Dynadot

Efty founder brings up an important topic for Domain Investors – Sales Commission

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Templr

Top Member
Impact
From MorganLinton.com
Doron Vermaat, the founder of Efty.com shared an article on their blog today that I think should probably be required reading for new domain investors. Heck, I’d say it’s good for experienced investors to read as well since it’s a topic that should really be top of mind. In the article Doron shares some of his past domain sales history and the commission that he paid on these deals.

In his article Doron recommended using For Sale Landing pages to take advantage of type-in traffic coming to the domain, which could be a potential buyer.

SOURCE:
https://morganlinton.com/efty-found...-topic-for-domain-investors-sales-commission/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I recently received an offer via an EFTY landing page for about 50% more than the Godaddy Auctions list price. It is a nice name but has less commercial value and is more likely to be used as a fan site than for a business (unless some Hollywood studio wanted to create a movie with this title). So while the thought occurred to ask for a slightly higher price than the initial offer, I went ahead and asked the buyer how they want to proceed with the transfer i.e. accepting their initial offer. The point here is that the marketplaces oftentimes don't do much to earn their 20% commissions. Of course investors still need escrow but that is a much lower cost service.

•••
I agree with the For Sale Landing pages, even if you choose to use any of the other platforms available instead of Efty. This is so important when it comes to taking advantage of both type in traffic and any visitors that come to your site.

I always thought having this set up was a lot more beneficial to your business then the parking links most people display on their sites.

- Will

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back