way!

•••
4.cn customer service were not responding even before the merger/ takeover. Ename were even worse, even when they used ename.com for their English website, awful "service" and responses were almost non existent.

Not a good move for 4.cn, DN.com,and not a good move for domainers. This would be a great opportunity for a smart Chinese company to jump in and take over the reins of the " foreign" business. Not sure who that might be though?

•••
4.cn customer service were not responding even before the merger/ takeover. Ename were even worse, even when they used ename.com for their English website, awful "service" and responses were almost non existent.

Not a good move for 4.cn, DN.com,and not a good move for domainers. This would be a great opportunity for a smart Chinese company to jump in and take over the reins of the " foreign" business. Not sure who that might be though?
Get rid of scammers, crooks, and con-artist; they are bad weeds!! Need more trusted industries...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back