Dynadot

eBay Domain Names For Sale – Have you tried?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
eBay is a trusted online marketplace, so have you ever considered selling or buying domain names on eBay? Being 100% honest I have never bought or tried to sell a domain name on eBay, I do think you could get a lot of views if you had a keyword domain listed for sale but its never someplace that I have considered to offload or purchase any of my domain portfolios, I would love to hear from you if you had and any good or bad stories relating to selling domain names on eBay.

Continue Reading...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I listed four last year and sold one. Here's the thing... you need to protect yourself. If you sell a domain name on eBay, print out proof of transfer and mail it to the buyer (using postage/tracking through eBay) as proof. eBay isn't very friendly to digital products. Also, people expect any domain name you sell on eBay to be dirt cheap. I don't try to sell names there anymore.

•••
I listed four last year and sold one. Here's the thing... you need to protect yourself. If you sell a domain name on eBay, print out proof of transfer and mail it to the buyer (using postage/tracking through eBay) as proof. eBay isn't very friendly to digital products. Also, people expect any domain name you sell on eBay to be dirt cheap. I don't try to sell names there anymore.

Thanks for your feedback, hopefully it can help others too.

•••
i've sold a few in the past on Ebay but a quick look at the sold list and you'll see that the only domains that sell on Ebay are cheap ones ie $X-$XX at best.

Also, as Bruce alluded to, selling anything on Ebay these days is a huge risk as there is NO seller protection whatsoever ! If a buyer decides to try and scam you out of your item, Ebay will side with them every time regardless of proof to the contrary and you will lose your money and more often than not your item as well. This is why Ebay has become such a scammers paradise. Also bear in mind, Ebay has quite possibly the worst customer service known to man !

If you are going to risk trying to sell a domain on ebay, my advice would be to clearly state in the description that you will only push the domain to an acc at the same registrar ie no auth codes. At least that way, if a buyer does try to scam you, you will have the registrar to back you up ie that the domain was transferred and obviously they know whos acc it was transferred to. At least that way you have something to counter the scammer with if they slap a privacy setting on the domain and claim you didn't transfer it. All academic though as nothing sells on ebay anymore !

Last edited:
•••
No ive never sold ebay but I’ve got many deals

just read seller rating. i only buy 95%+ rating

and save favorite sellers; ebay can mixed bag, worst $116 LLLL.com with a +$54 for free push

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back