Dynadot

Ebay...don't bother !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
What a spectacular waste of time & effort listing domains for sale on ebay. If anyone is thinking of giving it a try.....don't waste your time ! Thousands of sh7! names at fantasyland prices, no wonder nobody looks on there ! Unless you're thinking of listing a trade marked name, asking $5000000000 for your domain or are willing to sell for $000.0X don't even consider it !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have bought a few last 12 months on ebay. I paid $10 opening bid on one and $50 for another. I noticed a few worthless names or names worth few hundred dollar all asking for tens of thousands. When wandering through their history only see domain sales at $20 or the spare wheel of their car sold.

Last edited:
•••
I find it laughable when i see names on there which are worthless and total crap listed for like 100 million dollars, i usually find myself rolling around the house in a fit of laughter when i see them, quiet literally

•••
I only managed to sell one domain on there this year , quite an achievement ! I was offered half the asking price, despite not accepting offers !? I was so p!55d off I met them in the middle and sold it ! Needless to say I won't be relisting any when the current ones expire !

•••
I was actually thinking of jumping in with a bunch of names around $35-50 each and see what happens.

•••
Could it be that listing domains on high traffic sites like eBay adds to link juice? Ie backlinks for SEO?

Similar to posting domains on NP.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking about listing a few domains and trying to show (in a not obvious way) that I have many more domains at my main website. Not sure if it would work, though.

•••
When I listed a domain, I listed all the other domains I had for sale on ebay to try and get them extra exposure.......doesn't work, nobody looks at domains on ebay seemingly. I think it's because there's so much cr4p on there, no one thinks anybody will list a decent name at a sensible price. Shame, as someone else has said, if ebay got their act together it could be a great sales venue....that's ebay for ya.

•••
Ebay will provide more traffic than you think not type in but nice powerful backlink to help influence search engine result.

•••
I find it laughable when i see names on there which are worthless and total crap listed for like 100 million dollars, i usually find myself rolling around the house in a fit of laughter when i see them, quiet literally

That video would go viral lol

•••
When I listed a domain, I listed all the other domains I had for sale on ebay to try and get them extra exposure.......doesn't work, nobody looks at domains on ebay seemingly. I think it's because there's so much cr4p on there, no one thinks anybody will list a decent name at a sensible price. Shame, as someone else has said, if ebay got their act together it could be a great sales venue....that's ebay for ya.

I sold one on there for pennies as no one wants to pay more than a $1 but the first thing you see when they buy is the gd page requesting me to pay $10 so that their measly derogatory offer cost me $10 + eBay fees lol I don't think so

•••
Could it be that listing domains on high traffic sites like eBay adds to link juice? Ie backlinks for SEO?

Similar to posting domains on NP.
ebay listing were timebased, eventually your link or domain name will be gone erased by ebay LOL

•••
Ive bought two from ebay and sold 3 or 4 for 50 bucks each. Its mostly rubbish and the good names are enduser priced. Worth a browse once a month.

•••
One of the last Sherpa videos was a European very young Bros band looking guy that bought a name for high $xxx from Ebay and sold for mid $xxxx end user.

•••
ebay listing were timebased, eventually your link or domain name will be gone erased by ebay LOL

But aren't some make offer? Which means they can stay longer?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back