Dynadot

eBay Buys Shopping.com For $620 Million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
:lala:

I just thought I'd share the news for those who don't know yet that eBay has bought Shopping.com for a whopping $620 million. It's eBay's second largest acquisition behind PayPal for $1.5 billion. :o

More information can be found at http://www.usatoday.com/tech/techinvestor/corporatenews/2005-06-01-ebay-shopping_x.htm

It looks like eBay keeps on getting richer and richer. They'll probably be running most of the economy pretty soon along with Wal-Mart. :laugh:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My brain can't comprehend a number like $620 million. It's no different then 23 billion dollars or 72 trillion dollars.

•••
Micro-eBay anyone? "Shudders"

•••
sounds scary, but a big advance for ebay shopping not bidding

•••
Maybe eBay is trying to take over websites before Google gets them. Could this be an epic battle? lol just joking. Anyways I bet their going to add ebay shops into the shopping comparison at shopping.com. I think ebay made a good move.

•••
Micro-eBay? Macgoogle? Oh my what has the world come to?

•••
Anyone know who used to own it? ;)

•••
someone filfthy rich...LOL

•••
•••
I hate it when you look up something like "Amazon Snakes" in google and iand automatic ad generator says, AMAZON SNAKES? Buy yours, GREAT PRICES ebay.com that makes the search results irrelevant :( Same with shopping.com

•••
wow... i wish i had that kind of money, i would buy that domain, then sell it to ebay for like $700 million

•••
nice. thats some cracy prices!

•••
- - - - - -
I hate it when you look up something like "Amazon Snakes" in google and iand automatic ad generator says, AMAZON SNAKES? Buy yours, GREAT PRICES ebay.com that makes the search results irrelevant Same with shopping.com
- - - - - -

I went off on that a while back, I started doing searches like this:

Search:
DEAD BUNNIES

AD:
eBay: Dead Bunnies
Great deals on hard to find items.
Free & easy registration! Aff.
eBay.com

Hey, are you gonna pack that dead bunny in ice when you ship it?

•••
My gosh...I really wish I started in the domain business in 1997 so I could be as supreme as Yahoo, eBay, PayPal, and Google! :'( I'll have my day someday!!!

Maybe I'll spend $6.2 hundred dollars on a nice domain like that. :-D
What a sale though...damn....I can't believe companies like this are allowed to have that much money!

•••
Wow, what an unthinkable amount of money!

I am not convinced that is such a necessary purchase, though I am sure eBay will do very well out of it long-term...

•••
They've gotta do SOMETHING with all that money. Thing is, I coulda let them have ALL of mine for a palty 5 mil, what were they thinking?

•••
I'd rather have paypal.com

I'd take away ALL paypal fees for NP related transactions!

•••
kjmz said:
Maybe eBay is trying to take over websites before Google gets them.
You know, the exact same thought entered my head :hehe:

•••
I guess PriceGrabber.com has a new competitor. Shopping.com now with eBay's backing is sure to become even a bigger hit.

•••
Wow, thats alot of money to spend on a domain name. If I knew it would be worth that much in the future I would of bought it when domain names first became available.

•••
Element said:
Wow, thats alot of money to spend on a domain name. If I knew it would be worth that much in the future I would of bought it when domain names first became available.
The sale wasn't just for the domain, but also included the assets and the whole company. :$:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back