IT.COM

discuss .ECO - The gTLD that domainers are not saying much about

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wittybliss.com

Established Member
Impact
The long awaited Gtld .eco is now available to the general public since last 25 April 2017, yet little is said about it on namepros, which is very questionable.
Why?
I suppose, maybe because of the
"Eco Profile" Policies for .ECO domain name registrants
But i am not sure it could be. Can you please share more light on this new gtld. Is eco going to make it for domainers. Would you take the aventure with .Eco as you did with others gtlds?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never heard of it, and at 50-60$ a pop, hopefully it will never be heard from again

•••
.bar .bid .bio .gdn .uno .fun its just another of hundreds of extensions.
I would suggest any money that may be used to buy one of these be put to better use,
like donate to red cross( tax receipt)

On a brighter note though, there has been 81 .eco registered so far https://namestat.org/eco

•••
"Eco Profile" Policies for .ECO domain name registrants

In order to activate a .ECO domain name’s web-related functions, .ECO registrants are required to create a public Eco Profile, which is publicly accessible from the .ECO registry website's "Eco System" network.

All registrants of activated .ECO domain names are required to:

• Review (and if necessary, update) their Eco Profiles at least annually, and show continued commitment and actions toward sustainability over time;
  • Provide accurate registrant information for their Eco Profile;
  • Link to their Eco Profile on any websites resolving from their .ECO domain name; and
  • Submit to any requests the .ECO registry makes to verify the registrant’s Eco Profile.
Please note that your Eco Profile is separate from your .ECO domain name’s WHOIS information. While all domain names are required to have associated WHOIS information, the .ECO registry only requires creation of an Eco Profile for activated .ECO domain names.

More information about Eco Profiles is available in the .ECO registry’s Eligibility and Eco Profile Policies.

•••
The current reality is the New G's continue to disappoint most of us who have invested in them. For that reason you will see less publicity and such. The tricks and shenanigans of some registries have hurt the entire industry.

•••
LOL https://whois.domaintools.com/artd.eco

Yes, you can register .Eco domains although the creation of a community profile is needed. But you can register .Eco domains with reselling in mind.

That being said, you'd have lots more reasons if you are an activist or an environmental company.

•••
I'm not interested in .eco better to leave it for environmental end users or pr campaigns.

•••
Doesn't look like it holds much future for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back