NameSilo

Earning from www typo traffic, Is it worth it?

Labeled as advice in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization started by coolhands, May 11, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

?

earning from www typo traffic, Is it worth it?

1. yes

25.0%
  2. no

75.0%
Total: 24 vote(s)
  1. coolhands

coolhands Established Member

Yes, Thanks alot, even I didn't get my answer LOL

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

only you can say whether it "was" worth buying, after you've bought it and parked it

I have owned some www prefix names in the past and sure some earned revenue
    but people don't type in www and miss putting in the dot, like they used to

it's like regging youtube typos
    they used to pay good ppc, but today nada and more people are familiar with the site or bookmark it

and that's pretty much the same with www names, unless it's www.extension, then those would probably get the most typeins than wwwexample.com

imo...

3. coolhands

That the kind of answer I'm looking for.
    I totally agree with you
    i'm just looking to buy www prefix that can pay himself, like if the renew price is $20, I will be happy if I make more than $20, so its will be like a passive income

Thanks biggie alot for sharing your experience.

4. leadnetwork

leadnetwork Upgraded Member Gold Account

5. coolhands

the original domain "spin.com" only get about 1.90M visitors a month with only 22% Direct type in

i'm looking for one that have more than 10M visitors and more than 50% Direct type in.

like these domain "wwwkooora.com" the original domain kooora.com get 68M visitors each month :xf.eek:
    but that's domain cost $688

Thank you leadnetwork

6. Lewstar

Lewstar Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It’s “accurate”😎

7. amit chowdhury

amit chowdhury Established Member

It will be better to try your luck by registering the domain & then parking it. Let see what happens.

Wishing you best of luck.

PS: Now a days anyone typing www.domain.com to go to the site is next to nil. Browsers, search engines are so advanced, they are suggesting you right domain when you start typing. So in my opinion that type of traffic will be zero in future (if there is any).

8. frank-germany

frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

First question to be answered is

How

Will you montise it?

9. IMEZI

IMEZI Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

he will monetize through parking

10. coolhands

yes
    and if I test parking and it Failed, then I will try another methode like affiliate or URL Shortener (CPM)

11. coolhands

amit chowdhury
    Thanks alot Sir

12. Ruhi Angel

Ruhi Angel Restricted

For this situation examine we break down our income against the rankings on Google. Be that as it may, I saw that the traffic and income were impressively diminished after the rankings decrease. I guarantee it will be justified, despite all the trouble. I'm wagering you would get more error traffic (model: they type mashable.com.net rather

13. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

Typos like this might work but not enough to cover costs unless you already have a use for the traffic in first place. Spelling error typos however are dead due to auto correct.

14. GenericDomainz

GenericDomainz Established Member

There is very good typos, like youtbe.com(youtube), etc., so it will cost it. This one can give for example 2000 visitors/day. And typos mostly don't lose traffic, like other expired domains, so it's pure profit.

15. decades80

decades80 Top Member VIP

Those dont perform as they used to any more, the reasons alredy explained by others. You better have high CPC keywords if you are thinking it would pay off eventually. If you will be getting 1 to 2 cents per click, you will not be able to pay for renewals. Sending traffic to affiliate links only sounds good, but the conversion rate is 1% or even less imo.

16. poweredbyme

poweredbyme Democrat.win VIP

Most people don't see ads because of adblockers.
    Adblockers block redirections to aff links as well.

The rest of the visitors without adblockers close the page as soon as they realize they typed the domain wrong. The most who click are unable to buy something online like internet illiterate people, people with low income, etc. If the clicks don't convert the CPC rate may drop to zero or less than $0.01, hence the domain will likely make $1 or less per 1,000 visits.

Typo domain must earn approx. $1 per month to pay its renewal cost. When it comes to ad revenue, it's measured by CPM, $ per 1,000 page views. Based on my past experience, typo domain CPM is less than $1. So the typo domain must receive more than 50 visits daily or 1,500 per month, just to pay renewals. It's difficult to estimate traffic figures for each typo combination as every domain has literally hundreds of typo permutation. wwwexample.com is just one of the hundreds of typo possibilities of example.com. Therefore it's more of a chance to register a profitable typo. I think 99% of the time you will make loss for reg fees. As a solution you should consider buying domains with proven parking revenue. above.com marketplace shows verified revenue and traffic. You will see there that majority of the domains listed for sale earn less than $1 per month. So registering a domain (whether it's typo or not) for possible ad revenue is a type of gamble. You should ask yourself if you enjoy gambling or not.

Lastly, some registrars offer domain tasting in which you can cancel the newly registered domain in a few days and can get partial or full refund for the reg fee you paid. But they usually have a limit. I don't think they will allow you to register 100 domains and ask for refund. I could be wrong though.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!