Dynadot

Elephant Killer Bob Parsons (GoDaddy CEO)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If he'd killed a deer or a bear would anyone care?

Yes, I would care. He killed an animal that he doesn't need to eat for dinner. Pacoderms are very intelligent, but unfortunately slower than Bob's bullet. He's a skunk, a scumbag, an insensitive jerkoff who no longer deserves our money. His customers financed his safari. He makes me want to puke.

•••
I've stopped listening to my fav. singer and performer lady gaga.

Okay, I gotta hear this.

First, people are free to make whatever purchasing decisions on whatever criteria they would like. There are a couple of businesses that I do not use because I do not like want to support the private agenda of the owners. I don't run around expecting everyone else to agree with me, but my purchasing decisions are certainly mine to make on whatever basis I choose.

But I'm curious about whatever issue you might have with Lady Gaga. From what I know about her, which isn't much since I don't follow popular music, there is nothing going on in her private life that is inconsistent with anything that was in her lyrics in the first place. So, uh, what did I miss?

I could venture one guess, but I'd be really surprised if it was a reason why someone would stop listening to Lady Gaga. What on earth does a woman who refers to her "muffin" in a song lyric have to do to offend someone?

(and, incidentally, one is entitled to one's opinion about the allegations made against Michael Jackson, but as someone who, again, couldn't have really cared one way or another about his success, I was never persuaded he had done the things of which he was accused)

Last edited:
•••
Listen to yourselves....your saying that an elephant, an un-civilized animal, that is threatening the life of the villagers by eating their food - shouldnt be disposed of ?

are you serious ?

a squirrel breaks into your safe, eats all your money and then eats all the food in your fridge...

do you kill it..or do you stroke it and say never mind little uncivilized critter that has no real reason on earth...you go ahead...ill die instead.

you kill it...its just an animal..

•••
a squirrel breaks into your safe, eats all your money and then eats all the food in your fridge...
It appears you're on a different planet veblox.

Come back down to earth mate. Squirrels don't break into safes or into fridges down here. Nor do they allow stroking.

Listen to yourselves....your saying that an elephant, an un-civilized animal, that is threatening the life of the villagers by eating their food - shouldnt be disposed of ?
If i was a villager with no money, and now lacking in food, and my life, and my families life depended on it... but had a gun... Sure i'd go for it.

If i was an American, who had tonnes of money, and wanted to "gain" some publicity, i'd probably do something different. Apparently it was one 'rogue' elephant? I'd fork 0.01% out of my pocket out to relocate the thing, maybe build a fence, maybe give it some food, maybe talk to an elephant expert about options... Elephant's don't just walk into Zoos so i know a ginormous elephant can indeed be relocated.

It was obvious Mr Bob Parsons was doing this to gain publicity, really show off those nice orange godaddy hats. That's the problem here. The fact he killed an animal to gain some reputation, whether it be good or not perhaps. Famous or infamous, you're still remembered.

Last edited:
•••
I have been moving my domains from Godaddy already due to their sleazy scamish business practices.

This elephant hunting (publicity stunt?) doesn’t surprise me coming from someone who has showgirls dace around nascar cars as publicity.

But as a hunter this offends me to me hunting is about conservation and respect for animals and nature. To shoot an animal then let a crowd of people run up and rip it apart(wearing your logo) scrounging the meat is very disrespectful to the animal then claim you were doing the world a favor to kill this animal because it was a menace?= Absolutely No Respect for the Animal..
This gives hunting a very bad image this is just what organizations like PETA want so they can show case "why hunting is bad"

So from a member of the hunting community - Bob Parsons you are a low life scumbag.

I also feel like claiming to "help the people" by shooting the elephant was disrespectful to the people.
Because the people are so poor and weak they can't kill an elephant? No..
Because they don't have a suitcase of cash to pay to kill an elephant? Yes..

Just shows what little respect some people have for the rest of the world.

•••
•••
•••

That appears correct. NameCheap has very few domains, since most of their domains are really with eNom ...

Hence, most NameCheap customers are really eNom customers - beware that some NameCheap customers have lost domains due to eNom's policies, in particular, their LegitScript partnership - search forums for more details.

As for GoDaddy - looks like their losses were in about the same range as other weeks, but new registrations / transfer-ins were somewhat less... and yet they still showed a gain, nevertheless.

In regards to any boycott working - don't be so sure of that quite yet ... GoDaddy understands the domain market better than most anyone - vast majority of people, especially domainers, shop only on price; more coupons along with some extra promos will, presumably, bulk up the numbers on demand...

However, if GoDaddy, even with promos, starts showing losses and that remains sustained while some other registrars pick up large gains, then that's a whole different story ... time will tell ... imho, GoDaddy, for the foreseeable future, will remain the biggest registrar with much growth.

Ron

•••
seems like the godday control panel .
any way am also not going to stop buying from godaddy since now also am not buying from there

•••
It's good that Namechap is making a stand and trying to win customers at the same time. I wouldn't switch to them from GoDaddy because of their lack of action against spammers.

To be quite honest I very much doubt Namecheap give a damn about the Elephant that was shot, they are simply using the situation to gain for themselves (ie by trying to gain more customers).

•••
Exactly: they saw a chance to get new customers and took it. I doubt they care about the animal; to them, the almighty Greenback means more than the Elephant.

To be quite honest I very much doubt Namecheap give a damn about the Elephant that was shot, they are simply using the situation to gain for themselves (ie by trying to gain more customers).

•••
•••
This news if funny.. Just an animal.. although i dont like the idea of killing them for fun n i wouldnt do that but all this attention over hunting?!?

•••
•••
This news if funny.. Just an animal..

So's your kid's pet. If it gets killed by some masochistic a-hole, I don't know if you'll think that "if funny".

•••
So's your kid's pet. If it gets killed by some masochistic a-hole, I don't know if you'll think that "if funny".

Depends. Do we get hats? And do we have a good rabbit recipe?

Nah. BP is an asshat. Period.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back