IT.COM

Editing pictures to become smaller

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i have some holiday pictures i want to post on my internet page. they are very large and i'm not allowed to upload pictures that exceeds a certain size so i need to make them under 100kb. i don't have photoshop, i have only this gimp but it is not very simple. i need a simpler tool or some simple instructions to do this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check out Google's free Picasa program.

•••
Is it to use as an avatar like here on np etc. ??

I just used my - mobile/cellphone camera to reduce the size, It was a large digital photo, on my PC Monitor/Screen and i focused on my profile, whatever? The photo/avatar here on the left, this is how I uploaded here on namepros, as you said it needs to be small/100kb etc ?

•••
•••
You can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you don't have
Photoshop.
But better install photoshop software cos its very useful.'

Last edited:
•••
photoshop is way too complex and expensive for what i need

•••
infranview is what i use.. neat tool..

but im looking for something that can "save for web" with batch process...
RIOT - Radical Image Optimization Tool

wish that came with batch processing tool..

•••
hey i too need a answer to this question.if you got pls send a pm to me.you have posted' thanks for picasa'.did the picasa works finely to reduce the size of pics....

•••
The best program for this is FastStone Photo Resizer. Just look at the ratings and you will see that it is a very good program. It has batch convert feature allowing you to resize hundreds of images in one go.
FastStone Photo Resizer - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

FastStone Image Viewer can also do the same job but it is a more advanced program with more features. This is one of my favorite programs of all time.
FastStone Image Viewer - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

•••
•••
First you upload the pictures to Picasa web album. then download them again to your PC. You will find them in reduced size, with no damage in quality.

•••
Irfanview is a free tool, and resizes images very well. You can also decrease the color depth of a picture.

•••
Convert all the images to .gif. This way their size will get reduced.

•••
•••
Ok, then you use imageshack to upload them.

•••
Aviary.com is out to replace Adobe's tools and might be worth looking at.

•••
i think you should try Paint.net if you dont have money to buy Photoshop. i am sure you will find an option.
or just google about it

•••
resizing images

Hello ,
here is a simple solution just try imageoptimizer.com

•••
If photoshop is available then don't think of any other but if it's not than you can use picasa.....

•••
on dynamicdrive there are free online tools avialable to compress the file and its size without losing its quality, another thing is that photobucket is another free hosting website. to upload any image.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back