Dynadot

Email Spam - USQ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Posting this as an FYI in case anyone else is looking similar up.

This is the second email I received from "USQ" - [email protected] with the exact wording:

Hello,

I wanted to know if you would be willing to sell the <DOMINAIN-NAME-REMOVED> domain name and, if so, for how much? Please let me know either way.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Ty Yarborough

Well, I let them know 2 weeks ago, when they sent the first email to me, and now I received the same email again. Fool me once......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually, the individual DOES exist (i.e., at least does business using that name and more importantly is a bona fide occasional buyer of domain names.)

Having said that, he is - in analogy terms - to a broker (of d.n.'s) as a loan shark is to a banker.

That is, while a broker might charge you 20% of what s/he can get for your name, Ty will take 80%, give or take.

That is, because he has a PUBLIC record of flipping names, he's essentially taking advantage of lazy or eyes-closed people since the $1000 or so he might pay you nets him $5K in short order.

So, bottom line, it's a good thing that he didn't fool you, ... but not for the reason you thought.

You almost surely have a name that someone (and I'll bet you can figure it out without killing yourself) has in their cross-hairs.

True, you might think of 3 good reasons (YOU SHOULD GIVE THIS SOME THOUGHT!) why you'd rather take the thou Ty might offer you rather than try to peddle the name to the likely end user, but I'd definitely look for a broker in this connection before I'd take Ty's low-ball offer.

Last thing - he's unlikely to raise any bid he makes. Maybe, it's the philosophical "why bid against myself;" more likely, like everybody in business, he has in his head a certain minimum "mark up," and while I certainly suggest that the amount he "requires" is basically extortionate, that is strictly MY opinion. There's a school of thought that says "something beats nothing," so draw your OWN conclusions.

•••
I've drawn my conclusion - he's likely a spammer or if not he doesn't understand proper business communications.

I appreciate your reply and respect your opinion, however, this "Ty" person (who you say exists with a public record of flipping domains) has sent 3 emails exactly like above (except for the domain name) already.

I have received 2 emails, exactly like above, but for 2 different domains that I own. I replied to his requests for prices, like he asked, but I never receive an answer. In my book, that is piss-poor communications. He asked me. He solicited me. Not the other way around. He should at least respond with a no-thank-you. He even asks "Please let me know either way." Its laughable.

It is somewhat difficult for me to take this person seriously and for me to even think this is more than spam.

You say that he exists? Show me something that links to him. I cant find anything about this person and if I have to spend more than 5 minutes of searching then I am wasting my time.

I started this thread to see if anyone else has come across this person and as of tonight 84 people have viewed it but only one has thanked the post and only you replied to it.

By the way, he doesnt make low-ball offers. He doesnt make any bids - as you say.. He asks for a price. I gave him a price on two different names and have received nothing in reply.

Like I said above - I appreciate your reply but I cant take this person seriously. Unless "Ty" responds to his requests for pricing, he's just a spammer to me.

•••
yes, he is a poor communicator ... but I'll bet he's made more on domains in the last year than you will in a lifetime. I'm not putting you down, but you gotta learn to listen if you want to learn. Your ranting wastes more time than you borch about in your post.

Here's a lead toward some of his holdings:
whoisology dot com slash email slash archive_10 slash da77 [at] nycny dot net

where da77 is the chewy caramel.

If you do a little more research, you can learn more about him. Odds are, he didn't follow up with you because you quoted a reasonable price. As I say, he's like a catfish - works at the bottom, but who among us brags about having paid "top dollar?!" ... If you get lucky, you'll sell him a domain name or 2 for enough for YOU to be happy ... and you'd do well not to see who owns it 6 months later.

You're probably younger than I am, but the ability to read and write is at record lows these days. The higher the pct of people with college degrees, the less likely it is that their holders are much more than literate.

•••
Posting this as an FYI in case anyone else is looking similar up.

This is the second email I received from "USQ" - [email protected] with the exact wording:

Hello,

I wanted to know if you would be willing to sell the <DOMINAIN-NAME-REMOVED> domain name and, if so, for how much? Please let me know either way.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Ty Yarborough

Well, I let them know 2 weeks ago, when they sent the first email to me, and now I received the same email again. Fool me once......

Can you post the email header? Or if not... please pm it to me. :)

•••
From my experience, this is a corporate broker at CSC Global.

In the past they worked with big brands.

E.g., purchased vogue.me for VOGUE Middle East.

Hence the advice can be to keep the price high ;)

•••
Hello. I have had a similar email. Are there any updates or further experiences on this? Or anyone have an outcome of any kind from from this?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back