Domain Empire

Ebay Partner Network versus AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys,

I have been with Ebay Partner Network now for around 4 months and it is great!

I am actually making more from Ebay Partner Network that from Google Adsense, when I say more around $100 a month more. ($300 to $400 a month from ebay)

I would recommend this program to any people who have websites or discussion forums dedicated to Autos, Motorbikes, things that are popular on Ebay.

I use ebay partner network on my Australian Car (Ute) Forum

My adsense earnings have dropped dramatically over the last few months, this is likely due to the current global financial crisis.

So if you want to try a new way of making money from your sites, I highly recommend you try out Ebay Partner Network.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am new to EPN just started using it ..

Hope it works good for me ....

:)

•••
I am not using ebay partner network as of now. I am with Google Adsence for last 3 years and earning well there. So, I am not looking for other sources.

•••
cjr42009 said:
I am not using ebay partner network as of now. I am with Google Adsence for last 3 years and earning well there. So, I am not looking for other sources.

No reason not give give epn a try, you might be surprised, I am making more from it than adsense on my Car Website

•••
Congratulations with the ebay program so far :) I'll have to give it a shot on one of my sites. I haven't noticed much of a drop in adsense though, might be worth checking if you've gotten yourself smart priced somehow.

•••
Yes, while you may get more frequent clicks from the same space devoted to adsense, the the EPN ads can bring more income when there is a sale. Helps if the visitors to your site are truly seeking a product that's often bought on ebay, and it helps if it's an expensive product, or course.
I have a boat satellite TV site, and sometimes a huge yacht appears in the ebay ad.
Now that would be a nice commission...........

•••
teatime said:
Yes, while you may get more frequent clicks from the same space devoted to adsense, the the EPN ads can bring more income when there is a sale. Helps if the visitors to your site are truly seeking a product that's often bought on ebay, and it helps if it's an expensive product, or course.
I have a boat satellite TV site, and sometimes a huge yacht appears in the ebay ad.
Now that would be a nice commission...........

Not sure, someone bought a $20,000 car through my site, my commission was like $40.

•••
We find adding EPN doesn't change the AdSense clicks; they seem to be independent of each other.

With EPN the goal is to get the visitor to click on a link and set the cookie. It doesn't matter what item they look at because the computer is typically used by more than one person. For example, the kids set the cookie for some cheap item and dad comes along later and buys something expensive.

•••
mhdoc said:
We find adding EPN doesn't change the AdSense clicks; they seem to be independent of each other.

With EPN the goal is to get the visitor to click on a link and set the cookie. It doesn't matter what item they look at because the computer is typically used by more than one person. For example, the kids set the cookie for some cheap item and dad comes along later and buys something expensive.

I really like it, except so far this month I have made a fraction compared to that of the same period last month.

•••
Be good if there was a eBay section on namepros. I like ebay because you can really tailor the ads to your content and the ACRUs can really add up. Seems like most people click on an ad, but go wonder off and buy something else. Only about 20% of my sales are from the ads I placed on my site.

•••
Seems like most people click on an ad, but go wonder off and buy something else. Only about 20% of my sales are from the ads I placed on my site.

I think many computers are used by several people. Mom finds your site, clicks a link, and sets a cookie. Dad or the kids come along later and buy something else. Or people shop from work and the same thing happens.

•••
Are there any special requirement to join Ebay Partner Network?

•••
•••
payment system

Ebay recently changed how they pay people. No no longer need to complete a sale for payment. The new system is great for some people but bad for others. Depends on what you are selling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back