Dynadot

question Email hosting for your domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam Jenkins

Impact
Hey all,

I know that a number of people have a core domain that they use to advertise their entire portfolio, which they would probably use for email contact as well. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for free email hosts that you can use your own domains for?

Looking online Zoho mail seems to have a lot said about it, but always useful to get a feel for what others in a community use.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For free, Zoho is your best option. Very few providers allow a custom domain name email hosting for free (I'm actually not aware of any other except Zoho)

•••
Thanks @anantj, I'll probably go with them then :)

•••
I am using Zoho, pretty satisfied, they also have an Android app which works ok.

•••
Just started using Zoho mail a couple weeks ago for one of my domains and so far so good with their free account.

•••
I'm out of touch, but don't most registrars provide free email accounts?

Name silo provides email forwarding, which would probably do the trick.

•••
Three ways...

1. Get a hosting account, or use what you have for your existing sites. Create an account for each domain and use that for email.

2. Setup email forwarders.

3. Make one page and list your domain shop there. I use the ToughDomains domain store, and all of my domains are hosted there. My contact information is easy to access from there. ie... Link to My Domains For Sale Page.

For me, I used to do options 1 and 2... but switched to 3 when I started with ToughDomains. Very good landing pages that I just plug in my adsense code for parking (and keep ALL of it), and the landing pages are VERY good. Most of all, it takes less than 2 mins to get it set up on tough domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back